Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
scooterbug8515

Archive Issues/Bugs

Felpata_Lupin
11 minutes ago, toomanycurls said:

RSS.php looks at any story with a new chapter from the last 48 hours. If you have updated the story multiple updates then it changes the update time and extends how long your story stays in the rss.php page. This is where it can get weird. Let's say your last update was 10/19 @ 2 PM  and then you update again 10/20 @ 9 PM. Two updates within 48 hours cause your story to move up in the list of updates and causes the system to look at your last update time as 10/20 instead of 10/19. So if you update really close together (e.g. daily for a week) you won't get tweeted out until you've gone more than 48 hours between updates -- this is in part because your story stays in the rss.php page and the IFTTT only looks at stories that are newly added.. So if you update the same story 10/23 at 5 PM, the rss.php will add the story back to its list of newly updated stories. 

Okay, I got it (I think...) so I need to wait 48 hours from the last update to see if the tweet works?

PS thank you :wub:

Edited by Felpata_Lupin

MadiMalfoy

Hiya! This isn't really a major issue per se, but I thought I'd bring it up since it's happened multiple times to me. 

When I'm on Google Chrome, and I go to add an image to my story description, the box pops up to add the image, but then when I click "insert" the box doesn't go away, and the image doesn't get inserted. It does not do this when I'm in Firefox, but I just wanted to let you know that it was a weird thing happening! :shrugs: 

• Like 1

Stella Blue

This is... a pretty low priority issue, but I've noticed that the reviews left count no longer updates. Idk if this is happening to anyone else, or like, if I hit the limit or something haha, but I've left a number of reviews in the past couple if weeks but my reviews left count has remained the same for a while. Again not really an imprtant issue but figured I'd let you know there might be a bug? Thanks!

Sleepingbagonthesofa
6 hours ago, Stella Blue said:

This is... a pretty low priority issue, but I've noticed that the reviews left count no longer updates. Idk if this is happening to anyone else, or like, if I hit the limit or something haha, but I've left a number of reviews in the past couple if weeks but my reviews left count has remained the same for a while. Again not really an imprtant issue but figured I'd let you know there might be a bug? Thanks!

This has also happened to me over the last couple of weeks. It was only two reviews so it's not an important issue in the slightest but while they appear on the stories under my name they aren't included in my review count. 

Recent Badges

toomanycurls

I ran a review count update thingy. Let me know if it is correct now. 

• Like 1

Stella Blue
On 10/31/2018 at 2:43 PM, toomanycurls said:

I ran a review count update thingy. Let me know if it is correct now. 

Well, I don't know what the correct number is supposed to be for me, because I wasn't really paying attention to it until I noticed that it had been that same number a while ago before I did a bunch of reviewing. Anyhow, it hasn't changed even since you ran the update thing.

Stella Blue

Sorry for the double post, but here's an update - I don't know what happened to the reviews in the interim as they never updated into the total, but regardless it does seem to be counting again when I leave new ones. Thanks!

Sleepingbagonthesofa

Hello! I've just added a new story and noticed that it had added itself into two series that it shouldn't be in. I've tried to edit it a couple of times and they keep coming up. Is there any way they could be edited out?

Oh my god ignore me I'm an idiot who just worked it out. Sorry!

:couch:

Edited by Sleepingbagonthesofa

Recent Badges

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.