Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!
Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!
Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.
News Ticker
  • See the May Bulletin for archive rule/advisory changes.
  • See our badges forum for more details about our new badges system!
  • The Review Transfer Tool is now ready for use.
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

May Bulletin   05/01/2018

May's bulletin is up, with all kinds of interesting information (including a tool to mass transfer all reviews you received on HPFF to HPFT's archive). You can check it out +here.
    • toomanycurls

Annual Member Survey   05/09/2018

Please take a moment to fill out the annual member survey before May 31st.  
Sign in to follow this  
UnluckyStar57

Percy Weasley/Oliver Wood

UnluckyStar57

Brains+brawn, anyone?

To be honest, this is a ship that I started loving one day last year, and I never really stopped. I think that Percy and Oliver, as mismatched as they are, would be  a really dynamic ship.

Picture this: Seventh year Gryffindor boys' dorm. It's only the first day back, and Oliver already resents the way Percy polishes his Head Boy badge. But he can't help but notice that Percy has gotten new glasses and his hair has grown out a bit, and it suits him?

Fast forward to the first Gryffindor Quidditch match of the year. Percy wakes up just as Oliver walks out of the showers, sans his shirt. Suddenly, Percy feels like his face is on fire and he thinks that Oliver must be breaking some obscure Hogwarts rule, walking around with abs like that. Oliver greets him with a casual "Good morning," and Percy only just manages to choke out a "Good luck in the match today."

And then somehow they end up together by the end of their seventh year. Or that's my headcanon, anyway.

FireOpal

I've seen this ship around for a long time and always felt it was a result of 'the internet loves slash' + 'they're the only two named Gryffindors in their year' and I didn't really see the appeal. I just saw them as too different as people (plus we never really see them interacting in Canon) and tended to go to either Dean/Seamus or Ernie/Justin for my Hogwarts student slash needs.

But now I've recently written three stories exploring different ways that these two characters could get together and I have to admit I have a soft spot for the pairing now. Maybe not enough to say that I ship it, but I see the appeal, at least. Especially since I realised how similar Percy and Oliver really are in their intense ambitions - their ambitions are just directed differently. I think they could play off each other really well. Brains and brawn, as you say. : )

ImaRavenclaw

I've wanted to get into this ship, but I can't find the right stories to do so. The fact that there's no Percy/Oliver in 'Recommendations By Ship' is kind of ruining my life right now. I just really need to find the right place to hop aboard, because I do not swim well in cold water!

I think it's really something that would work, but there would be one huge tension: Oliver wanting to tell everyone, but Percy sulking in the back of the closet in a puddle of shame (almost as if embarrassed about it). That's my headcanon at least...

Dojh167

WAIT, I HAVEN'T POSTED HERE?

I am not generally a huge shipper (except that everything is better when femslash, duh) but Percy/Oliver is definite OTP status for me.

I really love these two individually, and their similarities and differences are really engaging to me. They are essentially the two most intense students we see, devoted heart and soul and beyond to their preferred areas. They are obsessive and unwavering. It's very much "an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object."

I see there being a lot of conflict between them early in their relationship (and before. Eternally butting heads in the dormitory, Oliver's training rituals vs Percy's study rituals. Every other student in the dorm would have found a way to move somewhere else to sleep, but Oliver and Percy would be too stubborn to give the other that satisfaction). But I also think that as they mature, these things would bring them together. Nobody else approaches things as intensely as they do, so they would find a lot of common ground and appreciation there. Neither of them would ever have to worry about getting too excited or ridiculously in depth about a subject he cares about, because that's just what they do. I also think it would do them both good to have a partner from a different world from themselves/their interests.

Oliver wanting to tell everyone, but Percy sulking in the back of the closet in a puddle of shame (almost as if embarrassed about it). That's my headcanon at least...

That may or may not be highly relevant to the story I'm supposedly supposed to be writing

just.a.willow.tree

So everything about this ship makes me really happy! I can also imagine Percy having this wry sense of humor that easily balances out whatever Quidditch-related anger issues Oliver's having lol.

On 6/23/2017 at 1:07 AM, Dojh167 said:

That may or may not be highly relevant to the story I'm supposedly supposed to be writing

Sam you posted this almost a year ago and where is the story

• Sad 1

Sign in to follow this