Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
Sign in to follow this  
PaulaTheProkaryote

Best Lines

PaulaTheProkaryote

Did you just write an amazing line that's left you preening? Hilarious dialogue? Share it here with us! 

Recent Badges

Unwritten Curse

I'm pretty proud of this line, from chapter 4 of The Possibility of After:

Illogically, she imagined that time would stop after Edgar and his family closed their eyes to the green of Unforgivable light.

• Like 3

Recent Badges

Aphoride

I'm surprisingly proud of this line, which I actually wrote on its own and found a way to work into Antebellum (which is super rare for me!): 

There is a wildness about him then: something feral in the light gleaming, silver and metallic, in his eyes and sliding round the curve of his dimples.

• Like 5

Recent Badges

victoria_anne

I've got a little something to share, too! (Except it's more than one line, oops)

Wren slipped his hands into his pockets. ‘You’ll have to do most of this. My ankle is still really sore. I don’t want to make it worse.’
She straightened, cloth dripping, and fixed him with an exasperated look. ‘Are you always like this?’
He rocked back on his heels. ‘No. Sometimes I’m asleep.’
Layla lobbed the cloth in his direction. It landed with a splat at his feet. He raised his head, opening his mouth to say something like ‘you missed’, and was just in time to catch a broom before it smacked him in the face.

• Like 3

Diogenissa

Okay so my most personable character is a lot more like Newt Scamander than I thought? 😆

They stepped through the broken door carefully and he looked around the room.  Yes, it was as bad as he thought. He froze a moment, noticing a huge bug skittering across the floor, much to the Gentleman’s chagrin.  Once it had safely passed, he walked over toward the Lady.

• Like 2

starbuck

i don't even know why i like this line from chapter 5 of The Art of Being Nonchalant (Or Not) so much except that it pretty much sums up quinn in one sentence:

If curiosity killed the cat, then my ego is what was going to be the death of me.

😏

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this