HPFanficTalk
ichigopan

What's Your Pottermore Patronus?

Since the site just launched their Patronus quiz, I was curious to see what everyone's were :D

Mine is a blackbird.

It would've been cool if they had written a descriptor of what each animal represented upon creating the form though...

A pine marten? A whaaaat? I had to Google it, at first I thought it was some kind of tree.

Still certain that my Patronus is a dragon.

I got a black and white cat! That's almost exactly what I thought I would be, so I'm entirely happy! I just wish it had a small blurb on what that means about me...

I found a site (12+) that listed the meaning behind the animals, but obviously, not sure if it's 100% accurate.

Take what we can get for the time being, right? haha

I took the quiz and my first result was a badger.  It fits I like it but I've always personally thought hippo would be mine.  I have a deep love and fascination with the creatures and I associate well with their personality type. (They are like badgers, nice friendly sweet but provoked and you have a helluva nasty beasty on your hands!)  Also the water thing is very me too. 

(As a 100% aside have you looked at Hippos!?  They are adorable and week but powerful and majestic and I could spend hours just staring at them! *squishes them*)

After reading the link ichigopan posted Badger does apply to me but hippo more in my opinion.  Is Hippo even an option on the quiz site?  I've taken it like 3 times and have had 0 consistency.

Well unfortunately my patronus wasn't on the page posted above!  :( I'd have liked more insight on mine. I had a marsh harrier. I've always felt affection for birds of prey and I thoroughly enjoyed my ornithology class at the crack of dawn a few years ago so I'm happy!

On the my first account I got a black and white cat, and on my second I got a Manx cat. So evidently....I'm some sort of cat. To be honest, I always thought of having a cat patronous though I never really assumed it would be a domestic cat. I always thought of tigers or leopards (though that may be just because tigers are my favorite animal). Though reading through the Cat description on the link.. yeah that fits me pretty well. I definitely need alone time once in a while and I love being pampered!  :P I do wish J.K had written a blurb about each animal though- what's the difference between  black and white cat and a manx cat?? I want to make another account just to see more animals!

I got the Fox Terrier - apparently the most successful breed at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show...eighteen (18) wins, what what :P

I think a dog fits me though with their loyalty, protectiveness, etc.

WELL, this has been a wild morning.

I could not remember my original login information (of which I am Hufflepuff and confirmed my ravenclaw/hufflepuff questionings from all those years ago) so I tried getting an email from my five year old account, which said I needed a different account to verify because.. haven't been logged in for five years and obvs it got hacked because it's yahoo. (I remembered my password from all those years ago on the first try though, so props to me)

SO, I made a new account and got sorted into gryffindor.

In absolute crisis mode I clicked through the patronus quiz and got "wood mouse"

:o

SO, needless to say, I made another new account and actually paid attention and DON'T WORRY, all is right with the world, still a Hufflepuff.

In a shock to probably no one, my patronus is a dog. specifically a mastiff, which I think matches my RBF quite nicely  ::):D their traits (according to google) are: Protective, Good-natured, Calm, Courageous, Dignified, Affectionate

I'm okay with this :) (and I match Rumple, so  8))

/storytime

I really always thought mine would be an Owl, but sadly it wasn't. I did get another nocturnal bird, however. One I know absolutely nothing about. A Nightjar? Ok...

I got a Ragdoll cat. After I'd googled (and Wiki-ed) more about it it does kind of sound like me, I guess.

I'm okay with that, I didn't have any idea what it would be instead. Although yeah, I do wish J.K. Rowling had posted a little something as well.

Crow.

A crow is a trickster, a keeper of memories. They are associated with death and decay, as they're carrion birds, but they also are cunning beasts and cousin of the raven. They're very curious, and will often take away items to investigate them, before dropping them for their owners to find.

i got a ginger cat, i was pretty happy with that! ^_^ my sister got a dolphin and was so disappointed ahaha

But dolphins are cool! ... Even though they're known to be jerkfaces sometimes.

I agree with everyone who said they wished JKR posted something about them.  Mine is apparently an "unusual" Patronous and I got the Scops Owl. I'm pretty cool with that; I had to look it up on the Wiki to see what they were about and I'd say it's fairly accurate.

I got Bay Stallion with my real account, but went back to retake - just because - on my second account and it gave me Basset Hound.

I... have no idea what either mean. Don't know why meanings weren't provided, to be honest.

I got an Aardvark.  I'm not really sure how I feel about that, but I'm grateful for the quiz because I could never really "feel" what my patronus was before this.  I'm not a huge animal lover (sorry, sorry), so it was hard to feel like I had a connection to one sort of being that would be my patronus.

Ichigopan's link didn't work for me, so I googled aardvarks.  They are found in Africa, have long snouts, sticky tongues and bad eyesight.  The bad eyesight part is a good match for me, but not the other stuff  ;D

I like the word "aardvark" and alphabetically it's the first animal listed - so that's kinda cool too!

Never forget, though, that one of the most famous Patronuses of all time was a lowly mouse, which belonged to a legendary young wizard called Illyius, who used it to hold off an attack from an army of Dementors single-handedly.

I got a field mouse. And judging from this above quote from pottermore (source 12+), I'm not sure whether to be excited or ashamed.

UA-79258518-1