Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
Sign in to follow this  
victoria_anne

Milestones

victoria_anne

Have you just hit a major milestone in your NaNo-ing journey? Maybe you just passed 5k words? Or finally figured out that one scene that's been causing you trouble since the beginning? Your personal milestones are entirely self-imposed, but we'd love to hear when you reach one of them! So post below when it happens; you deserve the celebration!

giphy.gif

teh tarik

Um, I actually started my story? lol I don't know if anyone counts this as a milestone, but despite signing up for JulNo, I honestly didn't think I was going to follow through. But hey look, I wrote 400 words since the stroke of midnight, 1 July! :P (also yes, it's officially July here.)

• Like 5

sunshine_locks

3 milestones: 

1. i actually started JulNo for one. that's a plus. 

2. i finished chapter 7 of miracle. 

3. i reached my 1000 word marker!! 

• Like 4

starbuck

small milestones for me :)

1. started julno for the first time ever (by starting on chapter 4 of The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not)

2. wrote 200 words today after more than a week of not having time to write

• Like 3

Rhaenyra

I just hit 5000 words, so I'm on track.  I really don't think I have 45k left in this story though, so I'm going to need a second project for the end of the month.

• Like 2

Diogenissa

I missed the 1st 2 days but just cracked 2k of my 25k goal!  😎

• Like 3

dreamgazer220

I finished chapter 1 of my story tonight, and I'm actually excited to keep writing it! I'm enjoying the characters so far. 

Also, I wrote a little more than 2.5k today, so I'm back on track and a little ahead ☺️

• Like 4

teh tarik

*breathes*

I've hit 5K of my 15K goal. :D And I've finished the first draft of my oneshot. I'm not going to carry on writing right now, thouse -- I'm going to go back to this one-shot and try to edit it. And after that, I can continue with the rest of my word count.

...still can't believe I chose to do JulNo lol....

• Like 5

just.a.willow.tree

I hit 5k yesterday as well! So far I've been consistently meeting my daily goal of 667 words, which I'm super thankful for haha.

• Like 4

Sleepingbagonthesofa
Posted (edited)

I've passed 5k! 1/4 of the way there and I've almost got my one-shot finished and ready to go too 😄

Edited by Sleepingbagonthesofa
  • Like 2

Unwritten Curse

I started writing! :yay:

I don't have a Word Count goal, just a finish-this-WIP goal. I suppose my goal is to finish this chapter by the end of the weekend.

• Like 4

Recent Badges

danicasyer

I somehow hadn't been able to get alot of writing time in yet I managed to get 20,837 words for a story that is still very much in its rough draft stage and so far that's pretty good since it's within my word count goal range! I also managed to figure out a scene in a fanfiction that I didn't want yet also will be making sure to replace it with a new one! So far, so good!

• Like 1

ShadowRose

I hit 5k!! 🎉 

But the more significant milestone (at least to me) is that I wrote OF for the first time ever!! It’s just this short drabble thing that may or may not ever get posted, but it exists and I’m oddly proud of it.

• Like 1

just.a.willow.tree
8 minutes ago, ShadowRose said:

But the more significant milestone (at least to me) is that I wrote OF for the first time ever!! It’s just this short drabble thing that may or may not ever get posted, but it exists and I’m oddly proud of it.

That's so amazing! 🤗 You should definitely be proud, OF is hard. ❤️

Also, I just finished (a rough and very extremely unedited) one-shot for How to Train Your Dragon! And it's like super short and fluffy but it's one of my favorite franchises ever so I'm really happy that I managed to get a story out for it. 😊

• Like 1

starbuck

i hit 1k lol :P so 1/10 of the way there. i've been awfully busy this weekend and didn't manage to write as much as i planned :/

• Like 2

beyond the rain

I've hit 5k!!! 25% of my goal has been met - FINALLY. Now I'm only a day behind with everything - and after tomorrow I'm gonna have all week to get my muse back and try to catch up! 

Recent Badges

Rhaenyra
On 7/7/2018 at 6:40 PM, ShadowRose said:

I hit 5k!! 🎉 

Congrats on 5k of OF!  Creating your own world is no easy task and you're doing it!  What genre is your OF?

I hit 10k today.  I'm behind, but at least I'm writing today after a couple days of nothing.

sunshine_locks

i totally meant to post here that i reached 5k, but i put it off until i hit 10k. 

go me i guess?

adorably cute

I hit 3k aka 1/5 of my goal! Also, finished my prefect's challenge entry, which is exciting because that one was definitely a maybe on timing

Recent Badges

MadiMalfoy

I hit 4k finally, which is half of where I should be, so yay! Hoping to hit 7-8k tomorrow and get this piece finished and submitted to the queue!

Diogenissa

I --finally-- hit 5k today (actually close to 5.6k). Only 19k to go 😅 -- I can do that right?

• Like 1

starbuck

i passed 4k today :bliss: (and finished chapter 4 of The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not))

• Like 1

ShadowRose

Just crossed the 10k line!! :greenstars:

And I started the word doc for the epilogue of Complicated. I’m writing out of order (aka writing chapters 45, 46, and 47 simultaneously why am I like this), but the fact that I’m close enough to the end to even start writing the epilogue is wild (and has me majorly in my feels because I still don’t know how I’ve written almost an entire novel).

sunshine_locks

I passed 15k!! :^D 

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this