Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the new badges we have available.
  • Why did Professor Snape stand in the middle of the road?
  • So you'll never know which side he's on.
ichigopan

What's Your Pottermore Patronus?

Vilja

I see this post is quite old, but replies are still comming, so I thought I'd share with you a quote from Pottermore (from the Patronus article written by J.K. Rowling):

Spangle is interesting on the subject of those unusual witches and wizards who produce a Patronus that takes the form of their favourite animal.

‘It is my firm belief that such a Patronus is an indicator of obsession or eccentricity. Here is a wizard who may not be able to hide their essential self in common life, who may, indeed, parade tendencies that others might prefer to conceal. Whatever the form of their Patronus, you would be well-advised to show respect, and occasionally caution, towards a witch or wizard who produces the Patronus of their choice.’

Mine is a Bloodhound btw, and I'm not sure what that tells about me... ;)

Patronus.jpg

AlmaVK

Is there anyone who hasn't taken the patronus quiz yet? ;) I just found a nice collection of all the animals and what to answer to get any of those +here :D

MeIsMoonie
On 12/07/2017 at 8:20 PM, AlmaVK said:

Is there anyone who hasn't taken the patronus quiz yet? ;) I just found a nice collection of all the animals and what to answer to get any of those +here :D

The first thing that came to mind when I saw that was: "How many times someone must've done that quiz to figure that out..."

Additionally, I've done the quiz a few times because I have a several accounts on there - back from the time I was trying to figure out why the sorting hat quiz was being so wrong. When I first did it I got a tortoiseshell cat, but I kept wanting to backtrack the answers. Just now I redid it, answering everything right so that it corresponded with a specifically good memory (of a pet rat - if I'd gotten a cat again that would be a joke) and it turned into a dolphin. I've identified as a dolphin in the past - as an animal totem kinda feeling - so it feels right.

So my patronus is a dolphin. Yeah.

Edited by MeIsMoonie
  • Like 1

Hufflepuffbookworm1990

On one account I have a White Mare on another I have a Chow-Chow. I think the White Mare fits me better. I thought I would get a cat.

Shadowkat678

I got a wolf.

• Like 1

Nhaz

Just did it. Snowy owl, perfect.

SnapeLove

The Black Mare, I love it :)

Simplicius

I received the Fox, and was quite pleased by that.

• Like 1

just.a.willow.tree

When I took it a while back, I got badger. I was so shocked (and quite happy) because the emblematic animal of Hufflepuff is a badger. :P

• Like 2

Professor McGonagall

I got a crow. They are beautiful birds.

Shadowkat678

I just found something out. I'm in Ravenclaw, and my friends have also told me that if I was a animal I'd be a raven or crow. I was kinda disappointed the trend didn't continue with my patronus, but then I realized something.

Ravens and crows are routinely seen hanging around wolves. Even though they don't do this much with other animals. Guys. There's a trend. I have a trend.

HarryGinnyLove88

DOLPHIN

• Like 1

VaguelyCreativeName

Right, so I've taken the test several times, once when it first came out and then again recently because I'd forgotten what my wand was and I wanted to write the Ollivander's bit, and I thought I might as well...

Originally, I had a hedgehog, which I was really pleased with, cause how cute is that? But then when I re-took it this month, I got an adder, which I just couldn't identify with, so I took the test yet again, and it said rattlesnake

In conclusion: my patronus definitely seems to be a snake, and I don't know how to feel about that:shrugs:

• Like 1

bahneebee

Sooo cute that you got hedgehog first, but still cute that you got a snake! I need to retake mine because on Pottermore it’s a rag doll cat. I’m a dog person. o.O

• Like 2

ShadowRose
28 minutes ago, bahneebee said:

Sooo cute that you got hedgehog first, but still cute that you got a snake! I need to retake mine because on Pottermore it’s a rag doll cat. I’m a dog person. o.O

Same, mine's a lynx cat and I'm way more of a dog person. One of my friends bought me a shirt that says "my patronus is a corgi" for Christmas this past year, and I think I like imagining that as my Patronus better, haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1