Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
Sign in to follow this  
victoria_anne

Blooper Reel

victoria_anne
Posted (edited)

NaNo is a crazy time, full of intense keyboard smashing in a desperate effort to reach the desired word goal. Anything can and will happen during a rat race :P  If you've come across some hilarious typos or silly mistakes during your NaNo journey, share them here! :D 

tenor.gif

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Like 3

victoria_anne

I know July isn’t here yet but I opened the Wild Princess document for planning and found this sentence: 

For once, Drayce

For once, Drayce what??? I stop mid-sentence so often and then have no idea what was supposed to be going on! It’s a terrible habit :P 

• Like 1

just.a.willow.tree
On 6/30/2018 at 5:34 AM, victoria_anne said:

For once, Drayce what??? I stop mid-sentence so often and then have no idea what was supposed to be going on! It’s a terrible habit :P 

I don't have my own example of this but same! Every single time, I want to smack myself for being so dumb, like, how hard could it have been to just finish that sentence instead of giving myself a terrible cliffhanger? :P 

starbuck
Posted (edited)

okay so i planned out the first ten chapters of The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not) before i started writing it. and now i'm supposed to write chapter four but i recently wrote a one shot, No Mercy., that happens during chapter 4 of TAOBN about the main character's brother which clashed with something i planned before i wrote the oneshot. i posted the oneshot a bit late at night and when i was in bed i realised i had to write up a new plan for chapter 4 of TAOBN. i've now opened google keep to see what i wrote (i'm not copy&pasting everything due to the spoiler-y nature)....(and the *** are, er, bad words)

or not the whole selene thing because ******* ethan ******* decided his best mate would *SPOILER* in his one shot what the hell am i going to do???!?!?

so yep. i still haven't resolved this conundrum. :P (also i don't actually remember writing that note i quoted :hmm: )

Edited by starbuck

RoxiMalfoy

I get to typing sooo fast when I'm in one of my inspired modes, so I knew I'd have one of these sooner or later, lol!! 😅

“Saleena, do you not understand that this particular technique is by far the most important thing that you will possibly learn here?”

“Yes, I know! You’ve told me that several times now.”

Then I suggest you take it more serious about it,” Queen Carla stated. “After all, should you master this ability, you will have complete control over your enemies.”

Ummm, that was supposed to say “Then I suggest you be a bit more serious about it,”  ...LOL!!!! 😂😂

• Like 1

ShadowRose

In the midst of that last rat race, I got a little too overzealous about the 'y' key apparently, because this happened:

at leasy somewhay comfortedy

RoxiMalfoy

Lesson #1) don't try to force yourself to write when you're clearly too tired and incoherent to make words... Lesson #2) Don't enter half-hour Rat Races when you're already half falling asleep as it is, lol!!! 😅 

I could barley keep my eyes open last night, and I kept nodding off as I was writing. I eventually fell asleep with my laptop like 18-20 minutes into the race!!! 😂  Then I came home from work this evening and reopened the doc, and this was what I came back to!!! :roflol:

“What kind of now power are we talking about here?” Roxi wondered, which she supposed is what she should have asked in toe first place.

• Like 5

adorably cute

I found this while going back to edit my prefect's challenge entry

and Dom realizes that he’s not in awe of the landscape or architecture or even

OR EVEN WHAT? I just stopped mid-sentence and continued on with the next paragraph because it picks up new after that. 🤦‍♀️

Recent Badges

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this