Hello, my dears! This is going to be a short entry, but I'd love to start conversations with anyone who's seen any of the shows I've watched in quarantine! I don't know if they have enough interest to justify an entire thread in Other Fandoms, so I thought I'd just put them here and await your replies! Of course, I also highly recommend any and all of these!
To preface: I didn't watch much anime growing up (mostly just Sailor Moon since it was on Cartoon Network—and I 100% acknowledge that Amara and Michelle greatly influenced my sexual awakening), so I suppose I'm just now catching up on being an anime fan well into my 20s. Which also sort of means that I'm only now watching shows that ended like a decade ago, haha. All the same, if you've seen any of these, for sure let me know so I'm not totally alone!
The Dragon Prince (available on Netflix)
- Okay, the only non-anime I'll list from my Quarantine Media Consumption list is this lovely little Netflix original series. It's precious and adorable and made by the same guys who created Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra (two of the best shows ever made tbh).
Yu Yu Hakusho (on Hulu)
- Possibly the most '90s thing I've ever watched, but wow does it have some good pacing. It's a very tournament-centered show, but that means it moves really nicely. Also, ain't nobody gonna convince me that Hiei and Kurama aren't a canonical couple.
Hunter x Hunter (Netflix)
- Holy wow. This may be my favorite anime of all time. The last two arcs (well, last real arc and then a mini-arc) aren't on Netflix yet, but the whole show is so good. It has some pacing issues (like...some arcs are 20 episodes and others are 60), but the characters are just so fabulous. The man who created YYH (see above) also created HxH, so it's good that he's a really good writer. Unfortunately, he's since had a huge bout of burnout and been unable to continue writing the HxH manga...so the anime is also "over" for the time being.
- But that's okay! Because ya girl is heavily obsessed with Killua/Gon and just wayyyy deep in the fanfiction world of them right now.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Netflix)
- Go. Watch. This. Show.
- Okay, this is also in the running for favorite anime. It is so well written. It's stunning. It's perfect. It's paced well and drawn well and the lore makes sense and every character is compelling and interesting. And just...ldagkhdalgk. Ugh. It's just amazing.
- Also, Greed. (AKA the most perfect character to ever exist)
Death Note (Netflix)
- Whoa, guys. I just finished this one last week. It's very short and a very quick watch (37 episodes, ~14 hours), and yeah...it's way darker than any of the above-listed shows. But there's the obviously bisexual hero, L—Just look how he sits! He is one of us!—who is a darling in every way. (Go Google "bisexual people don't know how to sit in chairs." I relate to it so much, hahah.)
Assassination Classroom (Hulu)
- Okay. Y'all. Please. This show is a gem. It's so wholesome and adorable. And yeah, maybe 28 eighth graders are trying to kill their superhuman genetic experiment of a teacher, but still! It's so sweet.
Okay! That's it for now! I may update this post as our QMC expands! You're all lovely.
P.S. - What have you been watching lately? Any recommendations?