Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
Lady Ausra

The Trope of Aces Challenge | 1st November 2018

sunshine_locks

Okay, so, I've been thinking on it, and I think I want to join this challenge? Though it does depend on what you think about tropes; would you count any of these as tropes? Muggle AU, Uni AU, and "I'm a photographer, and I need a model" AU. I've been seeing these types of stories around a lot lately, that I've kinda started seeing a common theme among all of them. My fandom would be Harry Potter. (I plan on using them all in one story, lmfao.)

• Like 2

Lady Ausra

@sunshine_locks I will count Muggle, College, and "Insert job here" AUs as tropes, as long as you remain true to the characters, of course. I look forward to reading your piece! :clapping:

Edited by Lady Ausra

Recent Badges

ShadowRose

comin' at ya with my fake dating/childhood friends to lovers/muggle high school AU entry because i started with one trope and it quickly became many 😋

Love, Lily Evans [M]

• Like 2

Lady Ausra

@ShadowRose Gah, Jily and Fake Dating, some of my favorites. I'll wait to review until after the deadline, just so it's fresher in my head, but it was a lovely read, and too adorable for words. :roflol:

Recent Badges

TheGoldenKneazle
On 9/7/2018 at 4:18 AM, sunshine_locks said:

Okay, so, I've been thinking on it, and I think I want to join this challenge? Though it does depend on what you think about tropes; would you count any of these as tropes? Muggle AU, Uni AU, and "I'm a photographer, and I need a model" AU. I've been seeing these types of stories around a lot lately, that I've kinda started seeing a common theme among all of them. My fandom would be Harry Potter. (I plan on using them all in one story, lmfao.)

Man this is surely all the best tropes rolled into one 😍😍😍😍 wish I had time to do them too!

• Like 1

esmeraude

Um. Does "I kissed a cute boy at a masquerade ball and now I have no idea who he is, but he knows who I am" count as a trope? :P I'm fairly sure I've read something similar before but I don't know how much it's used in fanfic, and I had trouble navigating the website you linked to, sorry!

• Like 2

Lady Ausra

@esmeraude It's fine; TVTropes is a bit overwhelming the first time, but yes, what you said totally counts! It falls under the umbrella of Masquerade Ball, in which, I believe romantic misunderstandings and confusion like that which you mentioned are more or less required.

Go for it! 😁

Recent Badges

The Heir of Slytherin

I have a Lucius/Narcissa idea, it starts off friends to lovers, and the lovers parts is like a Romeo and Juliet style forbidden romance. Is this good for your challenge? 

• Like 1

Lady Ausra

@The Heir of Slytherin Friends-lovers is bread and butter, and R & J? This Shakespeare nerd is being spoiled here. Do it!

Recent Badges

esmeraude

Stopping here to drop off our masqueraded folks, who can't seem to figure out how to have a conversation: The Life and Lies of Albus Potter (T) :P

• Like 1

Lady Ausra
Posted (edited)

@esmeraude I adore it! Poor Al, though. All that paparazzi.

Also, am I mistaken, or it that incomplete? (If so, you'll need a second chapter up by the deadline)

Reviewing will have to wait until after the deadline, but that was a great read, and I loved your Diana. :D

Edited by Lady Ausra

Recent Badges

esmeraude

It's a current WIP! I'm hoping to get the entire thing completed by the deadline :ninja: but I can guarantee three chapters, whatever happens, since I'm almost done with the third. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

you-make-me-wander

Tropes are my weakness. I must get in! 🤩

I'm not sure which one I'll pick yet but, if I'm given the liberty, I'd like to combine one or two. I've messaged you about a possible crossover, to make things more interesting 😁

Note: Could you please clarify on what's the word limit you're expecting, please?

Thank you ^_^

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Lady Ausra

@esmeraude Fantastic! I look forward to reading them. 😍

@you-make-me-wander I didn't have a specific word limit in mind, so let's say: longer than a drabble (~100-500 words) and somewhere around the smaller one-shot range (~1K-3K words) at the very minimum. If it's a WIP, I just expect about the same thing for the word count at least two chapters; so, generally a very minimum of 1,000-ish words. Other than that, go crazy, with both word counts and tropes! :twothumbsup:

Recent Badges

you-make-me-wander

@Lady Ausra Thank you for clarifying on the length of the story, although I hope you won't regret it lol my writing tends to go on and on and on 😅

I look forward to start working on it!

• Like 1

Recent Badges

The Heir of Slytherin

My Lucius/Narcissa: Master of Luck (M) :) 

• Like 1

Lady Ausra

@The Heir of Slytherin A very interesting beginning, and I love the framework for the plot! I hope you'll have the second part out by the deadline, and I look forward to reviewing and judging it! :D 

Edited by Lady Ausra

Recent Badges

The Heir of Slytherin

@Lady Ausra I have four more chapters written so far, hoping I'll get at least two of them posted by the deadline. :)

• Like 1

sihaya

First two chapters of my coffee shop/mutual pining are up! Hopefully won't take too long to finish it off.

A Latte Love [M]

Thank you for inspiring me! It has been so long since I've written anything this has been delightful.

• Like 1

Lady Ausra

@sihaya! My heart has grown three sizes after that fluff! It was my pleasure to help you with getting back to writing. Once the deadline passes, I'll be doing reviews, and I look forward to returning to "A Latte Love"! 😍

• Like 1

Recent Badges

facingthenorthwind

Is "everyone lives (except Peter Pettigrew for plot reasons)" a trope? asking for a friend. :P

• Like 1