News Ticker

Felpata_Lupin's reviews

Felpata_Lupin

No worries, Jenn. I probably would have taken a while anyway... Let me know when the edited version is up!

Love,

Chiara

• 1 month later...

Hello, lovely people! :wub:

Just a quick reminder that all slots are opened here, so if you are looking for some love for your stories feel free to drop a request! :loveshower:

:freeze::grouphug:

So this is neither Marauders nor light-hearted, so please feel free to skip it if it's not your thing!

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: The Only Honest Color (M) by Beeezie
Warnings and Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Angst, Dark/Horror, Drama
Length: 2806 words (complete)
Ships: Astoria/Draco (ish)
Summary: I don’t really know how I got to the point where I was entirely too drunk and alone in a Death Eater’s flat with him, but there is is.
Areas of Concern: So I'm caught between being proud of this and totally second guessing it, especially when it comes to description, so I'd love your thoughts on it? <3

Hi! :)

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: War Stories: china doll (M) by endless_dreamer (on AO3)
Warnings and Advisories: Violence
Genre: Angst, General, Drama 
Length: 3,800 words 
Ships: None 
Summary: You were once a delicate China doll, but now you're cracked and broken. 
Areas of Concern: Well, sort of the whole thing? The structure of this fic is a little unconventional and well, I'm just craving general feedback on if it's meaning is clear, or if it feels too disjointed. 

This is in the queue at the HPFT archives and at HPFF, but I already posted it on AO3 and FF.net. If you'd like to wait to review until it's on HPFT/HPFF,  that's fine with me! :) Thanks in advance! <3 

Story and Author Name, including RATED link:Fight or Flight (M)

Warnings and Advisories:Violence, Hate Speech, Sexual Situations 

Genre:Drama 

Length: 4400 Words

Ships: Rolf Scamander and Luna Lovegood and Charlie Weasley & Rolf Scamander

Summary: Rolf Scamander makes a mistake and turns his back.  

Areas of Concern: Plot, Characterization, Dialogue Culture, Anything.   This was written for the August Prefect Challenge.  

• 2 months later...

Hello, my loves! I'm back!

Time to send links my way! :wub:

• 1 month later...

Story and Author Name, including link: Words and Silence by Shadowkat678 (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Rated M for domestic abuse and violence. Tagged spoiler. Deals with implied PTSD and depression. 

Genre: Angst, Dark/Horror, General

Length: 2130

Summary

"They say words can't hurt you, yet they do. Like a thousand hot knives carving each letter into your slowly beating heart."

For the Phobia challenge: Monophobia, an acute fear of being alone.

Also for the Proverb Challenge: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Ships: NA

Areas of Concern: This is in second person POV present tense. I've recently edited it before putting it up on these archives, and since this is a challenging POV and tense to do, I want it checked for flow.

Story and Author Name, including link: A Christmas in Azkaban (M) by shadowkat678

Warnings and Advisories: Rated T for violence and spoilers. Deals with implied PTSD and depression. 

Genre: Angst, Dark/Horror, General

Length: 2707 words

Summary

Hope is like a flickering candle. It can be snuffed out, but it can also be relit.

The Christmas Eve before Sirius' escape, an unlikely encounter with two young Aurors drags up memories of a time thought forgotten long ago...

Ships: NA

Areas of Concern: I remember being told in one older review that I used "telling" more in this oneshot than I normally do, and was wondering if some spots could be picked out with suggestions on how to "show" more. Also, I feel like the dialogue is awkward, as short a section as it is. As that's my weakest point in writing I'm not sure how to fix it, but I'd really like some suggestions. I tried to edit it before taking it from the HPFF archives and moving it to here, but something still feels wrong.Since I'm entering this in Call For Stories, I'd like to fix anything that would sound weird read aloud if possible.

Edited by LadyL8
Added mature rating

• 2 weeks later...

@Shadowkat678 both your reviews are done :)

I want to get to 300 reviews by the end of the year, so feel free to shoot requests at me, everyone! :wub:

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: The Open Air (M) by Beeezie
Warnings and Advisories: Substance Abuse
Genre: Drama, Fluff, Romance
Length: 2362 words (complete)
Ships: Astoria/Draco
Summary: Astoria gets an unexpected birthday present from Draco Malfoy.
Areas of Concern: Yay it's a Drastoria that isn't super dark and depressed! :P

Story and Author Name: Love, Not War [M] by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings and Advisories: Hate Speech, Suicide, Violence
Genre: Angst, AU, Horror/Dark, Drama
Length: Novel (21 Chapters) WIP: 139,944 so far
Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Molly/Arthur, 
Summary: When tragedy strikes, Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision. He then hands his only son over to the Order of the Phoenix, in the hopes that they will protect him from Lord Voldemort. Now, with nowhere else to go, Draco Malfoy is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when another new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.
Areas of Concern: I'm not really sure how many chapters of this you'll wanna read right now. I just saw your comment about wanting to reach 300 reviews by the end of the year, so I thought I'd go ahead and post my Novel, lol! :P Feel free to read however much you want to though, Chiara!! Some of my chapters are shorter, and some of them are really long; I honestly need to learn better balance, haha!! xD Also, if you do like to story and would prefer to go chapter-to-chapter, just let me know and I would be happy to come back and re-request after the first of the year!! :thumbsup: Thank you so much for the offer hun, I hope you like it!!

@abhorsen. your review is done! :wub: Such an adorable story, btw!

@RoxiMalfoy I think I will read 3 or 4 chapters, but not tonight, I'm too tired... probably on Friday evening... the summary sounds interesting, anyway ;)

Thank you both for your requests! :freeze::grouphug:

Edited by Felpata_Lupin
  • Thanks 1

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: untrue, untrue (M) by justawillowtree
Warnings and Advisories: hate speech
Genre: angst, general
Length: 676 words
Ships: n/a
Summary: She wasn't.
Areas of Concern: I just want to know what you think! :P Feel free to take your time with this one. <3

Edited by just.a.willow.tree

Hi, Chiara! :) I'm trying to kick myself back into gear with this one, so if you're up for reviewing, feel free to go for one (or all) of these chapters :) No worries if you just wanna do one, though - I can come back ;)

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Imperium (M) by Aphoride
Warnings and Advisories: Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Angst, Dark/Horror, Drama, Crime/Mystery
Length: 3 chapters, ~13k total; roughly 4k per chapter
Ships: Tom Riddle/Cygnus Black, Eileen Prince/spoilers, Eileen Prince/Tobias Snape (eventual), others
Summary: Men become accustomed to poison by degrees - Victor Hugo

It is October 1949: Lycus Malfoy is dying, quarantined in his house alone but for his wife, Adelaide, who still hopes there is a miracle cure; Eileen Prince has vanished into a Muggle life, washing the dead and arranging flowers, away from the sneers she endured at school; Cygnus and Orion Black are at war with each other even as they bury their secrets six feet deep. 

There is a murderer on the loose, shrouded in paranoia, and the old structures, things of blood and age and time, are starting to crumble. 

And a ship arrives from Lübeck bringing Tom Riddle home. 

Areas of Concern: What do you think of the plot so far? Does it make sense, do you have questions? How does the structure work for you - with the four different sections each chapter, each following a different character? What do you think of the writing in general - is it too slow or too heavy? What do you think of the characters - is Tom in character? How do you like the others, Cygnus and Adelaide and Eileen? 

Thank you so much! :) Good luck with your 300 goal! 

Left at least one review for all of you! And I've reached and surpassed my 300 reviews' goal! :D

Thank you all for requesting! :wub:

@Aphoride I will be back soon. Possibly I will r&r one or two more chapters for @RoxiMalfoy as well. ;)

All slots open for anyone who wants love on their stories!

• Thanks 2

Hi!  I want some love.  :)

Author Name: pixileanin

Story Title and link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/10723566/chapters/23761107 Harry Potter and the New Centenials(General Audiences)

Warnings and Advisories: none

Genre: general, future times

Length: 2118 (WIP)

Characters: OCs for now, and canon characters in later chapters

Ships: none

Summary: 

Harry Potter is dead, and all of magic has died with him. Now, hundreds of years in the future, a new magic emerges within three kids who live in a tech-obsessed world that won't accept what it cannot explain.

If Zedt, Faun and Gideon have any hope in bringing magic back to life, they're going to need all the help they can get.

This is a long-standing WIP.  I was hoping for a fresh set of eyes to tell me if it grabs interest and suggestions for maintaining interest... as in... what would you like to see next, and what particular points are the MOST attention grabbing... on the converse, I'd also love to hear about the points that are the LEAST attention grabbing.  :)

Thanks for your time!

Hellooo I'm interested in your reviews because I've heard that you give lovely reviews! (Congrats on your best reviewer nomination!)

Author Name: hasane

Story Title and link: Miracle (here! M)

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, violence, scenes of sexual nature (the latter is mild as of now and the violence is because I needed it for the premise of the story in the beginning)

Genre: romance, humor, angst

Length: if you read the first chapter it is 3,826 words

Characters: OCs, canon next gen characters

Ships: Albus/OC (eventually), Scorpius/OC

Summary: She was told it was a miracle, but it was more akin to a curse, if one looks at how much she lost. 

Or alternatively: What would happen if a wizard gave a muggle a blood transfusion?

@Pixileanin your review is done! :wub: (Sorry it took me so long, it's been a hectic week... :rose:)

@sunshine_locks I will get back to you as soon as I manage. I'm super curious, the summary sounds so interesting... :wub:

@sunshine_locks I've reviewed a couple of chapters for you, please feel free to re-request if you like! :)

All slots are open again :greenstars:

Story and Author Name: Love, Not War [M] by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings and Advisories: Hate Speech, Suicide, Violence
Genre: Angst, AU, Horror/Dark, Drama
Length: Novel (21 Chapters) WIP: 139,944 so far
Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Molly/Arthur, 
Summary: When tragedy strikes, Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision. He then hands his only son over to the Order of the Phoenix, in the hopes that they will protect him from Lord Voldemort. Now, with nowhere else to go, Draco Malfoy is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when another new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.
Areas of Concern: Would you mind R&R'ing a few more chapters of LNW for me, Chiara? I don't mind you doing however many chapters you'd like. Your reviews are always so lovely!! ^_^ I believe you left of on #4: Unexpected Visitors. Thank you so much hun!! :hug:  

hey, i'm back to ask you if you could read the last two chapters of Miracle? 

Author Name: hasane

Story Title and link: Miracle (here! M)

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, violence, scenes of sexual nature (the latter is mild as of now and the violence is because I needed it for the premise of the story in the beginning)

Genre: romance, humor, angst

Length: chapters 3 and 4: 9,064 words

Characters: OCs, canon next gen characters

Ships: Albus/OC (eventually), Scorpius/OC

Summary: She was told it was a miracle, but it was more akin to a curse, if one looks at how much she lost. 

Or alternatively: What would happen if a wizard gave a muggle a blood transfusion?

All done! (Finally... sorry again for having you wait... :couch:)

I'm going to get a little break from here, so I can prioritize reading for the FROGS. I will be back once voting is over. ;)

:freeze::grouphug:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my loves! :wub:

Guess I'm going to reopen this a bit earlier than I thought (I probably won't make much more progresses with FROGS anyway... :couch:)

Throw those links in, people! :D