Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
Sign in to follow this  
Rumpelstiltskin

June SotM Voting

May SotM Voting  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Please Choose One [as always, please do not vote for yourself]

• Life As We Know It by Slytherinchica08
    • The Possibility of After by Unwritten Curse
    • Logarithmic by Val
    • moment of tangency by forever_deaming
    • an absence of sound by just.a.willow.tree
    • Liam Wren and the Dragon Wand by KJ Cartmell
    • Two Months by Levana

Rumpelstiltskin
Posted (edited)

Remember to Vote!
Voting closes on 05/26/18 at 11:59 PM GMT

Vote for which story you think deserves recognition as June's Story of the Month! 

The Nominees:

Title: Life As We Know It
Author: @Slytherinchica08 
Link to Story: HPFT (M)
Warnings: Hate speech, sexual content, substance abuse, violence
Reason for Nomination: This has to be one of the most believable Dramiones I've read. It sticks so close to canon and you can tell Erica has put a lot of work into it. Hermione is written so well, and I'm just enjoying this story so much!

Title: The Possibility of After
Author: @Unwritten Curse
Link to Story [& rating if Mature] : click (M)
Warnings [if applicable] : Sexual Content, Substance Abuse and Violence 
Reason for Nomination: This is such a well written story which just draws you in. The imagery that Gina creates is just outstanding and the way she explores grief is just wonderful. I can't wait to see this story added to in the future. 

Title: Logarithmic
Author: @val
Link to Story: here+ (M)
Warnings: domestic abuse, substance abuse, violence, sexual content
Reason for Nomination: Okay so I started this story maybe a few days ago? And today I had a bit of free time so I sat down to read and review maybe a few chapters but then it dragged me along into this rollercoaster of emotions and sadness and I'm in the middle of reviewing another chapter right now but it suddenly occurred to me to nominate this for Story of the Month. Val gives an unbelievable dimension to minor characters we barely know of, Eloise Midgeon and Cormac McLaggen, and all the side characters are fully fleshed out as well. This is a war-time story but also one that deals with the more personal lives of teenagers, and I love it so much? Also it's freaking hilarious in parts. Please go read it if you haven't already, it's such a treat!

Title: moment of tangency
Author:  @forever_dreaming
Link to Story [& rating if Mature] : +clicky
Warnings [if applicable] : NA
Reason for Nomination: I really loved this short drabble, that touches on the idea of parallel lines of existence and how they [could] interact with each other, even when they aren't truly ever meant to cross. I think that what makes this so powerful is that it explores the idea of possibility in choices and encounters that we all make every day and how significant (or insignificant) that can turn out to be. I highly recommend checking it out if you're up for a little bit of thinking. 

Title: an absence of sound 
Author: @just.a.willow.tree
Link: here!
Warnings: None 
Reason for Nomination: I’ve never read a poem that’s so powerful or so simple; I’m amazed by the amount of raw emotion and truth packed into so few words. It almost made me cry—truly one of the best poems I’ve read! Also, this poem is so timely, given that May is Asian Pacific-American Heritage Month; if anyone wants a sneak peek into the experience of an Asian-American/Asian immigrant, this poem is perfect. 

Title: Liam Wren and the Dragon Wand
Author: KJ Cartmell
Link to Story: (M)
Warnings  Bullying, Hate Speech
Reason for Nomination:  This is a refreshing take on the Hogwarts School Reboot, with engaging, live characters, and wizard-world charm.  It deserves to be read and savored. 

Title: Two Months
Author: @Levana
Link to Story: +Two Months (M)
Warnings: none
Reason for Nomination:  This one shot is absolutely adorable and provides so much to love. It features Cho accidentally apparating in front of a muggle girl, and the gradual development of their relationship as they fall for each other. It's unique and inventive, and the way Maggie characterizes both Cho and her OC is super charming and relatable. Honestly, it's such a fun story to read and I definitely think it merits recognition :)

Edited by just.a.willow.tree