News Ticker

The Women Supporting Women Challenge | 24th January 2019

suzy turquoise blue

Challenge Name:

The Women Supporting Women Challenge

Challenge Deadline:

24th January 2019

Accepted Fandoms:

Harry Potter, Simon vs, Brooklyn 99, Doctor Who, Original Fiction, etc. I can't list them all here, but if you have a fandom you want to write for, just let me know and I can tell you if I'm familiar with it!

Accepted Ratings:

Any rating is fine!

Challenge Details:

So as you can tell from the title, the general premise of this challenge is all about women supporting women! The internet has been a pretty ugly place recently with regard to the treatment of women, so reading about positive friendships between women would be a wonderful antidote! Examples include celebrating/supporting achievements, offering encouragement, positive cis allyship, mothers/older sisters passing down knowledge or family stories or advice to daughters/younger sisters, supporting another woman's right to wear religious clothing -- those are just off the top of my head.

If you're writing within the HP 'verse, I have a list of 50 characters you can use if you want, but you're welcome to choose your own characters or write OCs.

Challenge Rules:

1. The deadline is 24th January. Your entries will be my Christmas presents :P

2. No prewritten entries. The goal of this challenge is to get more awesome fics featuring women on the archives (but if you have a prewritten fic that celebrates positive relationships between women, let me know so I can read it!)

3. Must be posted on the HPFT archives, with this challenge mentioned in the summary or story notes.

4. Multiple entries are allowed and encouraged!

5. If choosing numbers, you may choose up to two numbers. There's no limit on the number of people who can snag a number, but if you see that a lot of people have picked a certain character, please try to choose a different one if you can -- I'd love to read as many different characters and friendships as possible!

6. There will be no takers or maybes; everyone will be listed as a participant!

Rewards:

:first: An award graphic, five reviews, and eternal glory!

:second: An award graphic, three reviews, and eternal glory!

:third: An award graphic, two reviews, and eternal glory!

All participants will receive a review on their entry!

I'm super excited to see what everyone comes up with! :excited:

Edited by galadriel
fixing date
  • Like 5

MEEEEEE *raises hand* I don't know what I am writing yet but I  definitely in. Awesome challenge!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stella Blue said:

MEEEEEE *raises hand* I don't know what I am writing yet but I  definitely in. Awesome challenge!!

I look forward to reading your entry!! :wub:

1 minute ago, Dojh167 said:

Can I see #21?

Of course! #21 is Morag MacDougal!

Participants:

• Stella Blue
  • Dojh167 -- #21
  • Like 1

I'm in with a Weasley family fic

• Like 1

Maybe here :D (might be the push to start writing that Mary Pettigrew/Silvia Lupin friendship fic I've had in my head for ages...)

Just in case, what are your rules in regards to multichaps?

• Like 1

hiya I shouldn't enter ANOTHER challenge but how can I pass this one up???

Really wanting to write some mother-daughter things, so I'll be a maybe with Hermione and daughter Rose! (Who's the dad? Wait and see!)

• Like 1

Maaaaaybe ^_^

• Like 1

Sorry for the delayed response, everyone! Yesterday was a sick day (read: Isobel slept for fourteen hours last night because painkillers are a one-way ticket to Zombie Central :thumbsdown:)

On 9/27/2018 at 1:19 AM, MalfoysAngel said:

I'm in with a Weasley family fic

Yaaaaay! I can't wait to read it! :D

On 9/27/2018 at 6:13 AM, Theia said:

In with OF!! :D

:cheering:

On 9/27/2018 at 6:57 AM, Felpata_Lupin said:

/Maybe here :D (might be the push to start writing that Mary Pettigrew/Silvia Lupin friendship fic I've had in my head for ages...)*-

Just in case, what are your rules in regards to multichaps?+

Woo! And whoops, my bad, really should've remembered that! :facepalm: I'm going to ask for a minimum of two chapters to be posted by the deadline, just so I can see the plot progression and how the women are supporting other women.

On 9/27/2018 at 7:03 AM, MadiMalfoy said:

hiya I shouldn't enter ANOTHER challenge but how can I pass this one up???

Really wanting to write some mother-daughter things, so I'll be a maybe with Hermione and daughter Rose! (Who's the dad? Wait and see!)

ENTER ALL THE CHALLENGES. :yes:

On 9/27/2018 at 9:02 AM, Aphoride said:

Maaaaaybe ^_^

:cheering:

On 9/27/2018 at 4:33 PM, Chelts-rhj said:

I’m in with Molly and Fluer! 

This sounds so awesome!! :D

Participants:

• Stella Blue
  • Dojh167 -- #21
  • MalfoysAngel
  • Theia
  • Felpata_Lupin
  • MadiMalfoy
  • Aphoride
  • Chelts-rhj

I absolutely should not enter any challenges right now but listen, my soul needs this. Thank you for creating it. I'm in ❤️ Not sure if it's going to be HP or OF, but one of those.

Edited by MuggleMaybe
UPDATE: PLUNNY ALERT! It's HP :)
  • Like 1

i now realize that i said i'm in for this on twitter but not on here ? 

anyways, i am definitely in for this, although i've yet to decide which characters yet (i'm leaning towards lily and some other gals from the marauders era, but not certain yet)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MuggleMaybe said:

I absolutely should not enter any challenges right now but listen, my soul needs this. Thank you for creating it. I'm in ❤️ Not sure if it's going to be HP or OF, but one of those.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

1 hour ago, naydriel said:

Women supporting women; count me in! (The challenge is fantastic, but count me in as a maybe, because life ? )

No worries! I'm counting everyone as participants until an entry is submitted, so don't feel under any pressure! (Although I do hope Life stops being a pain soon!)

2 minutes ago, ShadowRose said:

i now realize that i said i'm in for this on twitter but not on here ? 

anyways, i am definitely in for this, although i've yet to decide which characters yet (i'm leaning towards lily and some other gals from the marauders era, but not certain yet)

It's totally fine. :P If it helps, you're welcome to choose a number for inspiration!

Participants:

• Stella Blue
  • Dojh167 -- #21
  • MalfoysAngel
  • Theia
  • Felpata_Lupin
  • MadiMalfoy
  • Aphoride
  • Chelts-rhj
  • MuggleMaybe
  • naydriel
  • ShadowRose

I'm going to put myself down for this one (spanks the hand that's typing). Girl power empowerment and support is definitely something we all need more of. 

I'll do HP - can I get number 10? Pulleazzze and thank you! :computer:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, juls said:

I'm going to put myself down for this one (spanks the hand that's typing). Girl power empowerment and support is definitely something we all need more of. 

I'll do HP - can I get number 10? Pulleazzze and thank you! :computer:

Of course! And I absolutely agree, which is why I created this challenge!

#10 is Audrey Weasley! :cheering:

Participants:

• Stella Blue
  • Dojh167 -- #21
  • MalfoysAngel
  • Theia
  • Felpata_Lupin
  • MadiMalfoy
  • Aphoride
  • Chelts-rhj
  • MuggleMaybe
  • naydriel
  • ShadowRose
  • juls -- #10

I've been eyeing this up since you posted it but am unsure about time/real life things, but add me to the list and I'll see if I can pull it together!

Could I seen #24 please? 

• Like 1

Just checking to see if I could get someone more familiar to me? I know nothing about Aubrey.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adorably cute said:

I've been eyeing this up since you posted it but am unsure about time/real life things, but add me to the list and I'll see if I can pull it together!

Could I seen #24 please? 

Of course! #24 is Septima Vector! (I promise not everyone is this obscure :ninja:)

17 hours ago, juls said:

Just checking to see if I could get someone more familiar to me? I know nothing about Aubrey.

Sure! How is #5, Parvati Patil? ^_^

5 hours ago, Ineke said:

Very very very maybe.

If my muse works along.

*pokes Ineke's muse incessantly until it co-operates* :thumbsup:

Participants:

• Stella Blue
  • Dojh167 -- #21
  • MalfoysAngel
  • Theia
  • Felpata_Lupin
  • MadiMalfoy
  • Aphoride
  • Chelts-rhj
  • MuggleMaybe
  • naydriel
  • ShadowRose
  • juls -- #5
  • adorably cute -- #24
  • Ineke
  • Like 2

Sorry, I thought I responded to this beyond in my head, but may I keep Aubrey, please. My mind keeps ticking on a story with Hermione and Ginny.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, juls said:

Sorry, I thought I responded to this beyond in my head, but may I keep Aubrey, please. My mind keeps ticking on a story with Hermione and Ginny.

Of course you can keep Audrey! Don't worry, I do the exact same thing... too many times :couch:

articipants:

• Stella Blue
  • Dojh167 -- #21
  • MalfoysAngel
  • Theia
  • Felpata_Lupin
  • MadiMalfoy
  • Aphoride
  • Chelts-rhj
  • MuggleMaybe
  • naydriel
  • ShadowRose
  • juls -- #10
  • adorably cute -- #24
  • Ineke
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

How can I resist a women supporting women challenge?! I would love to write you a Christmas-present-challenge-entry about positive relationships between women, because encouragement and support and solidarity is very important. I'm almost certainly going to write something set in the HP universe, and I'll try to limit myself to a complete-mini-story one shot and not, like, start a novella about Rose Weasley and Lily Luna Potter saving the world together. 

• Like 1