Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
abhorsen.

October Bulletin

Pixileanin

These Bulletins are always fantastic to read!  I love hearing about what's going on in the other Common Rooms.  I think it really pulls us all together as a tighter community.  Congrats to everyone who works on this thing.  I look forward to these every month!

😍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rumpelstiltskin

Awww, you lovely Prefects -- :sad: I love my T.O.A.D. ❤️❤️  (and you bunch).  I'm going to take Hagrid and go cry now. You all are a bunch of hard-working, enthusiastic, and dedicated interhouse lovelies -- it has been so much fun working with you all! 

@abhorsen. The graphics!! So spooky! So awesome! And thanks for rec'ing We, Lawbreaking Citizens too ❤️ :sad::hug:.

I feel like I'm being spoiled -- the award and the recs and the reviews and the story Madi wrote for me.  There's so much love, I don't know what to do with it all.  And it's OCTOBER! ❤️ :D I'm just going to frolic :bliss: .

@adorably cute Welcome to the madness crew! We'll get you added into the PM and the DM and get you all sorted out soon! 

23 minutes ago, abhorsen. said:

Something wicked this way comes...

It's the Halloween season, and you know what that means: it's time to get spooky. :ghost: For this event, though, you'll need to put your quills down - you'll want to be as alert as possible for this, because one wrong step could lead you to your doom... and once you start an adventure, there are so many things that could go dreadfully wrong. :laughingpumpkin:

I'M SO EXCITED I CANNOT BREATHE. DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM! \O/

@Aphoride Laura, you beautiful person! Congratulations on Head Student!  @MadiMalfoy Yesss! Go, Madi, go! Congrats! ❤️

@Unwritten Curse Congrats on your OoM and SotM! Well deserved on all levels! 

Congratulations to everyone and Happy Birthday to all the October babies -- you're the best babies, being born in the best month and all. ❤️ 

Have a Happy October everyone! \O/ Be spooky! Take romantic strolls in the cemeteries and decorate the lawn with scary ish! Scare the neighborhood kids ❤️ .   

...I'm just going to go now... O/

• Like 6

ShadowRose

@adorably cute to quote deni, "we've got a Sarah"!!!! :hug: welcome to the Gryffie prefect team (and to the prefect team as a whole, obviously)! :loveshower:

@Rumpelstiltskin, you truly deserve this TOAD for dealing with our numerous moments of panic and talking us all down when we started to collectively lose it a little 😅 as someone who had to scroll through the past two weeks' worth of our group messages for the judge's comments section, i can truly say that you were so instrumental in making sure that this opener didn't blow up in our faces on multiple occasions 😂

@Aphoride and @MadiMalfoy , congrats to you both on Head Student - it's so well-deserved! :wub:

@Unwritten Curse congratulations on the Order of Merlin!! you've been absolutely killing it with Printed with Pride these past few months 🦁❤️

@abhorsen. these graphics are amazing!! i'm pretty sure my jaw physically dropped when you posted the header on tda. thank you for putting this together!

i am... simultaneously excited about this next house cup event (i get to participate this time instead of running it!! woo!!), and slightly terrified. between this teaser and @TidalDragon 's eerie gifs in the gryffie CR, i am sufficiently spooked. :shockedpumpkin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sleepingbagonthesofa

To quote Taylor quoting me, WE'VE GOT A SARAH!! @adorably cute welcome to the team!! 😍

Congratulations to the amazing Head Students Laura and Madi! @Aphoride @MadiMalfoy you've both been incredible this month and Madi, we couldn't have done the opener without all of your hard work 💕

@Unwritten Curse Gina you have been an incredible staffer both in and out of the Gryffie CR. OoM is so well deserved, as is SotM! 

Well done to all of this months featured stories and @abhorsen. as always this is another stunning bulliten!! 😍 Thank you to everyone who put this together. 

@Rumpelstiltskin a TOAD is not enough for the amount of freak outs you had to deal with. Care of Panicking Prefects sums up your job title very very well 😋 you're the best.

Lastly, to everyone who joined in with out first ever event I just need so say thank you and i hope you had as much fun playing as we did planning. Seeing you all battle over hangman or run around giving gifts was better than we could have imagined! :grouphug:

• Like 4

Recent Badges

starbuck
Posted (edited)

ayy, congrats to everyone who got promoted and featured! :loveshower: all these promos and awards are so well deserved and you guys are all awesome :grouphug: 

i can't wait for the haunted house HC thingie!!

Edited by starbuck
  • Like 3

you-make-me-wander

Loved the new bulletin, guys! And thank you for including my birthday 🤗

Can't wait to find out what's coming for Halloween. It's my absolute favourite time of the year so I'm really excited to see what you've come up with 👻

1140254828_HPFTymmwsignature.jpg.2aefec1a7687c56f33feb17b539f7426.jpg

• Like 3

Recent Badges

adorably cute

I'm so excited to join the amazing prefect team! You all just put on an awesome opener and I can't wait to join this incredible team! 😁

@abhorsen. these graphics are beautiful! I love the spooky feel to them, so perfect for October!

@Aphoride and @MadiMalfoy Congrats to you both on Head Student this month! It's so well deserving for two wonderful humans! Congrats to @Unwritten Curse on Order of Merlin also! Gina, you truly are the Queen of Gryffindor, a rock star and incredible presence all around, and I can think of no one more deserving of this award!

Excited about the Halloween event, but definitely slightly terrified from this cryptic clue! (Please no riddles)

• Like 3

esmeraude

Ahhhhh I'm so excited! I wish I could congratulate everyone individually but I'm too nervous about accidentally forgetting someone so here's congratulations and hugs for you all because every award is absolutely deserved! :clapping: :hug::grouphug::bighug::loveshower:

Also, I'm so excited for the Haunted House event! It's been so long since I've been able to join in properly with HC events so I'm thrilled! :excited: (And a little bit scared.) :couch:

• Like 4

Ineke
20 minutes ago, you-make-me-wander said:

Loved the new bulletin, guys! And thank you for including my birthday 🤗

No problem >D

8 minutes ago, adorably cute said:

Excited about the Halloween event, but definitely slightly terrified from this cryptic clue! (Please no riddles)

:shifty: You'll find out soon :shifty:

Also I am loving the bulletin and the graphics they are so gorgeous oh my god

• Like 5

Aphoride

Ahhhh my god thank you so much :$:wub::hug:All my ghosting paid off :P:P No, seriously, thank you guys - it was such a lovely thing to get :wub: 

Super congratulations to everyone else who was featured, including my lovely Claw co-Head Student, @MadiMalfoy Every award was so well deserved ❤️❤️❤️ 

Branwen, the header/awards/everything is just so beautiful. I don't know how you do it time after time after time... it's an incredible gift. 

I'm so excited and so curious about this next event... (though yes, please no riddles. Please? >.<) 

• Like 3

Unwritten Curse

My computer is not letting me tag people right now, so please excuse my lack of tags.

Branwen, the graphics are STUNNING. :wub:

Sarah, welcome to the team! I am so excited that you're stepping up as Prefect!

Congratulations to our Head Students and to Rumpels for the much-deserved award!

And THANK YOU for the OoM and SoM awards! I about fainted when I saw my name up there. I love my Lions a whole lot and I'm so happy to be bringing the newsletter back for all of you to enjoy, so to get this award is just... *melts to a puddle* Just thank you. :grouphug:

• Like 4

MadiMalfoy
Posted (edited)

OMG guys I don't even know what to say, there are SO MANY amazing things in this bulletin!

@Unwritten Curse, congratulations on your Order of Merlin, it's very well deserved! ^_^ 

@Aphoride, you're an amazing Claw and totally live up to Head Student also ❤️ 

@Rumpelstiltskin you do such a great job wrangling all of us Prefects which is why you are Head Prefect and also our Hagrid ❤️❤️❤️ 

@starbuck it was such a pleasure getting to share Fic Night with you, even though you couldn't join us live :D 

@Chemical_Pixie, welcome to the team! :hug:

To anyone I've forgotten congrats on a great month and I look forward to this upcoming spooky event! :grinningpumpkin:

Edited by MadiMalfoy
  • Like 2

facingthenorthwind

Oh my goodness, what a bulletin!!!! First off, Branwen those graphics are GORGEOUS. :wub:

@adorably cute Welcome to the team! We've already added you to all the group thingos, but if you have any prefecty questions I am always around. ^_^ As are the rest of us, obviously. 

@Aphoride @MadiMalfoy Look at us with our 2X RAVENCLAW COMBO for Head Student!!!! It's so well deserved for both of you. ❤️ You're both such legends, especially you Madi because you remember to do all the prefect duties that I forget :P 

@Rumpelstiltskin Did you forget about your TOAD? Or did we never tell you in the first place? I forget whether we were capable of keeping it a secret or not, but anyway, CONGRATULATIONS. You deserve it! You are the best Head Prefect we could ever ask for and are a universal constant. Ye, verily, at the end of the world there will be Rumpelstiltskin and she will be posting the checklist for the next month's In the Spotlight, tragically cancelled by the heat death of the universe.

Congratulations to everyone else as well!!!! The House Cup news is ominous, as it always is, but... I'm trying not to think about it too much. :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Lady Ausra

I'm hardly going to be original by saying this, but those graphic are BEAUTIFUL and I love them, Branwen.  :loveshower:

Congrats to everyone who got promoted, featured, and awarded, and good luck to all of the houses in the haunted house event!

• Like 3

Recent Badges

Renacerá

Branwen. Literally how. Every month you make the most stunning graphics. :wub:  I love them.

Congratulations to all who were recognized!

I'm looking forward to you all finding out about our secret October event. :shifty:

• Like 5

Nix

Congrats to everyone! And Welcome again, Sarah, to the prefect team! Thank you so much for the featured fic! I was really surprised to see my name listed among the stories. This was a beautiful bulletin and the graphics are absolutely gorgeous! 

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.