Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • THE HOUSE CUP FINALE HAS BEGUN!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
abhorsen.

August Bulletin

RoxiMalfoy

AHHH!!! @PaulaTheProkaryote, my dear, I am SOO EXCITED to see you win the OOM award this month!!! :yay:  I love you soo much for everything that you do for the site, and it has been SUCH a privilege to work with you over the past year!!! You are such an inspiration, and I honestly do not know what I'd do without you.  :wub:  Also, Happy freaking early Birthday, lol!!! We're totally gonna have to get our party on this month, haha!!  :happybirthday:  You just tell me when and I'm there!!! 😁

@forever_dreaming, ooh nooo!!! I am so sad to see you go hunny. 😢  You have done so much behind the scenes, and you have been such a valuable part of the Prefect team for so long now. I love you so much hun, and I so greatly appreciate you. I know that we will still be seeing you around though, and I cannot thank you enough for all of your hard work. :grouphug:  

And @adorably cute, my most awesome JulNo buddy!!! :hug:  Even though I was as unproductive as ever, I could not have asked for a better PenPal!!! 😅  We started off as total strangers a month ago, and now you have become one of my new best friends!!! ♥️  You rock, Sarah, and it has been so awesome to see you helping out in Gryffindor over the last few weeks. Thank you so much for all of your support with my Novel and and for being such a great part of the site since you arrived. I love you, girl, and I wish you nothing but the best of luck in all of your future writing endeavors!!!

@Theia, your HS award was also SO well deserved!!! You have been killing it over the past few weeks as well, and that Sig you made is STUNNING!!!! 💙 And to my two dearest Gryffies @ShadowRose and @Sleepingbagonthesofa, you guys already KNOW how stoked I am to see you both as Prefects. But I'll say it again and again, lol!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 🦁💕  You guys are going to make a stellar team, and I am beyond excited to see what you two are going to bring to the Gryffindor Common Room!!   :gryffindor:

Happy Birthday to ALL the August Babies, and Congrats to all the stories that were featured; I am super excited about this month's group of fics!! 👍 Has everyone been keeping up with our Featured Fics Blog on HPFT's Social Media pages over the past few months? If not, you should totally heck it out. 😉

@abhorsen. I am absolutely LOVING the Moana theme on this month's graphics SOOO MUCH!!!!!  :loveshower: The bulletin looks stunning, as always!!!! 😍❤️💗

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

800 words of heaven

Oh, my goodness! So much going on this month!

Thank you to @forever_dreaming for all her hard work as a Prefect! Even as a Prefect of a different House, we all love and appreciate your work! And welcome, @ShadowRose and @Sleepingbagonthesofa ! I hope you enjoy your new adventure as Prefects!

Congratulations, too, to our Head Students, and Order of Merlin recipient! So, so well deserved! I'm also pretty keen to check out this month's featured fics! It's always a good place to go if I'm looking for a new read :)

And, as always, @abhorsen. your graphics are AMAZING. I can almost imagine that I'm in the Pacific Islands looking at them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

velajune

I'm so amazed by everything that's happened near the end of July to today. It always feels like a whirlwind of events and I love it. There are so many things to celebrate this month from the awards to birthdays.

I just want to do a blanket of congratulations to the head students, order of merlin recipient, story of the month, and featured stories. And definitely always thank you to the staff of hpft. It's always sad to see someone step down but it's also a pleasure to see new ones take on the job. (Semi-oo topic: For the longest time, I had no idea what a Muggle Liaison was... idk if it just never registers in my head but I finally know now.)

It's never said enough, @abhorsen. your graphics are wonderful. I'm really loving the color as it contrasts the heat where I live.

• Like 1

Chemical_Pixie

Congratulations, everyone, for your accomplishments! Looking forward to seeing everyone's completed newspapers. :)

@abhorsen. Thank you so much for selecting my fic to be a staff pick for this month. I'm shocked and so pleased!

• Like 1

Phoenix Potioneer

@abhorsen. wonderful graphics, as always! I can always count on your graphics to remind me what I need to watch. :) Last month's reminded me that I needed to catch up on Supergirl, the month before that reminded me to finish season 4 of the Flash, and this month's graphics reminded me that I have yet to see Moana...

Congratulations to @Theia and @adorably cute! I don't know you well, yet, but glad to see that you've been active in the House Cup!

And wow, there are a lot of birthdays for August, aren't there? Looks like August is a popular month!

• Like 2

ShadowRose
Posted (edited)

:thankyou: 

Eep, so excited to join the team!! And literally couldn't have asked for a better Gryffie prefect partner  @Sleepingbagonthesofa 😁

(also shoutout to @RoxiMalfoy for nudging me to apply, bc honestly I don’t know if I would’ve had the confidence to otherwise 😅)

And yay, congratulations on Head Student @adorably cute!! You've been absolutely killing it in the House Cup activities lately, Sarah, and this was so well-deserved!

Edited by ShadowRose
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sleepingbagonthesofa

Congratulations to @esmeraude and to everyone who had their stories featured! Also to Paula for OotM and @Theia for HS both so well deserved!

@adorably cute SARAH! 😍 You've been taking over the den for the HC and have all round been so kind of the site, I couldn't imagine being here without you and our constant ONE DAY pep talks! Congrats on Head Student!

@RoxiMalfoy I'm also going to echo what Taylor said, that little nudge saved me from months of staring an application and deciding I was too new or finding some other excuse! Joining the team has been amazing so far and I'm so excited to get to work with my new partner in crime @ShadowRose ❤️ I couldn't have asked for a better one! 

Branwen, as always the graphics are stunning! Thank you to everyone who put this together :hug:

• Like 4

starbuck

congrats everyone - Paula on the OOtM, ShadowRose and Sleepingbagonthesofa on becoming Prefects, Theia and adorably cute on winning Head Student, and everyone who got their story featured!!!

and i'm so happy that ministry memorandums (from the mysteries) won story of the month - it's such a great great story! :loveshower:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

dreamgazer220

Congratulations to everyone who got promoted, was recognized, or won featured story this month! It's amazing to see how much this site has grown in two years, and I'm so happy it's grown into such a loving and supportive community. 

I'm super excited to welcome aboard @Sleepingbagonthesofa and @ShadowRose to the Prefect team - it's great to have some Gryffindors on board! You guys have been rockstars already I'm eager to see what you bring to the table.

@PaulaTheProkaryote, you are an amazingly kind individual, and you work so hard for HPFT behind the screen. Thank you so much for everything, lovely ❤️ :hug:

And congratulations to @Theia and @adorably cute for being our Head Students this month!

Your graphics are stunning as ever, @abhorsen. ❤️ 

:grouphug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Theia

oh wow, thanks so much everyone! this was so unexpected and a wonderful surprise! 

congratulations to the new prefects and especially @PaulaTheProkaryote - that OOM award is SO well deserved and i'm so happy for you! thank you for being a part of this community and everything you do! :hug: 

@abhorsen., @RoxiMalfoy, @dreamgazer220, and @Ineke - thank you for taking the time out to put this together, you all are such stars! ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

MadiMalfoy

Congrats to everyone! Taylor and Deni, I'm SO EXCITED to work with you as prefects!! It's going to be super nice to have some Gryffindor prefects! :) 

As always, a lovely bulletin and beautiful graphics @abhorsen. , @RoxiMalfoy, @Ineke, and @dreamgazer220!! 

• Like 3

esmeraude

I didn’t see this until now and I literally cried reading this bulletin and the comments so thank you all so much :hug:and congratulations to everyone else who was featured/promoted this month! (And Branwen, those graphics are beautiful as always :wub:)

• Like 1

adorably cute

Late to the party since I just got back in the country but thank you for Head Student and thank you everyone! This was a lovely surprise! I'm super happy to be apart of this wonderful community!

Much love to you too @RoxiMalfoy ❤️❤️❤️! I am so glad we were penpals and more glad we're friends!:hug:

The graphics are beautiful and now I just want to go watch Moana😁

• Like 6

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.