(c) Lola. @tda

 

2019 Nargles: Most Inclusive Story/Series | Featured Story on June 2019

 

a blue banner (with yellowish-orange accents) with min yoong in the middle, on his left is the quote

 

"I know I feel weak, but I know I'm strong." 

 

Teddy told this to himself as often as he could, but he wasn't sure he believed it.


Rating and Advisories (required): Mature Audiences (Domestic Abuse, Slurs, Suicide, Violence)
Content Warnings (optional): Bullying, Discrimination, Internalized Oppression

Genre: Angst, AU, General, Hurt/Comfort, Romance

Tropes: Family, Feminism, Friends to Lovers, Friendship, Questioning Identity, School

Story Type: Novel (50,000+ words)
Incomplete · Published: 22 Mar 2019 · Updated: 27 Dec 2019 · Words: 75294 · Chapters: 14 · Reviews: 91 · Likes: 25 · Reads: 1353

Series: Ravenclaw Nargles Winners, Reflections

So... hello! This is the Teddy Lupin story that I was talking about vaguely on twitter and occasionally scream about. This is a fully plotted out novel, but there's no true 'plot' to it; it's just meant to be one of struggle and recovery, and I wrote it largely for myself. There were four big inspirations for this story, namely: Grey's Anatomy, Bojack Horseman, Glass by Gabriella Hunter (hence the name of the story), and a few of my own experiences. I appreciate it if you read, but I understand if you don't. The advisories and themes on this story should be taken seriously and as they will be explored, and as such, there will be warnings for each chapter should they be needed. Thank you!

 

(Also? That wonderful quote in the summary? That one's by Demetrius Harmon.)

 

graphics award for featured story

 

(c) Abhorsen.




1. Nightmare by sunshine_locks (1079 words) · 24 Reviews · 7 likes

Teddy wasn’t sure where he was.

 

Warning: Graphic depiction of violence.


2. Play Pretend by sunshine_locks (2736 words) · 16 Reviews · 6 likes

“Hello,” Teddy said to his Auntie Ginny, barreling right into her outstretched arms.


3. Happier Times by sunshine_locks (3493 words) · 16 Reviews · 3 likes

Teddy wasn't sure what was going on.


Warning: Descriptions of some anxiety.


4. Through Fishbowls by sunshine_locks (3848 words) · 10 Reviews · 2 likes

Teddy looked at the sky, watching the clouds move across the sky without a care in the world.     

 

Warning: Decriptions of a panic attack.


5. Song and Dance by sunshine_locks (4520 words) · 8 Reviews · 0 likes

It was the same song and dance every day.


Warning: Intrusive thoughts, slight mention of panic attack?


6. Creatures of the Dark by sunshine_locks (4074 words) · 6 Reviews · 3 likes

To be quite honest, Teddy had no clue as to why birthdays were given such high praise. 


Warning: Disassociation and graphic depictions of violence. 


7. Would I Even Be Okay? by sunshine_locks (5785 words) · 5 Reviews · 1 likes

Truth be told, Teddy wasn’t sure what was going on with him the past few days.

Warning: Graphic depictions of emotional abuse. Descriptions of grief. Mentions of negative body image.


8. Moonstruck Protagonist by sunshine_locks (6890 words) · 2 Reviews · 1 likes

As he walked into school today, the only emotion that was on the forefront on his mind was that he felt like he shouldn’t be here today.


Warning: Panic attacks, grief, and unpleasant thoughts.


9. Death In Its Carriage by sunshine_locks (7329 words) · 2 Reviews · 1 likes

In a small English classroom on the other end of the school campus, Teddy caught Vega leaning back in her desk next to him and give out the biggest sigh.

 

Warning: Emotional abuse, suicide ideation (not too in detail). 


10. Unbreak My Heart by sunshine_locks (6675 words) · 2 Reviews · 1 likes

A lot had happened in the last few days, and if Teddy was being completely honest, he had not paid an ounce of attention to things around him.

 

Warning: Descriptions of depression. 


11. Solace in the Beat by sunshine_locks (8680 words) · 0 Reviews · 0 likes

During the summer, Vega had made the occasional visit—or perhaps it was better to say that it was more like every other day?

 

Warnings: General low self-esteem.


12. To Love and Be Loved by sunshine_locks (6636 words) · 0 Reviews · 0 likes

Even after having been part of the dance studio for a few months, it was infinitely hard to get used to the sheer rigor of the dances themselves.

 

Warnings: Abuse, but it's more like learning about abuse than it is depictions of it?


13. Where Are You? I Miss You by sunshine_locks (6962 words) · 0 Reviews · 0 likes

The fact that this tiny little café brought him so much worry despite not having been in it even once might have been a laughable matter to him if he didn’t feel so uncomfortable right now.

 

Warnings: Descriptions of depression and low self-esteem.


14. Bright as Sunshine by sunshine_locks (6587 words) · 0 Reviews · 0 likes

Teddy blinked blearily, his eyes feeling like they had physical flecks of sleep underneath his eyelids.

 

Warnings: Strong depictions of depression, and an anxiety attack.