Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Staff/prefect applications are open!
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
  • Claim your badges!
  • Check out the new emoji options.
ShadowRose

ShadowRose's Reviews

ShadowRose

Hello, and welcome to my review thread! I've been meaning to read more stories around here, and I figure opening up this little thread is a great way to do that. :P

What I'll Read:

• Only stories on the HPFT archives please!
  • I'd largely like to stick to HP and OF, just because I feel weird reviewing fanfic if I'm not familiar with the fandom it comes from.
  • Feel free to hit me up with any era/pairing (I do have a soft spot for next-gen, but I'll read absolutely anything).
  • All ratings are fine!

What I'm Good For:

• Dialogue notes. Dialogue is my (somewhat self-proclaimed) strong suit, so I'm usually pretty good at picking out when dialogue sounds forced or unnatural.
  • General plot/characterization/flow notes.
  • Love. No seriously, I tend to use a lot of exclamation points in my reviews because I'm just so dang excited about reading people's writing. I'll happily just give you and your story a lot of love and support. :hearteyes:

How to Request:

• If it's multichaptered, I'll review one chapter at a time (but seriously, as soon as I'm done, feel free to request for the next chapter).
  • I'm going to do 2 slots at a time for now. General turnaround time should be a week at most.
  • The request form itself:
[b]Story and Author Name, including link:[/b]
[b]Warnings and Advisories:[/b]
[b]Genre[/b]
[b]Length:[/b]
[b]Summary:[/b]
[b]Ships:[/b]
[b]Areas of Concern:[/b]

Alright, give me everything you've got!! :loveshower: (And by everything I mean two requests, lol.)

Recent Badges

just.a.willow.tree

HI :wub: 

Story and Author Name, including link: you again by justawillowtree
Warnings and Advisories: sexual content, slavery, violence
Genre angst, general, romance
Length: 16,992
Summary:

Some people need only a single second chance at life to realign themselves with who they wish to be. Others require many more second chances.

This is a tale of the latter.

Ships: teddy/victoire
Areas of Concern: since you said you liked next gen, I thought I'd put down one of my only next gen fics :P it was written for the Soulmate AU challenge, and I just want to know your general thoughts on it! anything you liked, disliked, etc. thank you so much in advance :hug: 

RoxiMalfoy

Hey Taylor!! :waving:  Thank you so much for offering to Review!! 

Story & Author Name: Doing the Right Thing by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: None
Genres: AU, Dark/Horror
Length: One-Shot, 1,500 Words
Ships: N/A
Summary: Mother had always said that I was different. She believed that I was capable of doing the right thing. Whatever that meant...
Areas of Concern: This is a missing moment from my main Novel; Love, Not War. It actually takes place about 3 months before the events of the main story begin. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this before coming back to request more of the full story. It's rather short, so just feel free to point out whatever sticks out to you. Thanks again so much!! ^_^

Edited by RoxiMalfoy