HPFanficTalk
MadiMalfoy

MadiMalfoy's Reviews

Hi and welcome to my review thread! Just a few things for you all before you request a review from me:

Things I will review:

• Any genre/era
  • Stories that focus on minor characters (HP or The 100)
  • Most ships except for a select few that I'll mention below
  • Slash ships (HP, The 100, Merlin)
  • Draco/Hermione, Harry/Hermione, Bellamy/Clarke are my faves
  • I can review on HPFF, HPFT, AO3, and FFN but prefer HP, The 100, Merlin, & Doctor Who world-centered stories

Things I will not review:

• Stories focusing on Ron/Hermione, Snape/Lily, or adult/minor relationships
  • Teenage pregancy
  • Anything above a Mature/Adult rating
  • Crossovers unless I know the fandom - PM and we can discuss it

Turn around time is expected to be between 2-3 weeks but please PM if it's been longer than that.

Please use the form below to request reviews:

Author Name:

Story Title and Link:

Warnings and Advisories:

Genre:

Length:

Summary:

Ships:

Areas of Concern:

For chapter re-requests please use this form:

Author Name:

Story Title and Link:

Warnings and Advisories:

Length:

Areas of Concern:

I will have 3 slots open at a time. Request away! :)

Madi! My darling Madi! Please throw me some of your love??

Author Name: Kittenshift17

Story Title and link: Addicted to You (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Some naughty words and a darker plot towards the end. It's rated M, but only for the language and dark themes

Genre:Romance/Supernatural

Length: Currently 13k+ words and 3 chapters (if you're feeling up to it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on all three)

Summary: An act of kismet whilst herb gathering sees Hermione interacting with an unknown werewolf. When he bites her while she is in her animagus form, he sets into motion a twisted destiny that binds them together as mates. With Remus and Sirius there to help her through, Hermione's biggest worry is finding out the identity of the werewolf who marked her. HG/DM

Ships:Draco Malfoy/ Hermione Granger

Areas of Concern: Britpicking. Typos. Plot structure. Glaring holes that need to be plugged. Whtever you spot that needs work  :D

Hey Madi, I don't know if Louis Weasley is a minor character in your book, but I thought you might want to give this a shot!

Author Name: ImaRavenclaw

Story Title and link: I'll Take the Long Way and it Better Be Worth It (M) here!

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a mild sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme

Genre: Angst, LGBTQA, Young Adult

Length: WIP, 1358 words.

Summary: I am not prepared for anything that's happening in my life right now. Quidditch had been a bust, so now I'm back and home with my family. I'm looking for my own place, the only problem is I don't have money for my own place. I don't have a girlfriend, I've never really liked girls much anyway. And I, Louis Weasley, have absolutely no plan.

Ships: Louis Weasley/OC

Areas of Concern: Grammar, punctuation, characterization, and overall flow of the story!

Thank you  ;)!

EDIT: Please try to insert the proper formatting of the form for ease of viewing by the reviewer :)

Author Name: beyond the rain

Story Title and link: Storge(15+)

Warnings and Advisories: 15+ sensitive topics

Genre angst, drama, dark/horror(sort of)

Length: 1594

Summary:

Storge:  "natural affection...also known to express mere acceptance or putting up with situations, as in loving the tyrant"

Ships: albus/gellert if you squint

Areas of Concern: writing style & flow. I've written it fairly disjointed as it's in 1st person (which I've never done before) and Ariana's gone mad at this point. I want to know if it works or not, or if it's too broken up to follow properly. I'm also concerned about characterisation as I've never written Ariana Dumbledore before.

Thank you so much for this!

Story and Author Name, including link: Ao3 | ff.net (M) | mercurial eyes and falling stars | rosehedwig243

Warnings and Advisories: Sensitive topic/issue/theme - mentions of suicide

Genre: Romance/Drama/Angst

Length: Chapter 1 is 686, will be a short story

Summary:

all I wanted to do was fall like a dying star. but those eyes stopped me.

Ships: Dramione

Areas of Concern: Grammar and the style of writing, does it fit the mood of the story.

I finally got around to cleaning this out! ALL slots open!!!

Slots:

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

May I request, pretty please? 

Story and Author name, including RATED link:

Author:  LunaStellaCat

Story Link:  The Receipt Book

Warnings and Advisories:  Mature Rating, Sexual Content, Violence, Character Death

Length: 4000 Words

Areas of Concern:  I would like you to read the revised version of chapter one, as I edited the whole thing and pieced it back together.  We edited parts and shifted the plot.  You don’t have to review the first one if you'd rather not; I only ask you to read it to understand what’s going on. 

Hey Madi! I'm here to request for an OF!

Author Name: BlackPixie

Story Title and link: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, He Loves Me? (Teen rating)

Warnings and Advisories: Minor Substance Use

Genre: Drama, Angst, Romance

Length: Chapter 1 is 301 words, with only 1-2 chapters more.

Summary:

Some prom kisses are meant to be. I don't know about ours yet.

For abhorsen.'s "TV Tropes Challenge", with the trope 'It Doesn't Mean Anything"

Dedicated to all teenagers.

Ships: OC/OC

Areas of Concern: Britpicking, can you easily identify the two male characters (they arent referenced by name at all), story flow, does the story style fit the mood and of course grammar.

All slots open! Spring break is in two weeks so I should get around to these quicker than usual :)

Slots:

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Acting Minister by LunaStellaCat Rated (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Rated (M) Sexual Content Self Harm (?)

Genre/Era:  Romance/Drama Next Generation or Second Wizarding War

Length: 8500 Words

Summary:The first few days are always the hardest ones.

Ships:Kingsley Shacklebolt/OC, Penelope Clearwater

Areas of Concern:My first attempt at a political drama when I thought of an Eleanor Roosevelt/ Judy Smith example. Are the characters realistic?  Is the idea plausible?  Anything, really.

Hi  :) do you have an open slot for me? ;)

I have two one-shots I would love to get some feedback on - quite different the two, so I thought to leave the choice up to you. I'm pretty sure the first is the one that falls into minor characters...

Author Name: DossyVilja

Story Title and link: Prophecy Misinterpreted

http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?chapterid=526868

Warnings and Advisories: 12+

Genre: General, Mystery, Action/Adventure

Length: 2760 words

Summary: This story unfolds around a prophecy by Cassandra Vablatsky in the 1960s, warning about the rise of a Dark Lord. Action is taken by the actual Minister for Magic, however by the end of the story we all realize that the warning was deadly misinterpreted.

Ships: None

Areas of Concern: This is my first ever fanfic, and I am eager to hear any feedback. (Plus I'm not native in English, so I'm extra worried how well the whole thing reads...)

Author Name: DossyVilja

Story Title and link: Play harmless

http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?chapterid=527023

Warnings and Advisories: 12+

Genre: General, Romance

Length: 900 words

Summary: Two minutes is a long time for reflections.

Ships: Hannah Abbott − Neville Longbottom

Areas of Concern: Shortly after my first ff, my first time writing romance - any comments welcome. I also intended both stores to be consistent with canon, so any anomalies spotted in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU so much! Can't wait to read your opinion :)

Hello again, I'm back into the swing of things for summertime! All slots are once again open!

Slots:

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

Hi :) Can I come back here with another request? <3

I have a story I wrote for a task in the maze, and although everything was quite rushed then, I kind of liked the idea by the end, and would like to edit this one-shot to a decent piece.

Title: Two Broomriders’ Guide to the Moon. A Trilogy in Four Parts

Link: HPFT (T)

Words: 1213

Genere: Fluff, Adventure

Concerns: Does this make sense at all? Our task was to write in a setting outside Earth - I'm concerned that this is all very OOC. As this was for an Astronomy exam, I played a little with physics equations for naming the titles, is that in place, or shall I remove that with the edit. And in general, what do you think?

Thank you so much!

Of course! I'll get to it next week. :)

Slots

1. Vilja

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

May I make a request here?  It's hard to find people willing to read a Merlin story.

Author Name: 1917farmgirl

Story Title and Link: Silence Cuts Loudest Through the Chaos - http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=1233

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse (Arranged Marriage), Slavery, Violence 

Genre: Action/Adventure, Angst, Hurt/Comfort

Length: 11 chapters, 29570 words so far

Summary: Kidnapped by a mad king, Arthur and Merlin must rely on each other like never before. While Arthur struggles with choices that put his heart and duty at odds, Merlin struggles just to stay alive after being stripped of his magic and freedom. With impossible choices and heavy secrets weighing them down, can they manage to escape before all is lost? (Lots of bromance.)

Ships: Arthur/Gwen

Areas of Concern: Really just wondering what people think. :)

Thanks a ton!

Posted (edited)

I'd like to request if you have time! Thank you :)

Author Name: mymischiefmanaged

Story Title and Link: Long Live the Queen (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Mature. Contains profanity, violence, scenes of a sexual nature, substance abuse, sensitive topic

Length: currently 13 chapters, each chapter is usually under 4000 words

Areas of Concern: What do you think of the characters and is it interesting? Is there anything about the writing style that you'd change?

Thanks so much! Emma x 

Edited by LadyL8

Hello guys! Back again, but I have a big exam this week, so it'll be a couple weeks until I get to the next couple. Two slots open!!

Slots:

1. mymischiefmanaged

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

All slots are open again! Just a reminder, if you'd like me to read a couple chapters at a time of your story, please mention that in your post, otherwise I'll stick to my one chapter per request rule. Thanks peeps! Happy October :cauldron:

Slots:

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

UA-79258518-1