Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
Deeds

The Filch In Love Challenge l Deadline: 15 August 2018

Deeds

The Filch In Love Challenge 

Challenge Deadline:  August 15, 2018

I really can't explain why I am in love with Filch but I am! Maybe it's the fact that we're both grumpy and don't like when people make messes but I think old Filch deserves some love

Your challenge is to write about Filch in love. Maybe he fell in love as a young man and never got over his heartbreak. Maybe he fell in love after the war because he got a new outlook on life. Maybe Filch had a secret admirer at one point in his life. Maybe he even went on a blind date! Heck, maybe he had a Valentine! Or maybe he never experienced the true meaning of love until he adopted/purchased/found Mrs. Norris (maybe she helped him make a love connection with another cat owner at a Caretaker convention!). 

Here's the deal: you can write any genre you just have to make sure your story incorporates love within it 

Lengthwise there's no limit to your word count but your story must be a one-shot

You can have multiple entries

You can pair Filch with whoever you like (or with no one! Maybe he's in love with himself!) Just make sure your story is TOS compliant 

Any rating on HPFT is fine. You must submit to HPFT but if you also post your story on AO3 or FF.net I will make sure to copy and paste my review there (just leave all the links below). 

Make sure you include in your summary, "For The Filch In Love Challenge." 

PRIZES 

I will obviously review every challenge entry but FIRST PLACE will receive four reviews on a story of their choosing. I will also favorite the story on HPFT and add it to the recommended thread in the appropriate place. 

SECOND PLACE will receive two reviews on a story of their choosing. I will also favorite your story. 

THIRD PLACE will receive one review on a story of their choosing. 

• Haha 1

TreacleTart

I am so in for this! I love Filch

Rumpelstiltskin

I love this -- let's do it!

Deeds
22 hours ago, TreacleTart said:

I am so in for this! I love Filch

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

I love this -- let's do it!

YAY! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D Thanks for joining my challenge!