Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
Slytherinchica08

The Challenge Yourself Challenge 31 October 2018

Slytherinchica08
Posted (edited)

Challenge Name: The Challenge Yourself Challenge

Challenge Deadline: 31st October 2018

Accepted Fandom(s): Harry Potter any other fandom need to message me first for approval to ensure I know it 

Accepted Ratings: all

Challenge Details: After writing my post about writing vs reading differences I came up with this idea for a challenge to work on stories that you wouldn't typically work on because of whatever reason. So for this challenge I want YOU to pick your challenge! It doesn't matter what you pick it could be a certain character, genre, pairing, etc. but I will be judging you on how well you've done with your own personal challenge. 

A few things before we get started:

1. You must tell me what it is you are challenging yourself to do.

2. You cannot have posted anything featuring that specific character, genre, etc. So if you choose to challenge yourself to write a Harry Potter centered fic you can't have any stories posted with Harry as the main character. 

3. It can be any length but if its more than a oneshot I would like at least 2 chapters to be posted by the deadline.

4. Multiple entries are allowed as long as the challenge is different

Rewards:

I will review all submissions for the challenge

3rd place: 1 review 

2nd place: 3 reviews 

1st place: 5 reviews

Edited by Slytherinchica08

Rumpelstiltskin
Posted (edited)

Oh gosh, I'll be a maybe.

I suppose that means I'll be writing a Dumbledore/Grindelwald piece (oh lord, save me). I also want to challenge myself with Mystery. So, I'll try to write a Dumbledore/Grindelwald Mystery piece.

And as a backup or a second entry I'll try something with High Fantasy (perhaps something to do with the communities within the Dark Forest or something).

O.O 

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin
  • Like 3

just.a.willow.tree

YES okay. I'm going to try a HTTYD fic featuring a relationship between two sisters. (Mostly I'm concerned about all the dragons. 😅) But I'm super excited for this, so in!

• Like 1

Slytherinchica08
On 7/4/2018 at 7:50 AM, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Oh gosh, I'll be a maybe.

I suppose that means I'll be writing a Dumbledore/Grindelwald piece (oh lord, save me). I also want to challenge myself with Mystery. So, I'll try to write a Dumbledore/Grindelwald Mystery piece.

And as a backup or a second entry I'll try something with High Fantasy (perhaps something to do with the communities within the Dark Forest or something).

O.O 

I very much look forward to both of these entries! 

22 hours ago, just.a.willow.tree said:

YES okay. I'm going to try a HTTYD fic featuring a relationship between two sisters. (Mostly I'm concerned about all the dragons. 😅) But I'm super excited for this, so in!

Perfect! I look forward to reading this! 

In:

Rumpelstiltskin: Dumbledore/Grindelwald- mystery, High Fantasy fic

just.a.willow.tree- HTTYD

• Like 1

ShadowRose

I'm gonna be a maybe with a Founders Era fic (because my comfort zone is Next-Gen and Founders is about as far from that as you can get) and I'm going to attempt to write a story without a single hint of romance (because literally every. single. fic. on my entire AP is a romance of some sort).

Also, question, are you ok with entries that are combined with other challenges?

• Like 1

Slytherinchica08
2 hours ago, ShadowRose said:

I'm gonna be a maybe with a Founders Era fic (because my comfort zone is Next-Gen and Founders is about as far from that as you can get) and I'm going to attempt to write a story without a single hint of romance (because literally every. single. fic. on my entire AP is a romance of some sort).

Also, question, are you ok with entries that are combined with other challenges?

Yes you can combine this with any other challenge

TreacleTart

I’ll be a maybe for this. TBH, it’s going to be quite hard me to find anything I haven’t already done. Let me look through my AP and see what I can come up with.

• Like 2

Slytherinchica08
10 minutes ago, TreacleTart said:

I’ll be a maybe for this. TBH, it’s going to be quite hard me to find anything I haven’t already done. Let me look through my AP and see what I can come up with.

Great! If you need any help let me know and I can look through your page as well and see if I can come up with something

Rhaenyra

I'll be a maybe for this.  I've done 4 fandoms, 6 HP eras, and most genres so I don't know what I'll do yet but I'm going to try to think of something really out there for me.  At the moment I'm leaning towards maybe something in the Rebuilding time frame or a different fandom.

• Like 1

potionspartner

Can it be something we've already started? I've started a humor story which or really isn't my forte and I'm struggling with it.

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Chelts-rhj

I’m going to combine this with the Anything but Harry Challenge and write something way different for me- an epistolary Pirate/Norse mythology mashup! Crossing my fingers it isn’t a train wreck. Tried it as a regular narrative and didn’t feel right. We’ll see! 

Recent Badges

Slytherinchica08
On 7/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, potionspartner said:

Can it be something we've already started? I've started a humor story which or really isn't my forte and I'm struggling with it.

That would depend on how much (if anything) has been posted already. If you have only started writing it but haven't posted anything you're good if you've started posting I would say no more than 2 chapters can be posted already.

On 7/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, Chelts-rhj said:

I’m going to combine this with the Anything but Harry Challenge and write something way different for me- an epistolary Pirate/Norse mythology mashup! Crossing my fingers it isn’t a train wreck. Tried it as a regular narrative and didn’t feel right. We’ll see! 

Just wondering what fandom you're planning on doing for this challenge? As I stated in my rules, any fandom other than Harry Potter first needs to message me for approval as I do not typically read outside of the HP fandom.

potionspartner

Okay, then I'm a yes. It will be a story about the Knight Bus and the challenge for myself is writing humor.

Edited by potionspartner
  • Like 1

Recent Badges