News Ticker

The Prefect's Celebration Challenge | July 15th, 2018

dreamshadow

Name: The Celebration Challenge
Deadline: July 15th
Accepted Fandoms: Harry Potter, Original Fiction (Please PM the prefects if you wish to write for another fandom)
Accepted Rating: A-M
Challenge Description:

Here at HPFT, June marks the beginning of a lot of special occasions, and to celebrate, we the prefects have decided to issue you all a challenge.  For this particular challenge, there are three different prompts for you to choose from. You can write about:

• vacation: can include a trip or a staycation
  • a “meet the family” situation which includes any kind of families or relationships
  • a topic relating to Pride Month: coming out, first kiss, the first time a character realized they were queer, etc.

You can write about one (1) of these prompts or combine two (2) of them or even all three (3)! While you are only required to write about one, we will be offering extra reviews for those that attempt multiple prompts in one story but this will not factor into the judging of the entry. You will still receive the reviews even if you do not place in the challenge.

Rules:

1. Must be posted on the HPFT archive. Cross posting is allowed, but we will only be judging from the HPFT archive.
  2. No pre-written stories or chapters added to a pre-existing story.
  3. Must follow site guidelines and rules.
  4. Can be combined with other challenges.
  5. Must be under 7,500 words. No multi-chapters.
  6. Must have “for the Prefect’s Celebration Challenge” somewhere in the story summary or chapter notes.
  7. Must also include the prompt used for the story, in either the summary or chapter notes.
  8. Multiple entries are welcome; however, to be eligible for the extra reviews, the prompts must be used in a single entry.

Prizes:

Each entry will receive a review from one of the prefects.

First Place: five (5) additional reviews on a story/stories of your choice, a pic spam based on your story, and a feature in the prefects' In the Spotlight blog
Second Place: three (3) reviews on a story/stories of your choice and a pic spam based on your story
Third Place: two (2) additional reviews on a story/stories of your choice

Each entry that places will also receive a prize graphic.

In addition, any entry that combines any two (2) of the prompts will receive one (1) additional review from the prefects. Any entry combining all three (3) of the prompts will receive two (2) additional reviews from the prefects.

Let us know if you have any questions, otherwise, post in the thread below if you're interested in signing up! We look forward to reading your entries ^_^

• Like 2

Imma be a maybe :ninja: 

• Like 1

When it says "meet the family" can be any kind of relationship does that mean it doesn't have to be romantic? Could it be something like say Albus bringing a friend home for Christmas after he starts Hogwarts and the other kid being amazed to meet the famous Harry Potter?

4 hours ago, Margaret said:

When it says "meet the family" can be any kind of relationship does that mean it doesn't have to be romantic? Could it be something like say Albus bringing a friend home for Christmas after he starts Hogwarts and the other kid being amazed to meet the famous Harry Potter?

Yep, that is correct!

• Thanks 1

I'm in.

• Like 1

Innnnnn.

• Like 1

Yay! Can't wait to see what you guys all come up with ^_^

Spoiler

Takers:
- TidalDragon
- Nix
- abhorsen.

Maybes:
- Aphoride 

Yay! I'm so happy so many people are already signing up :cheering:

Spoiler

Takers:
- TidalDragon
- Nix
- abhorsen. 
- toomanycurls
- sapphicsunrise

Maybes:
- Aphoride 

I'll be a maybe the idea wheels are already turning. :)

• Like 1

I might have an idea for this, so... maybe? :couch:

• Like 1

I'm in! :D

• Like 1

I've got an idea but no time! We'll call it a maybe? 

• Like 1

I'll be a maybe...going to try my hand at something fun and lighthearted since it's been a while!

• Like 1

I can't wait to see what ya'll come up with :cheering:

Spoiler

Takers:
- TidalDragon
- Nix
- abhorsen. 
- toomanycurls
- sapphicsunrise
-TheGoldenKneazle
-ssslytherinnn
-ShadowRose
-Pixileanin

Maybes:
- Aphoride 
- MalfoysAngel
-Felpata_Lupin
-Sleepingbagonthesofa
-MadiMalfoy

I have an idea for this just not sure about time! So I'll be a maybe

• Like 1

Excellent!

Spoiler

Takers:

• TidalDragon
  • Nix
  • abhorsen. 
  • toomanycurls
  • sapphicsunrise
  • TheGoldenKneazle
  • ssslytherinnn
  • ShadowRose
  • Pixileanin

Maybes:

• Aphoride 
  •  MalfoysAngel
  • Felpata_Lupin
  • Sleepingbagonthesofa
  • MadiMalfoy
  • teh tarik
  • adorably cute

Edited by dreamgazer220

just to check: is bringing someone home for the winter holidays a "vacation"? given they're coming home from school?

Can I be a maybe?

(Also, for the meet the family situation, does it count if a character considers those people their family (like an adopted family, if that makes sense)?)

• Like 2