Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Congratulations to Hufflepuff for winning the 2017-2018 House Cup!
  • All the finale newspapers are now available for reading
  • Staff
  • prefect
  • and house newsletter editor applications are now open
dirigibleplums

The Musical Muse Challenge | 1st October 2018

clevernotbrilliant

I really really really shouldn't but...

Hit me up

dirigibleplums
Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2018 at 4:28 AM, Rumpelstiltskin said:

You know what, that first lyric gave me some crazy and manic ideas, so I'm just going to run away with that - - thank you! 

yass that's what i want to hear 😄

@val yes! your lyric is everything's cool when we're all in line for the throne from tennis court by lorde

@clevernotbrilliant you really really should ;) your lyric is the universe has moved for us from 'intro: serendipity' by bts

Spoiler

POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS

1just.a.willow.tree: 'this house is not a home for you' from twenty eight by the weeknd

2. reillyjade: 'they're trying to tell me i'm just like the others, but i ain't all bad' from all bad by justin bieber

3. adorably cute: 'my worries spread like cancer again / god damn it' from the most beautiful moment in life by bts

4. Pixilean: ' i am never gonna give you anything you expect' from can't pin me down by marina and the diamonds

5. Deeds: 'i've seen the world, lit it up as my stage now' from young & beautiful by lana del rey

6. MalfoysAngel:  'i want you to stay even though you don't want me' from call out my name by the weeknd

7. sunshinelocks: 'i used to recognise myself, it's funny how reflections change' from let it go by james bay

8. victoria_anne: 'you know the problem with history / it keeps growing back like weed' from weeds by marina and the diamonds

9. ShadowRose: 'i'm forever chasing after time but everybody dies' from immortal by marina and the diamonds

10. Rumpelstiltskin: 'now i don't feel a thing when i'm holding his hand from atlantis' by bridgit mendler

11. Felpata_Lupin: 'we got that love, the crazy kind' from him & i by g-eazy and halsey

12. dreamgazer220: 'can we go back to the world we had? cut like diamonds we were made to last' from 1965 by zella day

Edited by dirigibleplums

VaguelyCreativeName

This sounds fantastic! I'm definitely interested! (Because who cares about uni stress am i right?)

dirigibleplums

@VaguelyCreativeName you have uni at the moment? damn good luck

anyway your lyric is and i don't know what you're saying but you're talking so loud from intention by kiiara :)

Spoiler

POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS

1just.a.willow.tree: 'this house is not a home for you' from twenty eight by the weeknd

2. reillyjade: 'they're trying to tell me i'm just like the others, but i ain't all bad' from all bad by justin bieber

3. adorably cute: 'my worries spread like cancer again / god damn it' from the most beautiful moment in life by bts

4. Pixilean: ' i am never gonna give you anything you expect' from can't pin me down by marina and the diamonds

5. Deeds: 'i've seen the world, lit it up as my stage now' from young & beautiful by lana del rey

6. MalfoysAngel:  'i want you to stay even though you don't want me' from call out my name by the weeknd

7. sunshinelocks: 'i used to recognise myself, it's funny how reflections change' from let it go by james bay

8. victoria_anne: 'you know the problem with history / it keeps growing back like weed' from weeds by marina and the diamonds

9. ShadowRose: 'i'm forever chasing after time but everybody dies' from immortal by marina and the diamonds

10. Rumpelstiltskin: 'now i don't feel a thing when i'm holding his hand from atlantis' by bridgit mendler

11. Felpata_Lupin: 'we got that love, the crazy kind' from him & i by g-eazy and halsey

12. dreamgazer220: 'can we go back to the world we had? cut like diamonds we were made to last' from 1965 by zella day

13. val: 'everything's cool when we're all in line for the throne' from tennis court by lorde

14. clevernotbrilliant: 'the universe has moved for us' from intro: serendipity by bts

WalkingDredd

Oooh I love this! Can I please be a maybe, with any random number please :D

dirigibleplums

@WalkingDredd of course you can! your lyric is you're my best friend, i'll love you forever from 'you get me so high' by the neighbourhood

alternatively: living with identities that do not belong to me from 'valley of the dolls' by marina and the diamonds (lol i think that's the fourth marina song haha 😜)

Spoiler

POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS

2. reillyjade: 'they're trying to tell me i'm just like the others, but i ain't all bad' from all bad by justin bieber

6. MalfoysAngel:  'i want you to stay even though you don't want me' from call out my name by the weeknd

10. Rumpelstiltskin: 'now i don't feel a thing when i'm holding his hand from atlantis' by bridgit mendler

11. Felpata_Lupin: 'we got that love, the crazy kind' from him & i by g-eazy and halsey

13. val: 'everything's cool when we're all in line for the throne' from tennis court by lorde

14. clevernotbrilliant: 'the universe has moved for us' from intro: serendipity by bts

15. VaguelyCreativeName: 'and i don't know what you're saying but you're talking so loud' from intention by kiiara

GinnyPotter242

I need some inspo to break through the wall I'm hitting right now, so I'll try this! Sounds like fun :)

StarFeather

Give me the lyric, plums. I'll write Albus Potter and OC. (I remembered your great one-shot you wrote for me with Albus/OC. :)  )

dirigibleplums
On 8/8/2018 at 10:45 PM, GinnyPotter242 said:

I need some inspo to break through the wall I'm hitting right now, so I'll try this! Sounds like fun :)

ugh The Wall is awful :( let's see if this lyric sparks anything in you! i was living in the moment / searching for a little serotonin from 'overdose' by grandson

On 8/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, StarFeather said:

Give me the lyric, plums. I'll write Albus Potter and OC. (I remembered your great one-shot you wrote for me with Albus/OC. :)  )

aw thank you so much! ❤️ your lyric is you are a stranger here, why have you come? from 'who are you really' by mikky ekko. i look forward to read what you've come up with! :D

Spoiler

POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS

2. reillyjade: 'they're trying to tell me i'm just like the others, but i ain't all bad' from all bad by justin bieber

6. MalfoysAngel:  'i want you to stay even though you don't want me' from call out my name by the weeknd

10. Rumpelstiltskin: 'now i don't feel a thing when i'm holding his hand from atlantis' by bridgit mendler

11. Felpata_Lupin: 'we got that love, the crazy kind' from him & i by g-eazy and halsey

13. val: 'everything's cool when we're all in line for the throne' from tennis court by lorde

15. VaguelyCreativeName: 'and i don't know what you're saying but you're talking so loud' from intention by kiiara

16. WalkingDredd: 'you're my best friend, i'll love you forever' from you get me so high by the neighbourhood

sunshine_locks

hello plums! may i have the honor of being your first entry? 

dum vivimus vivamus (M)

• Like 1

dirigibleplums
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, sunshine_locks said:

hello plums! may i have the honor of being your first entry? 

dum vivimus vivamus (M)

*screams* omg it's the 18k monster, i'm so happy 😭💕

Spoiler

POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS

1. just.a.willow.tree: 'this house is not a home for you' from twenty eight by the weeknd

16. WalkingDredd: 'you're my best friend, i'll love you forever' from you get me so high by the neighbourhood

17. GinnyPotter242:  'i was living in the moment / searching for a little serotonin' from overdose by grandson

18. StarFeather: 'you are a stranger here, why have you come?' from who are you really by mikky ekko

ENTRIES:

1. sunshine_locks: dum vivimus vivamus (M)

Edited by dirigibleplums
  • Haha 1

CherryKen

oh, i really shouldn't but why not

Hit me with your best shot!

Recent Badges

dirigibleplums
9 hours ago, CherryKen said:

oh, i really shouldn't but why not

Hit me with your best shot!

u rllly should ;)

your lyric is from 'you and i' by pvris and is bodies and souls collide / dance in the moonlight where all the stars align

Spoiler

POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS

1. just.a.willow.tree: 'this house is not a home for you' from twenty eight by the weeknd

8. victoria_anne: 'you know the problem with history / it keeps growing back like weed' from weeds by marina and the diamonds

14. clevernotbrilliant: 'the universe has moved for us' from intro: serendipity by bts

17. GinnyPotter242:  'i was living in the moment / searching for a little serotonin' from overdose by grandson

18. StarFeather: 'you are a stranger here, why have you come?' from who are you really by mikky ekko

ENTRIES:

1. sunshine_locks: dum vivimus vivamus (M)

CherryKen

Ahhh, the song is beautiful but it's not giving me anything. Can I try another one please? 😣

Recent Badges

dirigibleplums
8 minutes ago, CherryKen said:

Ahhh, the song is beautiful but it's not giving me anything. Can I try another one please? 😣

ah that's okay, it's natural! i've gone for two different vibes and you can pick whichever or request a new song if neither work for you :)

1: a melancholy town where we never smile from "feel good inc" by gorillaz

2: when i'm with you, danger feels like a good thing from "baby don't like it" by nct 127

MalfoysAngel

The Weeknd isn't doing it for me can I please have something different.

dirigibleplums
12 hours ago, MalfoysAngel said:

The Weeknd isn't doing it for me can I please have something different.

sure! again two diff vibes, pick and choose your fighter ;)

1: i broke your heart and you buried mine from "broken" by lund

2: every now and then, the stars align / boy and girl meet by the great design from "lucky ones" by lana del rey

Spoiler

POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS

6. MalfoysAngel:  ??

8. victoria_anne: 'you know the problem with history / it keeps growing back like weed' from weeds by marina and the diamonds

14. clevernotbrilliant: 'the universe has moved for us' from intro: serendipity by bts

16. WalkingDredd: 'you're my best friend, i'll love you forever' from you get me so high by the neighbourhood

17. GinnyPotter242:  'i was living in the moment / searching for a little serotonin' from overdose by grandson

19. CherryKen: ??

ENTRIES:

KeltyGranger

Its a bit late, but can I give this a shot? 

1917farmgirl

How would you feel about a story for the Merlin fandom?

dirigibleplums
8 hours ago, KeltyGranger said:

Its a bit late, but can I give this a shot? 

of course you can! your lyric is i want to be held fragile like glass / 'cause i've never felt nothing like that from "wanna be missed" by hayley kiyoko :)

7 hours ago, 1917farmgirl said:

How would you feel about a story for the Merlin fandom?

asddfghjkl unfortunately merlin isn't a fandom i'm all too familiar with (aside from what i see on tumblr which is essentially: merlin+arthur for life). i'm sorry :(((

POSSIBLE PARTICIPANTS

3. adorably cute: 'my worries spread like cancer again / god damn it' from the most beautiful moment in life by bts

6. MalfoysAngel:  ??

11. Felpata_Lupin: 'we got that love, the crazy kind' from him & i by g-eazyand halsey

16. WalkingDredd: 'you're my best friend, i'll love you forever' from you get me so high by the neighbourhood

19. CherryKen: ??

ENTRIES:

1917farmgirl

No worries. Just thought I'd ask. :)

CherryKen

If it's alright with you, can I snag the previously abandoned The Weekend lyrics instead? 😅

Recent Badges

dirigibleplums
On 9/2/2018 at 9:13 PM, 1917farmgirl said:

No worries. Just thought I'd ask. :)

of course! sorry to disappoint you though :/

3 hours ago, CherryKen said:

If it's alright with you, can I snag the previously abandoned The Weekend lyrics instead? 😅

the lyrics: 'i want you to stay even though you don't want me' from call out my name by the weeknd ?? you sure can ♡