Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
StarFeather

The Dragon Tale Story Challenge : Deadline May 31, 2019

StarFeather

The Dragon Tale Story Challenge  Deadline: May 31, 2019

Theme: Unleash Your Dragon and the Fantasy World (any genres, categories will be applied for this challenge).

Rules

1. Don’t violate the ToS.

2. Limit one entry per an author. Submit your story at hpft archives.

3. Pre-written entries are only for the multi-chaptered one. At least, submit two new chapters by the deadline.

4. Combination with another challenge is accepted.

5. Participants must confirm they are "a taker" no later than on November 30, 2018.

6. All entries will be reviewed.

7. Entries must be in the queue with the rating by May 31, 2019

8. Please choose one card from below for your prompt. If you choose the other HP characters or the other fandom, please let me know which one.

9. Please take a note in the summary of your story, “For The Dragon Tale Story Challenge hosted by StarFeather” at hpft archives.

Prizes

1st Prize : 5 reviews and the award graphic

2nd Prize: 3 reviews and the award graphic

3rd Prize : 2 reviews and the award graphic

Prompts

Unleash-Your-Dragon-Tale-challenge-4.png.79200c6a599b7488f9fb1fd0159c6368.pngUnleash-Your-Dragon-Tale-challenge-5.png.371de00fa2b7561e7933ddca84a3cc5a.pngUnleash-Your-Dragon-Tale-challenge-6.png.3092530e6fe66ec94ce5c9a4081fa6d8.pngUnleash-Your-Dragon-Tale-challenge-1st-choice.png.d1cd05308440cd05e092d6d60b53b460.pngUnleash-Your-Dragon-Tale-challenge-3.png.00fd4c84de7cf148fac8d1e6f1436d83.pngUnleash-Your-Dragon-Tale-challenge-2.png.61868269ccdf7f03077d1abde9422883.pngUnleash-Your-Dragon-Tale-challenge-0.png.878cf8203b0f96a5ca32f144db37c92e.png

victoria_anne

OMG I can’t believe how long this was here before I saw it! I’ve been looking forward to this since you first mentioned it! I’m in :D 

StarFeather
6 hours ago, victoria_anne said:

OMG I can’t believe how long this was here before I saw it! I’ve been looking forward to this since you first mentioned it! I’m in :D 

Thank you @victoria_anne!  Which fandom and which character will you choose as the protagonist in your story? (Sorry, Fleur, I did a typo in the prompt graphic. ^ ) 

victoria_anne
17 hours ago, StarFeather said:

Which fandom and which character will you choose as the protagonist in your story?

Erm, I'm not sure yet :$ Maybe Charlie Weasley :) 

StarFeather
On 8/30/2018 at 4:40 PM, victoria_anne said:

Erm, I'm not sure yet :$ Maybe Charlie Weasley :) 

Great!I will try writing Charlie as well. :)

StarFeather

Sorry for double post, I would like to add one more, the original stories are welcomed in this challenge. :)

MadiMalfoy

Hey Kenny, I saw you posted this and chatted with me about my OF piece (which will feature dragons)....so I'll be a tentative maybe at the moment with either a one-shot or short story deal with my OF world.

But on second thought, I might also try my hand at a BBC Merlin fic (bc I've been meaning to write one of those for ages) so yeah...

I'll let you know for sure by mid-October if I'll be able to actually do it or not. ^_^ 

Edited by MadiMalfoy
  • Thanks 1

juls

I'd like to join this also - is it alright if I pick Charlie also?

• Thanks 1

StarFeather
On 9/7/2018 at 5:43 AM, MadiMalfoy said:

Hey Kenny, I saw you posted this and chatted with me about my OF piece (which will feature dragons)....so I'll be a tentative maybe at the moment with either a one-shot or short story deal with my OF world.

But on second thought, I might also try my hand at a BBC Merlin fic (bc I've been meaning to write one of those for ages) so yeah...

I'll let you know for sure by mid-October if I'll be able to actually do it or not. ^_^ 

@MadiMalfoy I can't wait for your story! You can also try both, OF and bbc Merlin! :)

On 10/9/2018 at 5:20 AM, juls said:

I'd like to join this also - is it alright if I pick Charlie also?

@juls, of course, it’s alright with Charlie.

Me also will try Charlie with Asian dragons like this. :D

sketch-1539429257003.thumb.png.490c62be9a5869cf176064ab94c00cba.png

I wonder if someone will try writing 'How to Train Your Dragons'...

juls

alright - just for you @StarFeather, I'm going to attempt How to Train Your Dragon, because Toothless is my OTD (one true dragon) and I love the movies, and can't wait for the new one to come out!

toothless.jpg

• Thanks 1