Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!
Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!
Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.
News Ticker
  • See the May Bulletin for archive rule/advisory changes.
  • See our badges forum for more details about our new badges system!
  • The Review Transfer Tool is now ready for use.
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

May Bulletin   05/01/2018

May's bulletin is up, with all kinds of interesting information (including a tool to mass transfer all reviews you received on HPFF to HPFT's archive). You can check it out +here.
    • toomanycurls

Annual Member Survey   05/09/2018

Please take a moment to fill out the annual member survey before May 31st.  
beyond the rain

Snamione (Severus/Hermione)

DanyFire

I read a Snamione fic on FF.net once. It was really well written. I need to find and read it again. I haven't delved into that ship on HPFT but I think maybe I should. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Alexis Black

Do it. Right now. Join us in this ship!

DanyFire

Any stories you'd rec for me to start with?

• Like 1

Alexis Black

Here or elsewhere? What rating are you comfortable with? There are plenty that exceed the limits here on the forum and archives, and I want to respectful of the rules.

DanyFire

The one I have favorited on FF.net is pretty graphic so I'll read just about anything. And I'm open to starting here and fanning out to other places.

beyond the rain

@DanyFire - if it's snamione fic recs you need....i can help!! My all time favourite snamione fic is by an author called Ausland on FFN, it's: The Times He Tells Her++ (M) . It's a oneshot in which hermione/severus are already a thing, but severus can't say i love you - but because of his actions Hermione already knows ^_^ - it's fluffy, angsty, romantic and has some smut in it too - just a heads up if thats not your thing!

I also love this by georgesgurl117 "Within the Wilderness, an Orchid Blooms" (M) - it's a marriage law fic, and usually I don't love them bc it's all been done before...but this is a different (and better) take on it imo. I will place a TW on it though because it involves a miscarriage, and emotion - wise it can be pretty heavy. 

Lastly, i'm gonna point out @MegGonagall is our resident snamione writer, and my favourite of hers is Fortuitous(M)  

Let me know what you think of those...and PM me if youd like to read more!

Edited by Veritaserum27
Added rating to link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recent Badges

SnapeLove

@DanyFire If you like more explicit stuff and with a dose of kink I can PM you more titles. I'm afraid that my reading list is not for public and this forum ;) 

Tho, I do read mostly on AO3 - some of the writers have their stories on FFN as well :)

Alexis Black

*sigh* This is when a Restricted Section would really have come in handy ... in any case, hopefully, our recommendations fit the bill, @DanyFire.

MegGonagall

Bianca and Bex, first *squishes* 

Other Meg! If you’re still looking, DM or PM me. I have a boat load I could recommend to you! 

DanyFire

Other Meg, @MegGonagall, I shall do so shortly. I am hunting down a Snamione fic I never finished reading years ago that has since been rewritten.

• Like 2

potionspartner

Love @MegGonagall's stuff. She does an amazing job connecting Severus and Hermione without losing that "Severus Sneer" that we all love. 

I've written one Snape/OC (Even the Best Laid Plans-slowly moving it over to HPFT from HPFF) and it's hard to create a relationship for Snape.  The girl actually ended up being a lot like Hermione-intelligent and strong-willed. He needs someone who is going to stand up to his attitude and and not take any of his BS. As one of my character said about Snape. 

"Inside Mr. Severus is a very honorable, caring man. Most just aren’t willing to wage war and stand up to him enough to see it.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

beyond the rain

^that's so true, and very eloquently put. 

I think that Hermione's very stubborn and persistent, like she was with house elf rights and Dumbledore's army, and going with Harry in his seventh year etc etc. That's the sort of person that Snape needs, someone who won't give up on him. I like it in fics when there's Snape doesn't like Hermione's stubborn nature and unwillingness to give up, and misreads it that she sees him as a lost cause like rights of magical creatures. In the end he realises it's just how she is as a person, and he refuses to give up on her too! :wub: 

Recent Badges

MegGonagall
On 4/3/2018 at 10:15 PM, potionspartner said:

Love @MegGonagall's stuff. She does an amazing job connecting Severus and Hermione without losing that "Severus Sneer" that we all love. 

Aww thank you!! :hug: I'm super excited to see you here!! 

And yes, he does need someone who won't deal with his crap. Plus, it makes for some very fun reading, when there's loads of snark in a Severus romance fic. :)

• Like 1