Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Congratulations to Hufflepuff for winning the 2017-2018 House Cup!
  • All the finale newspapers are now available for reading
  • Staff
  • prefect
  • and house newsletter editor applications are now open
victoria_anne

victoria_anne's reviews

Tecla Sunrise

What? How had I not noticed this thread?

My story needs your love fosssho!

Story and Author Name, including link: Uncertain future (M) Tecla Sunrise

Warnings and Advisories: Profanity

Length: 7565 words

Summary: James and Elizabeth have been a couple for four months.
They’re falling in love and everything is going perfectly.
Until James mentions a Sunday lunch with his family.
"Absolutely no"

Genre: fluff, romance, bit of angst but in the future

Areas of concern: I'm concerned about the general feeling of the character as I'm changing pov every chapter! <3

victoria_anne

Baby I am on this right now!

• Like 1

quill2parchment

B <3 I haven't been here in too long but I finally got around to writing a chapter and I want to see what you think! 

Story and Author Name, including link: In this Darkness by Quill2Parchment https://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=337709 

Warnings and Advisories: M Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Sensitive topic/issue/theme, Spoilers

Genre: Romance

Length: Chapter 21 is 6728 words

Summary: Sometimes the greatest darkness is the one inside of us. 

Ships: Lily/OC

Areas of Concern (if any): Times when the story feels like it's dragging. And, of course, anything else you might notice. 

Thank you <3 

Edited by quill2parchment
  • Like 1

manno-malfoy

Hello! I would really appreciate some perspective on my newest story, please. :$

Story and Author Name, including link: Between a Hurricane and the Sea (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Language, Substance Abuse

Genre: Romance, Drama

Length: Chapter 1 is 2,281 words

Summary: 

They were forces of nature: a hurricane and a sea --The Sea. And she was just an island.

Ships: Rose Weasley/OC, Lily Potter/OC

Areas of Concern (if any): So I'm super, super concerned about the stylistic choices I've made with this story. I'm worried that there's too much of it that it's overbearing and takes away from the story. Also this is a small story in the verse of my novel, so I'm worried that it doesn't stand on its own all too well, so I need some feedback on that. I'm also here for anything else you might notice. I'm more than open for all critique.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Like 1

Pen2Paper

May I? I'm in need of new perspective!

Story and Author Name, including link: Heaven Can Wait(M) (HPFF link) by Pen2Paper

Warnings and Advisories: Profanity, Mild Violence, Substance Use

Genre: Romance/ Drama (Pre First Wizarding War)

Length: 8 Chapters , Ch1 5576 words

Summary:

"Mudblood" 

The word hung in the air for a long moment. No one who heard it knew the full gravity of it. They knew what it meant, sure. But why was it said? What happened next? ...

The story of how Lily and James and their friends grew into the people we remember from the books.

Ships: Lily/James 

Areas of Concern (if any): Plot development, Reader interest, Characterization :) It's a story I started way back when but had to put on hold for a long time. I'm slowly getting back to it and writing in general. I've been editing most of the chapters, some lines felt flat and corny I cut them out completely but I've tried not to disturb the original writing too much that it becomes unrecognisable. Anyway  knowing how you feel about the story and characters would be a big help! Thanks in advance :)

victoria_anne

@Pen2Paper I'm so sorry about this! I'm getting to your review now, and I'll transfer it over to HPFT too :)

just.a.willow.tree
Posted (edited)

Hi Bianca!

Story and Author Name, including link: a caged soul (M) by justawillowtree
Warnings and Advisories: domestic abuse, hate speech
Genre: drama, general, hurt/comfort, romance
Length: ~3k
Summary: 

Locked in a tower, forbidden to see the world. Such is the stuff of fairytales.

Except, this is Hope's reality.

Ships: Dominique Weasley/OC
Areas of Concern (if any): So this is based on a fairytale, and I want to know whether I've managed to write an adaptation where the fairytale inspiration is clear but without being too much of a copy, if that makes sense? And also I want to know your thoughts on the two characters, and whether the story is intriguing, and if you would want to read more of the story (since I'm planning on adding more). :P

Thank you! :rose:

Edited by just.a.willow.tree
I keep doing this, where I post without finishing :P
  • Like 1

sunshine_locks

heya! i've got a new chapter out, and i'd love some feedback! 

Story Title and author name, including link: Miracle (here! M) by Hasane

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, violence, scenes of sexual nature (the latter is nonexistent as of now and the violence is because I needed it for the premise of the story in the beginning)

Genre: romance, humor, angst

Length: chapter 5, 3,336

Summary: She was told it was a miracle, but it was more akin to a curse, if one looks at how much she lost. 

Or alternatively: What would happen if a wizard gave a muggle a blood transfusion?

Ships: Albus/OC (eventually), Scorpius/OC

Areas of Concern: Mostly just coherency, grammar, and such. It makes sense to my eyes, but I've read it a thousand times so. 

• Like 1

victoria_anne

I have assignments to write, so.... SEND YOUR STORIES MAH WAY :thumbsup:

potionspartner
Posted (edited)

Story Title and author name, including link: Even the Best Laid Plans by potionspartner http://hpfanfictalk.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1832 (M)

Warnings and Advisories: hate language, sexual content (brief), sexual assault (one-mostly implied), substance abuse, violence (Voldy strikes again.)

Genre: General, Romance, Little bit of Dark

Length: At the moment 7 chapters, but still adding. Review any chapter you want.

Summary: Voldemort has returned and Severus Snape has survived his first meeting with him; however, his position is insecure and his loyalties questioned by his master.  Desperate to convince the Dark Lord of his obedience, Snape launches a plan to appease him. It should take years to develop giving Dumbledore and Potter the time they need to fulfill the prophecy.  However, when Voldemort changes the plan, Severus realizes that he has inadvertently brought a muggle to the attention of the Death Eaters. Now he is trying to save her from evil all while convincing her that he is actually part of it.

Ships: Severus/OC

Areas of Concern: Characterization, adding detail, anything constructive you can add

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT

Edited by LadyL8
Unrated mature link
  • Like 1

Recent Badges

Pixileanin

Hey... you still reviewing??

I have something that needs comments.

Coffee and Curse-Breakers (M) by Pixileanin

Self-Harm, Slavery, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence

Action/Adventure, AU, Crime/Mystery, Hurt/Comfort

22K (4 chapters)

Then she saw it.  Two broken, wavy lines across the top of his wrist, not pink from the coffee spill, but actually glowing from under his skin.  At the same time, she felt her own wrist burn like it never had before.  The marks were shockingly familiar, like the underside of her own arm. They matched hers.  

No.  It couldn’t be this man.  There had to be some mistake.

Tonks/Bill W

It's new.  I'm insecure.  Also, concrit away.  I'm always trying to make stuff better, and I wrote this REALLY FAST.

Thanks,

Pix

victoria_anne

giphy.gif

I'll get to it asap ^_^

• Like 1

just.a.willow.tree

(hey B! will you review my Percy Jackson fic :ninja: if not that's totally fine, please just ignore this then :P)

Story and Author Name, including link: spartan (M) by justawillowtree

Warnings and Advisories: derogatory language, sexual content, substance abuse

Genre: drama, fluff, humor, romance

Length: 10k (3 chapters so far)

Summary:

When Piper McLean's photos are found mysteriously burned, all signs point to Drew Tanaka as the culprit. Now she has to sit through this undignified trial (if it can even be called that) to prove her innocence. She tells her side of the story to a panel of four other Camp Half-Blood campers, and as she continues, her audience grows more and more captivated.

Because this story details a secretive fling with the dignified, stoic, and decidedly unromantic Reyna Ramirez-Arellano.

Ships: drew tanaka/reyna ramirez-arellano

Areas of Concern (if any): mostly I just want to know if you like it :P also your thoughts on drew, and also your thoughts on the format, and just general characterization? any concrit you might have would be super appreciated as well <3

• Like 1

Firefly910

Story and Author Name, including link: Resistance (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Story has Sexual Content and Violence but none in this chapter 

Genre: AU, Post-Hogwarts, Angst, Romance

Length: 3382 words 

Ships: Draco/Hermione (although not in this chapter)

Areas of Concern (if any): This is my first fanfic SINCE 2012, so I am rusty! Would just love to here what you think of it! 

• Like 1

victoria_anne

Request away 😁

adorably cute

Hi! Would love a new perspective! (Also, I not sure we've really spoken before, so hi!:waving:)

Story and Author Name, including link: Moments Like This by adorably cute

Warnings and Advisories: substance abuse

Genre: romance

Length: 5511

Summary:  Five times Oliver Wood and Alicia Spinnet ran into each other and the one time he sought her out

Ships: Oliver Wood/Alicia Spinnet

Areas of Concern (if any): just whatever your thoughts are!

• Like 1

sunshine_locks

hiya! i have a new chapter up! *u*

Story and Author Name, including link: Miracle (M) by sunshine_locks

Warnings and Advisories: nothing as bad as the last chapter lmao. there are mentions of what happened last chapter, and some swearing but nothing too bad. 

Genre: Romance, Humor

Length: 4,975

Summary: She was told it was a miracle, but it was more akin to a curse, if one looked at how much she lost. 

Or alternatively: What would happen if a wizard gave a muggle a blood transfusion?

Ships: Albus/OC, Scorpius/OC

Areas of Concern: I just want your thoughts on it is all!

victoria_anne

Open for requests! ^_^ 

LunaStellaCat

Story and Author Name, including link:    Peter Calhoun (M)

Warnings and Advisories:  Substance Abuse, Death, Violence 

Genre:  Original Fiction, Short Story 

Length: 3017 Words

Summary:  A man learns to live again after the death of his wife.  

Ships:  OC/OC 

Areas of Concern (if any):  This is my first attempt at sharing original fiction.  I did just rename the piece because I can't decide what to name this thing.  Characterization. Plot, Structure.  Anything, really. :)

Lady Ausra

Oh, I have a story that could use some of your wonderful love, if you would be so kind...

Story and Author Name, including link: The Grass Is Greener on the Other Side (Or So They Say) by Rynna Aurelia

Warnings and Advisories: Swearing, discussion of character deaths, violence, non-graphic child abuse.

Genre: Drama/Family/Mystery/Hurt/Comfort,  WIP fanfiction.

Length: 54.1K words (16 chapters)

Summary: Lily Evans had loved her daughter very much; enough to use magic that shouldn't exist. James Potter had loved his daughter very much; enough to help. When they were gone, a ward would be left in place of their sacrifice, constructed to protect their child the only way possible: at all costs. But they hadn't planned on Voldemort's return; or the ward deciding to seek their help...

Ships: A few one-sided crushes: Neville/Hermione, Cedric/Hermione, Hannah/Neville. And, of course, James/Lily.

Areas of Concern (if any): Character portrayal, writing style, and um... all of it, I guess?

Thank you in advance!

Recent Badges

LunaStellaCat
Posted (edited)

Story and Author Name, including link:  

Summary:  A man learns to live again after the death of his wife.  

Areas of Concern (if any):  This is my first attempt at sharing original fiction.  I did just rename the piece because I can't decide what to name this thing.  Characterization. Plot, Structure. Anything, really. :)

Story and Author Name, including link:   London at Park Lane (M)

Summary:  A man learns to live again.

Areas of Concern (if any):  This is my first attempt at sharing original fiction.  I did just rename the piece because I can't decide what to name this thing.  Characterization. Plot, Structure. Anything, really. :)

Edited by LunaStellaCat

sunshine_locks
Posted (edited)

hello, i love your reviews, so i am here. 

Story & Author Name: dum vivimus vivamus (M) by sunshine_locks
Warnings & Advisories: mentions of eating disorders, racism, and islamophobia
Genres: Angst, general, humor
Length: One-Shot, 18,227 Words
Ships: N/A
Summary: Reflections don't change, but people do. 
Areas of Concern: none really! comment on whatever you like! 

also, yeah, this is a pretty long one-shot, so if you decline, i'd understand!

Edited by victoria_anne
added in unrated mature link
  • Like 1

victoria_anne
Posted (edited)

@LunaStellaCat and @Lady Ausra your reviews are done! 😊

Future requesters, please note that I've updated my thread to only give reviews on the HPFT archives, and that I'll only have three slots open at a time 😊

1. dum vivimus vivamus (M)  by sunshine_locks

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

Edited by victoria_anne
  • Thanks 1

Chemical_Pixie

I'd like to take a spot, especially since I've just responded to your first lovely review!

Story & Author Name: A Place Not Far From Here (M) by Chemical_Pixie
Warnings & Advisories: Derogatory Language, domestic abuse, hate speech, sexual content, substance abuse, violence
Genres: Crime/mystery, action/adventure, romance, dark/horror
Length: Novel (98, 474)
Ships: James II/OC
Summary: Attempting to stay one step ahead of The Cause, which violent echoes the time of Grindelwald, Amelia Fortescue faces truths she'd rather not admit, especially the ones related to James Potter. As she tries to make sense of her present, she needs to confront her past. Amelia must find her way, but it's not as far as she might think.
Areas of Concern: Nothing pressing. Your general thoughts would be great!

Thank you!