News Ticker

Felpata_Lupin's reviews

Felpata_Lupin

Hi Chiara! <3

Story and Author Name, including link: five lives (M) by justawillowtree

Warnings and Advisories: hate speech, sexual assault, violence

Genre: general

Length: ~6800

Summary: Four lives Astoria saved. And then the fifth.

Ships: n/a

Areas of Concern (if any): I just want to know what you think! Maybe about Astoria's characterization, or the different ways she saves them, or if Astoria is actually clever or if I wrote really dumb scenarios that anyone could come up with. :P I'm mostly concerned about the fifth life, which is where the advisories really start coming in. Concrit would be super appreciated! Thank you so much <3

• Like 1

Eva, your review is done! And I loved the story, it was stunning! :wub:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, my loves! :wub:

Just bumping this thread up since it's been silent for so long... send me your stories to love!!! :hug:

May I? I'm in need of new perspective!

Story and Author Name, including link: Heaven Can Wait(M) (HPFF link) by Pen2Paper

Warnings and Advisories: Profanity, Mild Violence, Substance Use

Genre: Romance/ Drama (Pre First Wizarding War)

Length: 8 Chapters , Ch1 5576 words

Summary:

"Mudblood" 

The word hung in the air for a long moment. No one who heard it knew the full gravity of it. They knew what it meant, sure. But why was it said? What happened next? ...

The story of how Lily and James and their friends grew into the people we remember from the books.

Ships: Lily/James 

Areas of Concern (if any): Yay for marauder lovers! It's been a while since I've left on hiatus leaving this story unfinished. But I'm back and I'm trying to get back into the plot. I'd like to know if it's interesting enough to keep reading, do you feel like going on to the next chapter. How's the characterization? :)  I've been editing most of the chapters, because some lines felt flat but I've tried not to disturb the original writing too much that it becomes unrecognisable. Anyway  knowing how you feel about the story and characters would be a big help! Thanks in advance !! <3

@Pen2Paper your review is done :wub: (on HPFF, is your story on HPFT, too? I can crosspost the review, if you want)

@victoria_anne  I will get to yours tomorrow, B... I'm too tired right now... can't wait, though, I miss Finn and Brindley! :wub:

• Thanks 1

And also @victoria_anne's review is done! :D (it's probably more of an incoherent rambling than a review, stilll...)

All slots open again! :greenstars:

Back again!!! I absolutely loved your review! Hope you don't mind...

Story and Author Name, including link: Heaven Can Wait(M) (HPFF link) by Pen2Paper

Warnings and Advisories: Profanity, Mild Violence, Substance Use

Genre: Romance/ Drama (Pre First Wizarding War)

Length: 8 Chapters , Ch2 6903 words

Summary:

"It was not your fault! I’m afraid he just was his worst self that day.” She said calmly taking another sip from her mug. 

“Yeah, but so was I...” I said thoughtfully

Ships: Lily/James 

Areas of Concern (if any): New POV, do tell me how you like the characterization! And you love Marauders so please do tell me how you think of the story progression and if you like it so far and think its interest. Gah! Tell me anything you feel like about the chapter! I can't wait to hear more :)

heya! i've got a new chapter out, and i'd love some feedback! 

Story Title and author name, including link: Miracle (here! M) by Hasane

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, violence, scenes of sexual nature (the latter is nonexistent as of now and the violence is because I needed it for the premise of the story in the beginning)

Genre: romance, humor, angst

Length: chapter 5, 3,336

Summary: She was told it was a miracle, but it was more akin to a curse, if one looks at how much she lost. 

Or alternatively: What would happen if a wizard gave a muggle a blood transfusion?

Ships: Albus/OC (eventually), Scorpius/OC

Areas of Concern: Mostly just coherency, grammar, and such. It makes sense to my eyes, but I've read it a thousand times so. 

@Pen2Paper  your review is done! :wub:  (sorry for the wait)

@sunshine_locks  I will get to yours as soon as I manage, by the end of the week in any case. :rose:

• Like 1

Hey, Chiara!

Story and Author Name, including link: Haunting Shadows (M) by dreamgazer220
Warnings and Advisories: eating disorders, sexual content, substance abuse, violence || anxiety, depression, PTSD
Genre: angst, crime/mystery, drama, hurt/comfort, romance
Length: chapter 14 is 4262 words
Summary: Wasn’t the best place to start the beginning? If he was going to be my friend, he needed to know why Chris’ death was affecting me the way that it was.  And the only way to do that was to go back to the very beginning.

trigger warning: anxiety

Ships: Fred Weasley I/OC, OC/OC
Areas of Concern: As always, your general thoughts on: characterization, flow, tension. Also for this chapter, I'm wondering if it's too slow or too much of an information dump? Is it relevant enough or does it seem too filler? Also: your thoughts on Fred's reactions / how he responds to Cate / their relationship in general.

sorry for any wonky formatting, I’m on phone at the moment. Thanks! ❤️

@dreamgazer220  and your review is done, too! (I realized too late that I hadn't payed attention to your areas of concern at all... sorry... :rose:)

I'm planning to change a bit the rules of this thread, primarily I'm planning to remove the limit of two slots at a time (will have the first post edited asap)

In the meantime, request away, my loves! :wub:

• 1 month later...

Story and Author Name, including link: Miracle (M) 

Warnings and Advisories: Hate Speech, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre: romance, humor, angst

Length: 4,371 (chapter 6)

Summary: She was told it was a miracle, but it was more akin to a curse, if one looked at how much she lost. 

Or alternatively: What would happen if a wizard gave a muggle a blood transfusion?

Ships: Albus Potter/OC, minor Scorpius Malfoy/OC

Areas of Concern: continuity, grammar, flow, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this up since it's been too quiet for too long... Send me your request, my loves! Help me reach review Alum! :P

I've got a 4 chapter thing.  Wanna see it?

Coffee and Curse-Breakers (M) by Pixileanin

Self-Harm, Slavery, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence

Action/Adventure, AU, Crime/Mystery, Hurt/Comfort

22K (4 chapters)

Then she saw it.  Two broken, wavy lines across the top of his wrist, not pink from the coffee spill, but actually glowing from under his skin.  At the same time, she felt her own wrist burn like it never had before.  The marks were shockingly familiar, like the underside of her own arm. They matched hers.  

No.  It couldn’t be this man.  There had to be some mistake.

Tonks/Bill W

It's new.  I'm insecure.  Also, concrit away.  I'm always trying to make stuff better, and I wrote this REALLY FAST.

Thanks,

Pix

@Pixileanin I've reviewed the first chapter and I've loved it! :wub: I will be back to read on soon (but right now I should really go to sleep, sorry...)

• Like 1

Story and Author Name, including link: Everything by abhorsen 

Warnings and Advisories: None

Genre: Fluff, General

Length: 436 words (one-shot)

Summary: The wind is everything, and while she feels it whipping against her face, so is she.

Ships: OC/OC

Areas of Concern: So recent events in my life have led me to feel like expanding on this very loosely connected group of stories might be a thing I want to do... so I'd like thoughts on them? :P

Thank you! :hug:

Hi, @Felpata_Lupin ! If you have the time/energy/interest,  I would love some feedback on the beginning of my Charlie Weasley/OC series. It's still sitting in the validation queue on HPFT but I have it published on AO3. I would love it if reviews could be cross-posted at some point once HPFT validates it, but we can cross that bridge later. :) 

Story and Author Name, including ink: Leather Wings and Scaly Things (Multi-chapter, so just quit whenever you get tired of reading, I'd be glad for whatever you're up for. ^_^)
Warnings and Advisories: Rated A (some description of kissing but no tongue involved, the description is purely sensory and not until chapter 4) ; Brief mention of depression, mention of past character death
Genre: Fluff/Romance
Length: About 12,200 total
Summary:  Charlie Weasley had pretty much resigned himself to solitude. He was content with his life, fulfilled by his work, and not particularly interested in seeking out a mate. Besides, where was he going to find someone else who shared his passion for magical creatures and would want to talk about dragons for hours on end? Right in the middle of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, as it turned out.
Ships: Charlie Weasley/Female OC; George Weasley/Angelina Johnson (background)
Areas of concern: Does it flow well? Is the speed with which the main characters become interested believable? Do the Weasley family characters feel authentic to their canon personalities? Also any general concrit you would like to give would be spectacular.

Thank you so much!

Hey @Felpata_Lupin If it's okay could I jump in and ask for some feedback?

Story and Author Name, including link: Yaxley (M)

Warnings and Advisories:  Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst

Length: Novel, roughly 16000 Words so far. (Read as much or as little as you like.)

Summary: Caught between a family one one side and sympathies with the other, Cassiel Yaxley starts her seventh year at Hogwarts attacked from both sides. Haunted by dark marks and hunted by people she once called friends, the only one who could help her may be the boy she has hated for six years.

Ships: Sirius/OC, James/Lily

Areas of Concern: Plot, general flow, characterisation, anything really!

Edited by Veritaserum27
Added rating to link.

@abhorsen.  done, and it was just so lovely! :wub: 

@FoxPatronus  done the first chapter, I'm totally planning on reviewing all 5 of them, but I will need some more time... also, let me know once the story is validated on the archives and I'll definitely transfer the reviews! ;)

@Sleepingbagonthesofa  I will try to get to your request soon, I'm very curious about your story! :D

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

All done! :D 

@Sleepingbagonthesofa I've reviewed the first 4 chapters, feel free to come back and request for more if you like!

Throw me your links, people! :wub: (Although we'll start voting for the Chalices soon, so there's a chance I will need some time to get back to you...)

Story and Author Name, including link: That's All(M) by beyond the rain

Warnings and Advisories:  Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Violence

Genre: Angst, AU, Drama, Fluff, Romance 

Length: Novel, 6 chapters currently over 20,000 

Summary: A witch hides from the society that shunned her for being a muggleborn...and a slytherin. That is until two broken men, fighting on opposite sides of a war, give her no option but to return to the wizarding world. Magic hasn't managed to convince Clara that she belongs, but friends are more persuasive than any spell could be.

Ships: Remus/OC

Areas of Concern: I'd love to hear your first impressions, what you think of the characters that you meet along the way? This is a time jump fic, it takes place over several years rather than months, so maybe if it flows well too? I just want to know how my fic is doing. I don't normally write fics of this length! 

As far as what chapters you can review, if you don't have time to review them all (which is fine) then could you please review the last two chapters? The plot starts getting a bit more interesting there, so I'd really value some feedback on them! 

Thank you!

• Like 1