Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
Sign in to follow this  
Alopex

Press release: Week 3 Assignments

Alopex

I just realized we didn't post the Week 3 assignments yet...oops. :couch:

HPFT Forums -- Week 3 assignments for the House Cup Finale have just been announced. They are as follows:

1. Finish writing and submit your Articles.
  2. Graphics. Although you may continue working on graphics through the end of the competition, you need to have a design ready for your paper header, and some kind of template ready for your section headers. You should also have GIFs chosen for the pieces you've written so far. If you aren't at this point by the end of the week, it's going to be a struggle to do everything last minute.
  3. Staff profiles scavenger hunt.

Articles

Details can be found in this topic.

Graphics

Requirements for the graphic design of your newspaper were released in Week 1.

Scavenger Hunt for Staff Profiles

It is time to chase down leads for your newspaper articles! Read more about the scavenger hunt here.

Week 3 ends on Friday, August 10th

Recent Badges

Dojh167

Hey, I wanted to double check which if any graphics need to be submitted by the end of this week.

Alopex
11 hours ago, Dojh167 said:

Hey, I wanted to double check which if any graphics need to be submitted by the end of this week.

Except for the staff profiles and wild card sections, all your writing should be done by the end of this week. Therefore, you should have all the associated graphics completed by the end of this week as well. That means section headers and the GIFs to accompany your pieces. Also the newspaper header itself, of course.

The deadline is to keep you on track and make sure you aren't scrambling at the last second to try to make a bunch of graphics as well as put your paper together into its final form. There will be a couple bonuses given out related to the graphics, but we're going to be looking at the paper overall. So technically, you could wait until the last minute of week 4, but I don't recommend it. Aim for having the graphics components finished this week (except staff profiles and wild card sections).

Recent Badges

starbuck
Posted (edited)

@Alopex what about the picspams that were mentioned? Are they still waiting to be revealed what they need to be about or did i miss something? (Also could you take a look in out CR at the kind of template we have for the newspaper overall so we know if that's okay or if it needs to be changed? It's in the week3 thread, my last post there)

Edited by starbuck

Alopex
On 8/8/2018 at 7:28 AM, starbuck said:

@Alopex what about the picspams that were mentioned? Are they still waiting to be revealed what they need to be about or did i miss something? (Also could you take a look in out CR at the kind of template we have for the newspaper overall so we know if that's okay or if it needs to be changed? It's in the week3 thread, my last post there)

Sorry for the delay in answering.

The picspams haven't been revealed yet... it'll be for the task related to the week 3 scavenger hunt that's about to wrap up. :)

and your format is fine. I don't know anything about graphics, really, so you're the expert in that, especially compared to someone like me. 😛 Yoir format exceeds the expectations we had, so from that perspective it is fantastic. If it proves not to work our because of size or something, in the end you just need to have all the elements grouped together in a single post somehow, so like I said, you are way ahead of that. :P

• Thanks 1

Recent Badges

Alopex

As a reminder, you have some things due today that should be posted in your completed items thread:

• your three articles
  • your newspaper header
  • the final list of your staff fact matches

Also, keep in mind that by today, you should also have some sub-headers created for your newspaper sections and should have GIFs picked out to accompany each written piece you've produced so far. If you do not have these elements together, you are going to be struggling really hard at the last minute. If you don't have it together, you still have another week, but this deadline exists to keep you on track and alleviate some of the stress of trying to do graphics at the last minute.

• Like 2

Recent Badges

Sign in to follow this