News Ticker

Original Fiction First Liners

Shadowkat678

So I wrote these up yesterday, and thought it would be cool to make a kickstart topic for here. Feel free to share your own.

1. “It was a dark and stormy night…and yes, I know that’s cliché, but it really was this time. It was also winter, and that rain was cold. Anyway, this was not a good night for me. What happened next didn't make it any better.”

2. “I’ve never liked reality television. After all, when was the last time it ever mirrored reality? Never. If it did things would be a little bit different right about now.”

3. “They say everything in life depends on how you choose to see it. Right now, all I’m seeing is big pile of trash.”

4. “Counting sheep sounds way better than counting angry dragons.”

5. “Of course this is how I’ll die. Everyone else will have cool stories, and I’m going to be here like: “Oh, I just slipped in the shower.” Anticlimactic much?”

6. “Everyone loves the heroes…unless you’re the one whose car they just threw. Seriously though. I’m about ready to just start cheering on the villain. That's the third time this year.”

7. “When it comes to life and death, anyone who values nobility over not getting their head chopped off needs to rethink their priorities. I was entirely justified in what I did.”

8. “Turns out sugar really is bad for you, but I don’t think a trip to the dentist will fix this mess. I just wanted some candy. Is that too much to ask for?”

9."Don’t mind me. I’m just about to get eaten because my shoe order ended up being a size too big. Never trust eBay.”

10. “I’m a realistic optimist. Optimistic enough to realize things can usually be improved, and realistic enough to know this is not one of those times.”

Thoughts? Additions? Join in!