Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
Unwritten Curse

Unwritten Curse's Reviews

Unwritten Curse

Howdy, friends! Gina here. :)

In an effort to get more involved in HPFT and read more of your wonderful stories, I am opening up a new review thread! Hooray! Please read the rules and other information below before requesting, or I reserve the right to skip your request. Thanks!

Rules:

1. Only stories posted on HPFT, please.
  2. I will have two slots open at a time. When I am done with a review, I will post an update with how many slots are available.
  3. I will read only one chapter per request. You are free to come back and request again for multi-chaptered fics.
  4. HP fanfiction and original fiction ONLY. Any genre, era, pairing, etc.

Reviewing Styles:

1. Like a Reader: This is my default review style. Basically, I read your story purely for enjoyment sake, and my review consists of everything I love about the chapter and the story. I will gush about things that hit me as a reader, and leave your story with lots of love and support. Because the world is hard, you know? And sometimes you just need a little sunshine.
  2. Like a Writer: If you want me to review in this style, please let me know. I am BY NO MEANS nit-picky, but I can leave constructive criticism. In this review mode, I will also tell you the things that I loved, but it will come with a dose of feedback regarding what I think could be added or revised. I am an English teacher, so offering constructive feedback is part of the territory, and I have gotten rather good at offering said feedback without coming across as mean and scary. ;)

Extra Information:

1. My turnaround time for reviews will be between 1-5 days. If it has been longer than that, feel free to poke me via PM.
  2. If, for whatever reason, the subject material of your story is a no-go for me (this happens VERY rarely), I will let you know via PM.
  3. Please respond to my reviews. I LOVE hearing from you.

[b]Story and Author Name, including link:[/b]
[b]Warnings and Advisories:[/b]
[b]Genre[/b]
[b]Length:[/b]
[b]Summary:[/b]
[b]Ships:[/b]
[b]Areas of Concern:[/b]

REQUEST AWAY!
2 SLOTS OPEN

adorably cute
Posted (edited)

Jumping on this because your reviews always make me smile :D!!! 

[b]Story and Author Name, including link:[/b] Home by adorably cute Link Here! (M) (I think you just finished chapter 3? Chapter 4 link is here (M))
[b]Warnings and Advisories:[/b] sexual content, substance abuse
[b]Genre[/b] drama, humor, romance
[b]Length:[/b] 40,641 total. chapter 4 is 2940 words
[b]Summary:[/b] Home was a rather relative word for the girl who bounced between countries to divorced parents (who continue to do so, going for 
the record there, Mom?), but perhaps, as Carson Wood is coming to find, the word can mean more than just a house with furniture inside.
Or of family, friendship, finding love, and a bit of Quidditch.
[b]Ships:[/b] James II/OC, Fred/OC, Louis/OC, OC/OC
[b]Areas of Concern:[/b] flow, anything that hits you. I love your default review style so whatever you've got to say is great!
Edited by LadyL8
Unrated mature link

forever_dreaming
Posted (edited)

Story and Author Name, including link: War Stories by forever_dreaming (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Spoilers, Violence

Genre Genfic 

Length: 2 chapters, 7150 words total

Summary:  In the end, war heroes are, too, only humans.

Ships: They aren’t a major focus of the story. 

Areas of Concern: Honestly, I love hearing what people think about these stories. The two chapters in this story are not explicitly connected, though there are some common themes uniting them. Mostly, I want to know about characterization, purple prose, and the general emotional impact. I’m considering rewriting these stories, so if you have any suggestions/inputs on that front, that would be great. You can pick the chapter you want to read; the first chapter is about Neville and the second chapter is about Cho. Thanks in advance <3

Edited by forever_dreaming

Unwritten Curse

All done, my dears. Thanks for your patience. :hug:

2 SLOTS OPEN

just.a.willow.tree

hii! :3

Story and Author Name, including link: you again
Warnings and Advisories: justawillowtree
Genre angst, general, romance
Length: 16,992
Summary: 

Some people need only a single second chance at life to realign themselves with who they wish to be. Others require many more second chances.

This is a tale of the latter.

Ships: teddy/victoire
Areas of Concern: just want to know your thoughts! :wub: thank you!!

forever_dreaming

Story and Author Name, including linkWar Stories by forever_dreaming (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Spoilers, Violence

Genre: Genfic 

Length: 2nd chapter is 3763 words 

Summary:  In the end, war heroes are, too, only humans. // Chapter summary: “You were once a delicate China doll, but now you’re cracked and broken.”

Ships: N/A

Areas of Concern: Your first review basically killed me, so I’m back! <3 I wanted to know what you think of this as its own entity and in relation to the first chapter, “courage”. The second chapter is wildly different from the first but I’m always interested in the connections people make. CC is always appreciated :) 

Unwritten Curse

1 SLOT OPEN

Aphoride

GINA HI :D :hug: Hope life is treating you and your little one well!

Story and Author Name, including link: Imperium (M) by Aphoride
Warnings and Advisories: Mature (Domestic Abuse - which is a single instance of bruising in a later chapter - Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence)
Genre Angst, Crime/Mystery, Dark/Horror, Drama
Length: 23,100 words (5 chapters)
Summary: 

Men become accustomed to poison by degrees - Victor Hugo

It is October 1949: Lycus Malfoy is dying, quarantined in his house alone but for his wife, Adelaide, who still hopes there is a miracle cure; Eileen Prince has vanished into a Muggle life, washing the dead and arranging flowers, away from the sneers she endured at school; Cygnus and Orion Black are at war with each other even as they bury their secrets six feet deep. 

There is a murderer on the loose, shrouded in paranoia, and the old structures, things of blood and age and time, are starting to crumble.

And a ship arrives from Lübeck bringing Tom Riddle home. 

Ships: Tom Riddle/Cygnus Black, some minor others
Areas of Concern: So this is my first story with a real, proper kind of plot, haha, so any comments on that would be great, any thoughts on the structure (I've set it up like a play, with 4 acts per chapter and each act is from a different point of view), what you think of the characters - do you like them? do you loathe them? do they seem real to you? especially Adelaide as she's my first proper OC - and any other thoughts you have or want to say.

(If this doesn't suit you, because of the advisories - or you have any concerns about it, please feel free to pm me, and don't worry about not being able to review - I completely get it!)

Unwritten Curse

I'm on a roll!

2 SLOTS OPEN

adorably cute

I debated whether to request the next Home chapter or the one-shot I just posted so you'll likely see me back here sometime soon for the one-shot.

Story and Author Name, including link:  Home (M) by adorably cute (Next chapter is Chapter 5, link here)

Warnings and Advisories: sexual content, substance abuse

Genre: drama, humor, romance

Length:  chapter 5 is 3307 words

Summary:  Home was a rather relative word for the girl who bounced between countries to divorced parents (who continue to do so, going for the record there Mom?), but perhaps, as Carson Wood is coming to find, the word can mean more than just a house with furniture inside. Or of family, friendship, finding love, and a bit of Quidditch.

Ships: James II/OC, Fred/OC, Louis/OC, OC/OC

Areas of Concern: same as before, just would love to know your thoughts 🤗

poppunkpadfoot

yaassss i've been waiting to snag a spot!

Story and Author Name, including link: Of Bookshelves and Baby Carriers (M) by poppunkpadfoot

Warnings and Advisories: erm... profanity? :P

Genre: AU, fluff, humour, hurt/comfort

Length: chapter 1 is 2012 words

Summary: 

The customer standing in front of him is, quite possibly, the most beautiful man Remus has ever seen. Like, he looks like a model or something. He has long, black hair, flattened by water, and just the slightest amount of scruff on his face, and…

And a baby strapped to his chest.

Okay.

Ships: Remus Lupin/Sirius Black

Areas of Concern: would love to know your thoughts in general - this is quite different from what I usually write so I guess I'm a little concerned about the whole thing, hahaha.

:hug:

Unwritten Curse

2 SLOTS OPEN

Downbelow

Story and Author Name, including link: Scarred by Downlow (T)

Warnings and Advisories: Self-Harm, Sexual Content, Violence

Genre: Hurt/comfort

Length: 1427 words

Summary: 

A post-Fred story where George finds a way to cope up with the loss. 

Ships:None yet

Areas of Concern: Overall critique please :D

Thanks a lot :D

Aphoride

I hope it's okay if I come back for a second one? Imma respond to your review today/tonight :)

Story and Author Name, including link: Imperium (M) by Aphoride
Warnings and Advisories: Mature (Domestic Abuse - which is a single instance of bruising in a later chapter - Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence)
Genre Angst, Crime/Mystery, Dark/Horror, Drama
Length: 23,100 words (5 chapters)

Summary: 

It is October 1949: Lycus Malfoy is dying, quarantined in his house alone but for his wife, Adelaide, who still hopes there is a miracle cure; Eileen Prince has vanished into a Muggle life, washing the dead and arranging flowers, away from the sneers she endured at school; Cygnus and Orion Black are at war with each other even as they bury their secrets six feet deep. 

There is a murderer on the loose, shrouded in paranoia, and the old structures, things of blood and age and time, are starting to crumble. 

And a ship arrives from Lubeck bringing Tom Riddle home. 

Ships: Tom Riddle/Cygnus Black, some minor others
Areas of Concern: I'm trying to introduce a number of mystery-type elements here, which will build up to something bigger, so I'm wondering do you think there are too many questions and not enough answers at this stage? Is it too mysterious? What do you think of Eileen and her weakness with Tom Riddle, Cygnus and Orion, and Adelaide and Abraxas? I included Tom getting a job with Borgin and Burke's - what did you think of that? It's a very conflict-heavy chapter - do you think it's too much?