News Ticker

June SotM Nominations

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

June Story of the Month Nominations

How it works:

This thread is for you to nominate your favorite stories to be recognized as the HPFT Story of the Month.  Seconding isn't necessary, as all stories will move on to the voting round. 

Mid-month [approximately 10 days after the nomination's thread is posted], a Prefect will post a voting poll for all of the stories that have been nominated. Don't worry about having to rush - you will have about 10 days to read the stories and vote for your favorite!

Winners will be announced in the News Bulletin on the first of each month. All SotM Winners will also receive a cool prize! 

Please post your nominations in this thread using the following format:

• Title:
  • Author:
  • Link to Story [& rating if Mature] :
  • Warnings [if applicable] :
  • Reason for Nomination:

Rules for Nomination:

1. To be eligible for nomination, a story must have been updated sometime within the past 12 months. 

2. Stories can be any genre, character type, fandom, or length.

3. No NC-17 rated stories.

4. Any story nominated must follow site guidelines.

5. All nominated stories must be posted on the HPFT Archives.

6. You may only nominate ONE story.

7. Stories do not have to be complete to be nominated. WIP's are acceptable.

Nominations will close on May 14th, 2017 at 11:59pm GMT 

Previous Months' Winners:

Spoiler

September '16 - The Harder They Fall by Victoria_Anne

October '16 - How Hogwarts Scarred Me For Life (by Enid McElderry) by beyond the rain

December '16 - Gravel on the Ground: From the Ashes by 1917farmgirl

January '17 - Liar by Felpata Lupin

March '17- Periphery by firewhiskey_ginger

April '17 - Absolution by Rhaenyra

May '17- In This Darkness by Quill2Parchment

July '17-Voldemort and the Impromptu Holiday by dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap & Nights like These by Banshee

August '17-The Wild Princess by Victoria_Anne & Skewed Toward Truth by MuggleMaybe

September '17- Traitorous Heart by Penelope_Inkwell

October '17 - Beyond Repair by MuggleMaybe

November '17 - no SotM

December '17 - Once Upon the Marauders by Flaming Quilltips

January '18 - When I Go Out With You by Dojh167

February '18 - no SotM

March '18 - five lives by just.a.willow.tree AND Haunting Shadows by dreamgazer220

April '18 - Letter to the Lost by Crimson Quill

May '18 - Stand Tall by Chelts-rhj

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

Title: The Possibility of After

Author: @Unwritten Curse

Link to Story [& rating if Mature] : click (M)

Warnings [if applicable] : Sexual Content, Substance Abuse and Violence 

Reason for Nomination: This is such a well written story which just draws you in. The imagery that Gina creates is just outstanding and the way she explores grief is just wonderful. I can't wait to see this story added to in the future. 

• Like 2

Title: Logarithmic
Author: @val
Link to Story: here+ (M)
Warnings: domestic abuse, substance abuse, violence, sexual content
Reason for Nomination: Okay so I started this story maybe a few days ago? And today I had a bit of free time so I sat down to read and review maybe a few chapters but then it dragged me along into this rollercoaster of emotions and sadness and I'm in the middle of reviewing another chapter right now but it suddenly occurred to me to nominate this for Story of the Month. Val gives an unbelievable dimension to minor characters we barely know of, Eloise Midgeon and Cormac McLaggen, and all the side characters are fully fleshed out as well. This is a war-time story but also one that deals with the more personal lives of teenagers, and I love it so much? Also it's freaking hilarious in parts. Please go read it if you haven't already, it's such a treat!

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Title: moment of tangency
Author: @forever_dreaming
Link to Story [& rating if Mature] : +clicky
Warnings [if applicable] : NA
Reason for Nomination: I really loved this short drabble, that touches on the idea of parallel lines of existence and how they [could] interact with each other, even when they aren't truly ever meant to cross. I think that what makes this so powerful is that it explores the idea of possibility in choices and encounters that we all make every day and how significant (or insignificant) that can turn out to be. I highly recommend checking it out if you're up for a little bit of thinking.  

Title: an absence of sound 

Author: @just.a.willow.tree

Link: here!

Warnings: None 

Reason for Nomination: I’ve never read a poem that’s so powerful or so simple; I’m amazed by the amount of raw emotion and truth packed into so few words. It almost made me cry—truly one of the best poems I’ve read! Also, this poem is so timely, given that May is Asian Pacific-American Heritage Month; if anyone wants a sneak peek into the experience of an Asian-American/Asian immigrant, this poem is perfect. 

• Thanks 1

• Title: Liam Wren and the Dragon Wand
  • Author: KJ Cartmell
  • Link to Story (M)
  • Warnings  Bullying, Hate Speech
  • Reason for Nomination:  This is a refreshing take on the Hogwarts School Reboot, with engaging, live characters, and wizard-world charm.  It deserves to be read and savored. 

Title: Two Months

Author: @Levana

Link to Story: +Two Months (M)

Warnings: none

Reason for Nomination:  This one shot is absolutely adorable and provides so much to love. It features Cho accidentally apparating in front of a muggle girl, and the gradual development of their relationship as they fall for each other. It's unique and inventive, and the way Maggie characterizes both Cho and her OC is super charming and relatable. Honestly, it's such a fun story to read and I definitely think it merits recognition :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1