HPFanficTalk
  • Announcements

• abhorsen.

January Bulletin   12/31/2017

January's bulletin is up! It includes information about recent staff/prefect bumps, the upcoming FROGS, some special awards, and more! You can check it out +here.

Title: The Quidditch Boot Camp for Troubled Teens

Author: Adina Puff

Link(s): HPFF (M)

Length / Completed: 9378/ No

Pairing(s): James Sirius Potter/OC

Genre(s): Humor, Romance, Angst

Summary:

A summer of team-building, personal discoveries, and friendships that will last a lifetime.

Excuse me while I go barf.

Title: Breaking The Quidditch code

Author: Mistress

Length / Completed: 287471 / Yes

Pairing(s): Other Pairing

Genre(s): Fluff, Humor, Romance

Summary:

I’m James Sirius Potter. Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. I have girls. I have best mates. I have bad grades (the kitten was fine!). I have a legend. I also have teammates who break the Code, a Seeker trying to overthrow me, a Head Boy sticking his big nose into my business, and Avery. The only girl I’d break the rules for.

EDIT BY STAFF: Topic merged with Olympic Sports Story Recommendations

Title: The New Pride of Portree

Author: momotwins

Link(s): HPFF (15+)

Length / Completed: 25 Chapters - 123284 - Yes

Pairing(s): Molly Weasley II/OC

Genre(s): General, Humor, Romance

Summary:

Molly Weasley has spent her professional career as reserve Keeper for the Holyhead Harpies, her dream team - but her dream hasn't panned out the way she'd hoped, and she rarely gets off the bench. She accepts an offer to join the all-new lineup at Pride of Portree as the star Keeper. She might even be team captain, if she can just get along with the new coach, Riordan Fitzroy.

Title: Off the Rails.

Author: water_lily43175

Links: http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=306343 (M)

Pairings: James/OC, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Rose/Scorpius

Genres: Humour, Romance, Angst.

Summary:

Off the Rails: To start behaving strangely, in a way that is not acceptable to society; to lose track of reality.

James' life is perfect. He plays Quidditch for the Falcons, an England future seems certain, and the female attention isn't to be scoffed at.

Then he hooks up with a Muggle.

"Remember when you jumped off the Quidditch hoops without a broom? That was a better idea than this."

Dobby Award Winner 2014 - Best Plot Twist

Title: Weasley vs. Malfoy

Author: cherry_pop94

Link(s): HPFF

Length / Completed: 5043 / Yes

Pairing(s): Rose/Scorpius

Genre(s): Fluff, Humor, Romance

Summary:

Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy are two of the greatest Quidditch players Hogwarts has seen in years and they happen to be facing off in their final Quidditch match of their Hogwarts career. Who will come out victorious?

Title: Chicks Before Broomsticks

Author: banshee

Length / Completed: Completed, 12 chapters, 47311 words

Era: Next Generation

Main Character(s): Original Character, Roxanne Weasley

Main Pairing(s): Roxanne Weasley/OC

Genre(s): Romance, Angst, LGBTQA

Summary: Reserve Beater for the Tutshill Tornados. It sounded like a great career, but for Hollie Finnigan, it was a lot of bench warming and a chance for all of the people she ever told to ask, “Oh, so you know Roxanne Weasley? Can you get me her autograph?”

Hollie knew Roxanne alright. She was in love with her.

A story about love and lies, fame, and a little Quidditch.

Reasons for recommending: Hollie is the cutest, and I love everything that Julie has done with this story, there's drama, there's heartbreak, there's a whole lot of Quidditch, there's literally everything you could ask for, plus some great LGBTQA inclusivity!

Title: The New Pride of Portree

Author: momotwins

Link: HPFF

Length / Completed: 123,284 words / 25 chapters / yes

Era: Next Generation

Main Character(s): Molly Weasley II, OC

Main Pairing(s): Molly Weasley II/OC

Genre(s): General, Humour, Romance

Summary: Molly Weasley has spent her professional career as reserve Keeper for the Holyhead Harpies, her dream team - but her dream hasn't panned out the way she'd hoped, and she rarely gets off the bench. She accepts an offer to join the all-new lineup at Pride of Portree as the star Keeper. She might even be team captain, if she can just get along with the new coach, Riordan Fitzroy.

Title: Making the Reserves

Author: maraudertimes

Link(s): here (mature)

Length / Completed: currently four chapters, not complete

Era: next gen

Main Character(s): Molly Weasley II, ocs

Main Pairing(s): none yet

Genre(s): Humor, Action/Adventure, Young Adult

Summary:

With a last name like Weasley, Molly know that she’ll have to work hard to be taken seriously in the Quidditch world. Known for their top training program, Oakshaft Quidditch Academy will give her the push she needs to make the Montrose Magpies’ reserve team. But when another Quidditch Legacy just looks so good shirtless, Molly’s attention and desire to be the best wars with something new.

Reasons for recommending: Lo's ability to world-create is brilliant and the characters are so fun to read interacting with each other. This story has a really great original concept of a Quidditch Academy, something I've never seen done in fic before. You can tell reading it that everything is so well thought out and Molly is such a great character to read.

Title: Friday Night Flights
Author: clairevergreen
Link(s): HPFT (M)
Length / Completed: 10,580 / No
Pairing(s): OC/OC
Genre(s): general
Summary: 

In small town USA where no one bothers to keep magic a secret, Friday night Quidditch reigns supreme. For the Fort Mill Eagles, finally having a winning season means having to balance school, practice, and personal lives while keeping secrets no one wants to come out.

It's more than just a game.

Reasons for recommending: This is a fic unlike any other I've read before.  Claire brings us to the magical world of the USA, where No-Majs and wizards co-exist and Quidditch is everything.  Her characters are so relatable, they come to life on the page, and the relationships she's built feel so authentic.  It's only three chapters in, but so far it's been a really fun journey discovering Thea and her world, and you really want to root for her and the Fort Mill Eagles.  Everyone who loves Quidditch fics should read this! 

Edited by dreamgazer220
  • Like 1

UA-79258518-1