Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The House Cup finale will commence shortly!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
  • Ask about our Review Transfer Tool.
poppunkpadfoot

The Marauders Prank Challenge - 11 August, 2018

poppunkpadfoot

Hello everyone! I wanted to run a really quick and fun challenge, and the wonderful @nott theodore suggested this topic. So the challenge is to write a story about the Marauders crafting and/or executing a prank! Pretty simple, I know,  but I also know that I personally find prank concepts really challenging to come up with.

The rules are:

• No prewrittens (can be combined with other challenges though)
  • No multi-chapter entries - one-shots only
  • All Audiences - Mature ratings accepted (no Explicit stories ;) )
  • The Whomping Willow "prank"/incident isn't going to count for this challenge, since part of the challenge is to come up with a prank idea (and since it really doesn't count as a prank, tbh)
  • Entries must be posted on HPFT (they may be posted elsewhere as well, of course, but I will only be judging on HPFT)
  • It is encouraged that the story feature all of the Marauders (yes, even Peter), but it is not strictly necessary. If your story does feature all the Marauders, not all of them have to be involved in the prank.

The prizes are:

• First place: 4 reviews on stories of your choice, prize graphic, 1 additional graphic (a banner, sig, CI - your choice)
  • Second place: 3 reviews on stories of your choice, prize graphic
  • Third place: 2 reviews on stories of your choice, prize graphic

All entries will also receive a review from me prior to judging.

If you have any questions (like if you have an idea and want to confirm eligibility) please don't hesitate to either post your question in the thread or reach out to me privately!

Felpata_Lupin

Okay, so... I have a one-shot in the making (since like a couple of centuries...) that would be perfect for this, but...

1) Does the story have to be set during the Marauders' school days or can it be in the future/in a different setting/AU/...?

2) how important is it for all four of them to be present? Because in this story Peter is missing... not because I have anything against him (you know I love my little Petey), he just... isn't there?

Thank you, darling! :wub:

• Like 1

poppunkpadfoot
22 minutes ago, Felpata_Lupin said:

Okay, so... I have a one-shot in the making (since like a couple of centuries...) that would be perfect for this, but...

1) Does the story have to be set during the Marauders' school days or can it be in the future/in a different setting/AU/...?

2) how important is it for all four of them to be present? Because in this story Peter is missing... not because I have anything against him (you know I love my little Petey), he just... isn't there?

Thank you, darling! :wub:

1) Nope! It just has to feature a prank planned/orchestrated by the Marauders.

2) That's totally fine, it's not that important! I'm actually mostly trying to discourage people from excluding Peter based on not liking him, hahaha. I know with you that's not an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Felpata_Lupin

Wonderful! :D Consider me a maybe, then!

• Like 1

CambAngst

Not gonna lie, this sounds pretty cool! Now I just need to come up with a good prank...

• Like 1

poppunkpadfoot
33 minutes ago, CambAngst said:

Not gonna lie, this sounds pretty cool! Now I just need to come up with a good prank...

Are you a maybe then, Dan? :D

Rumpelstiltskin

I would love to be a maybe, please!

• Like 1

poppunkpadfoot
1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

I would love to be a maybe, please!

Woohoo! Sweet!

Takers:

Maybes:
Felpata_Lupin
CambAngst?