Spectacular banner by niika @ TDA

 

James was a professional Quidditch sensation. A bright and shining star. An unstoppable force.

Until a well-aimed Bludger shattered his shoulder -- and his dreams.

That was the year the stars went dim for James Potter.

 


Rating and Advisories (required): Teen Audiences (None)
Content Warnings (optional): None

Genre: Angst, Drama, General

Tropes: Careers, Family, Friendship, Sports

Story Type: Novellette (under 25,000 words)
Completed · Published: 13 Jan 2020 · Updated: 23 Jan 2020 · Words: 14250 · Chapters: 6 · Reviews: 11 · Likes: 2 · Reads: 11003

Series: None



1. Supernova by RonsGirlFriday (2460 words) · 6 Reviews · 2 likes

For a wild moment, James thought the second Bludger had taken his arm off completely.  It felt like there was absolutely nothing attached to his shoulder.  Except for pain.  Searing, blinding, unfathomable pain.


2. Hubble's Law by RonsGirlFriday (1905 words) · 3 Reviews · 0 likes

This time last year, James could have beaten Boyd with one arm tied behind his back.  But his body just didn’t work the same anymore.


3. Retrograde by RonsGirlFriday (2766 words) · 2 Reviews · 0 likes

“Why do you want me to stay on the team?”


“Oh, the idealist in me would say the answer is team spirit, hope, faith, resilience, perseverance, and every other thing I know you’re not feeling right now.  But considering the current state of things, I’ll tell you it’s because your contract runs the length of the season and we haven’t got any other reserve Seekers.”


4. Black Hole by RonsGirlFriday (3180 words) · 0 Reviews · 0 likes

“You’re really pathetic,” he said quietly.


 


His reflection said the same thing.


5. Nebula by RonsGirlFriday (2582 words) · 0 Reviews · 0 likes

“I suggest you look up ‘self-pity’ and see whose photo is next to it.”


6. Quasar by RonsGirlFriday (1357 words) · 0 Reviews · 0 likes

The stars may have been dim from here, and perhaps in Wolverhampton, too, but James reckoned they shone a little brighter in the clear air at Hogwarts, just as they would on the outskirts of Puddlemere during their match against the Kestrals.