the faking it challenge: results
the premise of this challenge was pretty simple - write a fic featuring fake dating in some way, shape, or form. i got so many creative twists on the trope with so many different characters, pairings, and settings. after the long wait for results (spurred on largely by the fact that i review at the pace of a Mildly Intoxicated Turtle™ and had a lot of entries to wade through), i'm so excited to announce the winners!
i had ten fantastic fake dating fics to read and enjoy, and i loved every single one in its own way (not to mention, i seem to have spurred on quite a few multi-chapter fics, so the legacy of this challenge will live on ). the entries were:
- coriaceous, an inventive choose-your-own-adventure modern AU dramione, by @Rumpelstiltskin
- courtship as a public affair, a 'fake date to get my parents off my back' with a twist, by @crestwood
- desperate measures, a delightfully narrated wolfstar, by @poppunkpadfoot
- fake it til you make it, a scorose fake engagement prank gone completely awry, by @MadiMalfoy
- home, a tedoire novel featuring the classic christmas holiday fake dating and some exploration of darker themes as well, by @sunshine_locks
- it'll be alright, a modern au wolfstar featuring the whole cast of characters, by @Lacey Black
- passionfruit (the should've seen it coming remix), a spin-off fic featuring characters coming to terms with their sexualities, by @facingthenorthwind
- playing with fire, a drastoria full of illegal activity, angstiness, and a healthy dollop of smut, by @grumpy cat
- the art of confidence, a lysander/oc novel that starts out with quite a bang, by @nott theodore
- weekend fiancée, a dramione fake engagement fic, by @juls
and now, the winners!
in second place, receiving 4 award reviews - playing with fire by @grumpy cat!
congratulations, y'all - be sure to PM me what you'd like reviewed!
and a massive thank you to everyone who wrote an entry; i'm delighted with the number of new fake dating fics on the archive!
(award graphics by me)