Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
Sign in to follow this  
Stella Blue

Write a Bad Summary...

Stella Blue

The idea of a good story summary, as we all know, is to get a reader interested in the story through a short paragraph or sentence that gives clues as to what the story is about. However, because it’s entertaining to poke fun at the things we love, this thread is the opposite: where you write a technically true but misguided summary that makes a story sound less appealing than it is. :P 

Examples:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone

An 11-year-old has conspiracy theories about one of his teachers and gets into a fight with a grown man over a rock.

The Lord of the Rings

Frodo Baggins goes to great lengths to discard litter on a mountain.

So.... Write a bad summary of your own fic, or a published novel, if you'd rather not mock your own writing :P, and post it here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

just.a.willow.tree

Oh I love these! There are so many good ones on Twitter. 😂 I'll do one of my own and one published one!

you again

Two dumb humans repeat the same mistakes over and over for five hundred years.

Alice in Wonderland

A girl gets high.

• Like 1

victoria_anne
Posted (edited)

These are amazing :P 

The Harder They Fall:

Boy wants to find girl then changes his mind once he does.

Hartwood Academy

Boy has birthmark that causes a lot of drama.

The Raven Cycle:

A group of co-dependent teenagers search for a dead king.

Edited by victoria_anne
Couldn't resist adding another :P
  • Like 1

Slide

Oh, too much fun!

Ignite:

A privileged teenager sulks his way through a crisis; is inevitably acclaimed hero of the hour anyway.

And for published fare, Captain Corelli's Mandolin:

A small island community is more worried by internal drama than its Nazi occupation.

• Like 2

ShadowRose

Oh my goodness I love this so much. 😂

Complicated:

Girl spends entire story attempting to keep her varying relationship status with the same boy a secret from everyone else. Is not very good at it.

• Like 1

Stella Blue

Omg I'm loving all of these ^

When I made the original post I didn't take the opportunity to make fun of myself so I'm posting again just for that :P 

Icarus:

Lily tells a few lies,  becomes a terrible houseguest, and then turns 25 twice.

• Like 2

Dojh167

WIGOWY

Girl in love gets cheated on, makes a lifestyle out of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rumpelstiltskin

This is a hilarious thread. I love this thread with all my heart.

For We, Lawbreaking Citizens

Two men fall in love and are fluffy and gay while they try to escape a drug-pushing regime.  They like poetry.

For Gerald's Game by Stephen King

A married couple go on vacation to reignite their love life. The hubby kicks the bucket after handcuffing his wife to the bed in a perfect sexy-time-gone-wrong scenario. She has to figure out how to escape before a stray neighborhood dog eats her. 

• Like 1

sunshine_locks

on miracle:

girl gets a letter into hogwarts. wizarding world gets her into dumb stuff while all she wants is to explore. thinks about noping out of there multiple times.

on wrong place, wrong time:

boy is pulled into weird time turner thing. knows too many memes and is exasperated the whole way. he might never go back home, but he's strangely indifferent to it.

on little red:

girl gets too arrogant. thinks apathy is the new Cool, probably.

Edited by sunshine_locks

Sign in to follow this