Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • THE HOUSE CUP FINALE HAS BEGUN!
  • Keep an eye on the Prefects' Blog for House Writing Award results.
Alopex

Press Release: Now Seeking Your Publishers

RoxiMalfoy
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, facingthenorthwind said:

OH MY GOD I THINK I JUST REALISED WHAT HUFFLEPUFF WAS DOING, WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT 

I didn't even realize it until like late last night, and I was one of the ones giving them the damn clues, lmfao!!! :roflol:

tumblr_mww29zKXGl1skg5jqo1_250.gif

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Haha 2

Alopex
22 hours ago, Dojh167 said:

@Alopex Can we get double check that #9 doesn't have a typo? That it is in fact supposed to be "dog," not "dogs"

I think that it is a typo but will ask the staffer in question!

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Alopex

The results for scavenger hunt 3 are in. The hunt itself was worth 488 points for card-finding, plus 39 more points for fact-matching. Then there was the usual order-of-completion bonus for card-finding (for houses that didn't complete, we then looked at percentage completed).

1st Place: Hufflepuff earned 488 points for finding 39/39 cards, 39 points for matching 39/39 facts, and 100 points for finishing finding the cards first, for a total of 627 points.

2nd Place: Gryffindor earned 488 points for finding 39/39 cards, 23 points for matching 23/39 facts, and 75 points for finishing finding the cards second, for a total of 586 points.

3rd Place: Slytherin earned 473 points for finding 38/39 cards, 19 points for matching 19/39 facts, and 50 points for order-of-finish, for a total of 542 points.

4th Place: Ravenclaw earned 449 points for finding 36/39 cards, 23 points for matching 23/39 facts, and 25 points for order-of-finish, for a total of 497 points.

• Like 9

Recent Badges

Alopex

It occurs to me, by the way, that you all may be interested in the answers to the facts. :P Sorry for bad formatting.

Also, I am unlocking this topic again in case anyone wants to discuss/complain/etc. :P

abhorsen.    I am the plan.
abhorsen.    I don't like liars who steal nail polish and then pass out when you slap them a little bit on the back of the head.
abhorsen.    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Alopex    The object I'd most like to interact with from the HP books is the Marauder's Map.
Alopex    I can make my throat puff out like a frog.
Alopex    I have still never watched the "Goblet of Fire" film.
Ineke    A pet that is owned either by myself or my parents, is named after a Harry Potter character
Ineke    I have two cats
Ineke    If I had been born a boy, my name would've been Bart
LadyL8    Loves to read crime/mystery novels
LadyL8    Have never gone ice skating, but would love to do it next winter
LadyL8    Used to work at a pet shop
Levana    I am a huge LOTR fan, and even created my own recipe for Lembas bread.
Levana    I live on baked potatoes .
Levana    I love video games; my two (2) favorites are Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.
Paulatheprokaryote    I have a decent sized insect collection.
Paulatheprokaryote    My dream is to run an animal rescue when I retire.
Paulatheprokaryote    I’m obsessed with greenhouses.
Renacerá    Enjoys star-crossed romances and essentially all LGBTQ+ pairings
Renacerá    Works professionally with books
Renacerá    Loves cats, tolerates dog
RoxiMalfoy    The very first fanfic I ever wrote was a Lord of the Rings story, and it was all hand-written on over 600 pages of notebook paper.
RoxiMalfoy    I went to see my favorite band play live in concert 19 times before they tragically broke up back in 2013. 😢
RoxiMalfoy    I started singing/performing locally when I was 8 years old, and I'm currently one of the lead singers in the worship band at my church.
TidalDragon    Intermittent tabletop gamer
TidalDragon    Knocked out running into a tree
TidalDragon    Former amusement park employee
toomanycurls    Likes to write happy endings.
toomanycurls    Has four (4) tattoos.
toomanycurls    Has toured a chocolate factory.
Unwritten Curse    Studied abroad in Northern Ireland.
Unwritten Curse    Learned to play the bass guitar at age 16.
Unwritten Curse    Stayed at a monastery for a weekend and wrote a series of prose poetry about the experience.
Veritaserum27    I've met Khaled Hosseini.
Veritaserum27    I love sushi.
Veritaserum27    I don't have any tattoos.
victoria_anne    I own five different copies of my favourite book
victoria_anne    My favourite music artist is Tori Amos
victoria_anne    My biggest dream is becoming a published author

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Recent Badges

Dojh167

I HAVE SO MUCH HUFFLEPUFF PRIDE RIGHT NOW

• Like 5

RoxiMalfoy

I would like to point out that I stand corrected by whichever Puff uncovered my After Edmund obsession, lol!! 😅  They DID finally announce their breakup to the public in early 2015. But the last time I saw them in concert was in September of 2013, and I might have based my fact analysis around that. I pretty much knew after the last time I saw them tho that they wouldn't be together much longer, due to everything that was going on with some of the members IRL. 😟 

I apologize if mixup on the dates/years confused anybody... However, all you really had to do was take one look thru all of my photo albums on Facebook to see that I had traveled and seen this band play in concert WELL OVER 14-15 times, lmao!!! 😂😂 The exact total of 19 may not have been mentioned anywhere, but it was totally not a hard fact to guess at all, Imo. Mad props to whoever figured out it was the band After Edmund tho!!! 😋

Also, it was a music-related clue, and I'm a musician. I go to concerts all the time, so... 🤷‍♀️  Word to @Unwritten Curse for throwing in that bass guitar fact tho and making everything think that I could play an instrument, haha!! 🤣 All I do is sing, y'all. I just wish that I could play an instrument. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1