Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
victoria_anne

victoria_anne's reviews

victoria_anne

Hi 👋

Before you request, you should know that I'm the kind of person who reviews with raw emotion, general positivity in the shape of love hearts, and a helluva lot of capitals. I can help with general plot and characterisation, but if your story just needs a little love, that's okay too.

I'm familiar with HARRY POTTER, THE RAVEN BOYS, and HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. I'm willing to read ORIGINAL FICTION, and if you've written for any other fandoms, just check I'm familiar with them before requesting 😊 I'll read any ship/genre/era/etc. 

I will only review on HPFT, and one chapter at a time. You're welcome to come back and request another chapter once the first request is complete. I'll have three slots for requests, and please note that in some cases it might take me up to seven days to complete a request.

If all this sounds good to you, request away! 😊

Story and Author Name, including link:
Warnings and Advisories:
Genre:
Length:
Summary:
Ships:
Areas of Concern (if any):

Edited by victoria_anne

beyond the rain

yes please!

Story and Author Name, including link:In the Mourning by beyond the rain (15+)

Warnings and Advisories: profanity and sensitive topics

Genre: angstangstangst

Length: 2 chapters (total word count 5931)

Summary: “I want to see my parents.” He stated quite matter of factly, without a quiver in his voice. Minerva looked up from her morning brew, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

“Potter, I doubt it escaped your notice but your parents are-”

“Dead. Yeah, I know. I want to visit them, er, their graves. Professor.”

Ships: none really, i mean james/lily is mentioned and there's like the TEENIEST glimpse of snape/lily.

Areas of Concern (if any): I was wondering if you'd review chapter 2 for me (if you don't want to read 2 chapters then you can just r & r chapter one i don't mind). I'm worried that my character development of Harry wasn't great and that it might've been a bit slow. I'd just like a bit of confirmation that what I'm doing is right please (unless i am wrong - then please tell me what I should do to improve.)

Recent Badges

RoxiMalfoy

Hello again! I know you have already read most of my prequel stuff on HPFF before, so I would love it if you could check out my Novel now too.

Author Name: RoxiMalfoy

Story Title and link: Love, Not War [M]

Warnings and Advisories: Major Character Death, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Strong Violence, Contains profanity, Spoilers, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature

Genre: Horror/Dark, Romance, Angst, AU

Length: Novel (WIP; 16 chapters so far)

Summary: When Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision, he gives his only son up to the Order of the Phoenix in hopes that they will protect him from Voldemort. With nowhere else to go, Draco is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when a new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.

Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Arthur/Molly, Remus/Tonks, Bill/Fleur

Areas of Concern: Just looking for people's honest opinions of it, really. I am in the process of re-writing this Novel, and am currently in the middle of transferring everything over to AO3. So I have a fresh start with this piece now, and I just want some feedback. So feel free to point out anything that sticks out. Thank you so much!! :D

victoria_anne

How exciting, two requests already! Thank you!

I'll be onto these tomorrow!

1. In the Mourning - beyond the rain

2. Love, Not War - RoxiMalfoy

3. FREE!

Khaleesi

Hello victoria_anne (what a beautiful name)!

Story and Author Name, including link: <a href="http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=288398"> Bootstraps (15+)</a> by celticbard

Warnings and Advisories: Mild Language, Mild Violence, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme. Also, not that I wish to spoil the plot, but this story does deal with a serious illness. There are no hospitals or doctors, but sickness is mentioned.

Genre/Era Drama/Angst/Pre-Hogwarts

Length: One-shot, 3.356 words

Summary:

When Mum turned to face me I saw the grey of weathered tombstones in her eyes. “You’re father has Alzheimer’s Disease, Betty. The healers just diagnosed him last week.”

I should have told her how much she meant to me. Instead, I said, “Mum, stop it.”

Ships: None

Areas of Concern: General flow. Dialogue.

Thank you for the kind offer!

victoria_anne

Hello Khaleesi! You have a beautiful name too (it's actually along the lines of what I have my subjects call me)

I've just finished Bex's story (please, sir, may I have some more?) so I have another slot open!

1. Love, Not War - RoxiMalfoy

2. Bootstraps - celticbard

3. OPEN

victoria_anne

What a talented bunch you all are <3

All slots are open!

Aphoride

Snag! ;)

Story and Author Name, including link: Julian by Aphoride (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Mild Violence, Substance Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Warning

Genre/Era: Drama, Angst, LGBTQA+ / Marauders Era

Length: One-shot (4828 words)

Summary: March 16th, 1980: Remus Lupin is waiting for the full moon, alone in the mountains of the Lake District.

(He's not dreaming of Sirius, or of martyrdom, and the anger's just the wolf clawing at him, impatient to be out.)

Ships: unrequited Remus/Sirius, James/Regulus, James/Lily

Areas of Concern: This is the first time I've ever written Remus and I'm super nervous about how he comes across and whether or not he's actually in character at all. Does the story work with as little plot as it has - it's mostly reflective? How do the other characters seem and come across? And, ofc, anything else you wanna point out :)

Also, I gotta say that it really badly needs editing - Camp NaNo's fault :P - so please ignore any typos/missing words/etc. :)

victoria_anne

Er, so turns out I was already in the middle of reviewing this when you requested it. Spooky! But hopefully you like the review, Remus was definitely in character, and your writing is flawless like always (even when it's unedited, wot?!)

1. OPEN

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

NPE

Hi there! :)

Story and Author Name, including link:

Rise of the Phoenix by NPE - HPFF.com

http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=335397

Warnings and Advisories: Rated (M)

Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme

Genre: Dark, Mystery, Drama

Length: Chapter 1 is 6894 words.

Summary: It is 1976 and Aurora Meadows, a buccaneering curse-breaking witch, returns home from the Far East after the death of her brother in suspicious circumstances.

Finding her country under a cloud of fear, gripped by the chaos of an emerging super-powerful dark wizard, referred to only as "You-Know-Who", she takes on the Ministry to discover the truth.

Areas of Concern: How credible/interesting is the OC? Is it paced well, does it lag? Do I build suspense effectively? How effective is the description (overkill or appropriately visceral?) How clear is the story, the situation? (Of course any feedback given of any variety - flames asides - is wonderfully appreciated) x

Thank you :)

RoxiMalfoy

Hello again!! Here to request a quick little One-Shot this time. Chronologically, it is the next part of the LNW series. I just hope you haven't read this one already, lol! If so, just feel free to skip it and I will come back with the link to chapter 1 of the Novel later. ;)

Story & Author Name (including link): Doing the Right Thing [15+] by: RoxiMalfoy

Warnings and Advisories: “No Archive Warnings Apply” (@AO3)

Genre: Horror/Dark, Angst, AU

Length: One-Shot (1,500 Words)

Summary: “Mother had always said that I was different. She believed that I was capable of doing the right thing. Whatever that meant...”

Ships: N/A

Areas of Concern (if any): Feel free to point out anything that sticks out. Thank you!!!

victoria_anne

I'll be onto these tomorrow, my lovelies.

I have the next few days off from work, so ya'll can just throw your stories at me!

Khaleesi

Hello victoria_anne!

May I re-request? If not, please feel free to ignore. :)

Story and Author Name, including link: <a href="http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=293132"> Seven Hills (M)</a> by celticbard

Warnings and Advisories: Strong Language, Strong Violence, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse

Genre/Era Drama/Romance/AU/Other Era

Length: Novella, 24021  words

Summary:

After World War II, the wizards and witches of Europe struggle to restore a ruined continent. From the desperate thousands three emerge to take power and claim the right to rule. Gellert Grindelwald, a lauded hero and politician who dreams of being an emperor. Portia Thurin, a military genius and unrivalled tactician. And Tom Riddle, who may very well destroy them all. Out of a world of dust rises an empire of marble.

Ships: Tom Riddle/OC, OC/OC

Areas of Concern: Characterization. Plot.

Thank you for the kind offer!

Alexis Black

A review from a character? Hmmm ... so intriguing!

Story Title: Put a Ring on It

Author Name: Alexis Black/ABlack

Link and Rating: AO3 (preferred) | HPFF  [M]

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Scenes of a sexual nature, Sensitive topic/issue/theme

Genre/Era: General, Humor / Marauder's Era

Length: One-Shot (1,437 Words)

Summary: What’s the worst that could happen? After a fun evening at a Muggle pub on the last night of their Christmas holiday, Sirius Black learns the hard way. Of all his brilliant ideas, this one really took the biscuit. “I’m done with Muggle birds, I swear it!”

Character to Receive Review From: Severus Snape. If, however, he is unwilling than Sirius Black.

Notes (if any): It's a Marauders-centric tale so Severus might not have much to say. Then again, he just might be unable to hold in his snarkiness. I can't wait to see what Severus thinks.

victoria_anne

@ Khaleesi:

Oh my Merlin of course you can! And it's a Tom Riddle one HOORAY!

@ Alexis:

Asking Severus to review something Sirius-focused is risky, but he's in good humour today, lucky for you (mostly because the idea of asking Snape to review a Sirius story is hilarious :P)

Felpata_Lupin

I know I shouldn't... but the review from a character's idea is too wonderful... I couldn't resist... (Chi needs a couch)

Story Title: Liar

Author Name: Felpata Lupin

Link and Rating: HPFF (M)

Character to Receive Review From: erm... if I just said a Marauder of your choice, would it be okay? If I have to be specific then... mmh... Remus, maybe?

Notes (if any): Shake-what? Are you Sirius?

Just a question before I go... you know, for future reference... would it be possible to ask reviews from OCs, too? I'm thinking like, someone in the Blishwick family?

Bye, little B! :D

victoria_anne

I'll be getting to these in the next day or two! <3

RoxiMalfoy

Hello again!! Sorry it took me a few days to come back and re-request. RL has been crazy busy this past week!! Not sure what all info you need for a re-request, but if there is anything else you need, please just let me know. =)

Story Title and link: Love, Not War (Rated: Teen & Up Audiences/Mature)

Chapter to be Reviewed Chapter 2 - The Letter

Summary: He realized at once who the letter was from the second he opened it and started reading. It was signed by the last person that Arthur Weasley ever would have expected to be writing to him: Lucius Malfoy.

Areas of Concern: Again, I am starting over on a new hosting site (AO3) and just wanting to get people's opinions of the story. Thank you so much for your time and input hun, I really appreciate it!!

RoxiMalfoy

Hello, again!! Sorry for the double-post. Had to come back to re-request the next chapter of LNW!!  :D

Chapter to be Reviewed Chapter 3 - The Healer

Summary: Molly's first impression of her was that she was far too young to be a healer. She was very pretty; tall and slim, with long blond hair and mint green eyes. She was very professional looking, with her clean-cut white suite, her briefcase filled with medical supplies, and her golden hair woven into a long braid along her back.

Areas of Concern: Same as usual, lol! Just wanting to get people's opinions of the story. That, and I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on my new OC, Saleena Blackwell... Thank you again so much hun, I really appreciate all of you feedback!!

victoria_anne

Double post all you want, hunny! Give me a day or two!

Alexis Black

Ok, I can't resist any longer. Those character reviews are to die for!

Story Title: If Only in His Dreams

Author Name: Alexis_Black on AO3 | ABlack on HPFF

Link and Rating: AO3 | HPFF

Character to Receive Review From: Severus, of course

Notes (if any): A short Severus-centric tale. I'm curious to know his opinion.

maraudertimes

Story and Author Name, including link: Making the Reserves (M) | maraudertimes

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature

Genre: Humor, Action/Adventure, Young Adult

Length: Chapter 3 - 4987

Summary: When Molly Weasley starts at Oakshaft Quidditch Academy with her heart set on making the Montrose Magpies reserve team, she expected to learn from some of the greatest minds in the world, both on and off the pitch. But sometimes friendship, love, and life provide the greatest lessons of all.

Ships: N/A

Areas of Concern (if any): I've just kind of lost myself somewhere along the last few months since I haven't been writing and I'd like to gather information on what I a) do well, and b) what I can improve, e.g. grammar, characterization, etc.

RoxiMalfoy

Hello again!! Feel free to take your time on this one hun, there really is no hurry at all!!  ;)

Chapter to be Reviewed Chapter 4 - Unexpected Visitors

Summary: It was not until Sunday evening, three days after Draco's arrival, that Saleena had finally gathered enough information to get a clear picture as to what exactly had happened to him. But before she could deliver his diagnosis to the Weasley's, they received yet another group of unexpected visitors.

Areas of Concern: Without giving too much away here, I can say that we do finally get to see the golden trio in this one! So I guess characterization of those three would be a main AOC for me in this chapter. And then just feel free to comment on anything else you want to also!!

Thank you so much!!! :D

BlackPixie

Story Title: Somebody That I Used to Know

Author Name: rosehedwig243

Link and Rating: Here (T)

Character to Receive Review From: Ron or Harry. (or both :P)

Notes (if any): The title is a reference to what is to come.