Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
WriteYourHeartOut

The 100

MadiMalfoy

I'm also super excited but I can't watch it until next week probably so I'm likely going to be a couple of weeks behind due to finals and graduation from undergrad...but I will join in the conversation when I'm caught up!!

clevernotbrilliant

Ok, so I've definitely fangirled with a bunch of you already about this, but hey, you all know I've got lot of opinions about this show :P

Spoiler

- Ok, so I like Clarke, I really do. But damn. that was a lot of exposition in the beginning. There were bits and pieces that were absolutely important to our understanding, but I felt like a lot of that could have been pushed to flashbacks in later episodes.

- Y'all, I'm hyped to get to the bunker gang next episode, but I swear to god, if Abby is alive, I'm going to hurt someone. They never reset her brain from ALIE??? So she should have died????

- Ok, so onto my favorite part of the whole episode...Space Gang being nothing short of IconicTM

- John Murphy, King of Dramatics, love of my life. Banishing yourself in space with only six other people because someone may have expressed positive emotions towards you...we really are Peak MurphyTM and I am living for it. 

- Also, Bellamy "I Will Kick Your Ass Until You Say You're Not Trash" Blake

- I just...we are actually getting the Murven bromance that we've deserved since season one and it is more than I ever could have hoped for

Any speculation about what's going to happen next?

• Like 1

MadiMalfoy

Okay so I also have some thoughts about this opening episode too since I finally watched it online last night!!

Spoiler
  • I agree, it was a lot of exposition with Clarke, but I feel like we did need to see the meeting between her and Madi initially to understand their dynamic later on. Otherwise, there was definitely some stuff that could have been left for later
  • I also am unsure of just how many of those that were in the bunker (that we cared about/had actual names) are still going to be alive and/or maimed from what those last few seconds indicated
  • Bellamy/Echo......not my fave AT ALL since I'm a Bellarke stan, but I guess it makes sense considering there is only 6 of them in space, and he and Raven had already tried it once without luck. 
  • I'm LOVING the Bellamy/Murphy bromance happening with all of Murphy's theatrics and Bellamy's not-taking-that-shit attitude, and also the Murven bromance too!! BESTIES please!!!

As far as speculation goes, I honestly don't have any idea!! There's several different plots happening now from the opening episode, so I think we'll be seeing how SpaceKru comes back down and also the actual status of the bunker. There will definitely be conflict with the Eligius Corporation people, but I'm sure that will not be 100% set up yet in the second episode because there's so much else going on (as always).

• Like 1

dreamgazer220

I'm here to agree with pretty much everything that's already been said.

Spoiler
  • I love Clarke. She's one of my favorite characters, a lead I surprisingly root for (I usually go for the minor ones). But yeah, I 100% agree. It wasn't the best way to start off the season. We could've started with Clarke/Madi meeting, or Clarke/Madi by the fire, and told through flashbacks for the rest -- I get where they were going, but it didn't totally work for the premier, I don't think.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:33 AM, clevernotbrilliant said:

Y'all, I'm hyped to get to the bunker gang next episode, but I swear to god, if Abby is alive, I'm going to hurt someone. They never reset her brain from ALIE??? So she should have died????

• I'm pretty sure someone mentioned something about Abby in the premier, but I could be lying. I have a feeling she is alive based on the previews/trailers, but they better have a damn good explanation as to how since they went through the whole thing with Raven at the end of season 4. Please don't hurt me, but you can scream in my general direction :ninja:
  • Spacekru Family is going to be my favorite, I can tell already. I love everyone, and I'm so excited for the Bellamy/Murphy dynamic/bromance and Murven, of course. Endgame should be Bellarke and Murven, nothing else makes sense. They've gone through so much together and I'm excited to see how Murphy's time in space has changed him into more of a family/team player. 

• I'm also here for the Emori/Raven friendship even though I don't like Emori. AND HOW DID MONTY AND HARPER'S RELATIONSHIP SURVIVE THE SIX YEAR TIME JUMP??? These things I need to know.

• Madi is awesome, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about her but I'm enjoying her a lot so far! I think she's going to be great for Clarke, and I'm super excited to see how this motherly role changes her leadership decisions.

• Bellamy/Echo, just no. I try to be all mature, like they can be with whoever they want, but ugh. I do like that she mentioned it took him three years to forgive her, and admittedly, boy shouldn't be alone and depressed forever because he thinks Clarke's dead. So I am curious to see how they came about, but Bellamy's right -- Octavia is the least of Echo's concerns. She should be worried the second Bellamy finds out Clarke's alive.  "Nonromantic soulmates", give me a break, JRoth.

I don't really have any speculations. I am wondering if someone has to be left behind for the SpaceFam to go back to Earth, but that's based off of nothing, it would just be like JRoth to do something like that.  

I'm super excited for all the reunions though!! The Blake siblings, Bellarke (obviously), but also Kane/Bellamy is going to be great to see. I'm so excited we're finally at season 5, because I have a feeling we're going to go back to season 1 Bellarke (just based on interviews and things I've watched) but with all the history through the seasons and I'm so here for it. :wub:

MadiMalfoy
Spoiler
10 hours ago, dreamgazer220 said:

Bellamy/Echo, just no. I try to be all mature, like they can be with whoever they want, but ugh. I do like that she mentioned it took him three years to forgive her, and admittedly, boy shouldn't be alone and depressed forever because he thinks Clarke's dead. So I am curious to see how they came about, but Bellamy's right -- Octavia is the least of Echo's concerns. She should be worried the second Bellamy finds out Clarke's alive.  "Nonromantic soulmates", give me a break, JRoth.

What did JRoth say about Bellarke "nonromantic soulmates" ??? Because like he's been playing ALL OF US FOR 4 YEARS IF SO!!!! If anything at all, it'd at least be nice to get a taste of Bellarke endgame and then tear it away or something so we at least get SOMETHING canon for them. But anyway...

I'm very curious to see how they play out the Emori/Murphy dynamic as they clearly didn't make it through the 6 years, but I'm also kind of curious what Raven got up to then, did her and Bellamy ever find each other again and do soemthing similar to season 1 since the other 4 were obviously paired up (at the time) and Echo definitely wasn't friendly? 

I've been avoiding any online speculation about the season in general because I want my showing to be free of that. But I'm also VERY curious about Abby's situation. What about Kane? Are they a thing still? 

Also, as a hold-back from season 4, did they ever reveal if Miller's dad was floated or not since SpaceCru left for Raven and they had more spots now?? I just love Miller and his dad's relationship, so I want closure!!

I'm watching the second episode tomorrow night (bc finals studying tonight) so I'll have more thoughts then!

zephyra.
Spoiler

I'm so glad this show is finally back. I need Bellamy to go find Clarke right this second. You can't tell me there's nothing there considering Clarke tried reaching out to him every day for 6 years. I don't know how Echo happened but I need it to not. I don't hate her character but she does not need to be with Bell. Also Monty and Harper are forever meant to be. I do want to see what has been happening the past several years with everyone and how things came to be. 

• Like 1

MadiMalfoy

YOOOO I AM FREAKING OUT ABOUT TONIGHT'S EPISODE!!!! (5X03, "Sleeping Giants") Also, some commentary on 5x02 below the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

SO FIRST OF ALL,,,,

MY FAVES HAVE REUNITED WITH LITERALLY ALL OF THE DRAMA LEFT IN THAT PRAIMFAYA-RAVAGED WORLD AND I AM HERE FOR IT!!!

Madi saying "Bellamy? Clarke knew you would come." literally died, am typing this from heaven rn.

His RIDICULOUSLY DRAMATIC ENTRANCE---the rover lights on, him in the dark speaking, then stepping into the light, dear GOD WHAT A DRAMA QUEEN!!!!

283 lives for 1? "She must be pretty important to you." "She is." HOT DAMN BELLAMY BLAKE!!!

AND SPACEKRU making it to the ground!!!! Murven up in the Eligius ship, definitely going to be a fun development!!!

I'm very curious to see how the Madi/Bellamy/Spacekru relationship goes since clearly she was readily open to helping them and whatnot compared to how she was when Clarke first met her and such. 

Now onto 5x02 commentary.....

SLAY OCTAVIA SLAY!!! (literally and figuratively of course)

Clearly Jason knew we wouldn't forget about Abby's unfixed ALIE condition, as she still has headaches so I'm very curious to see how that's turned out after 6 years in the bunker. 

Octavia coming into her power and being all "You are Wonkru or an enemy of Wonkru. Choose." YESSSSS!!!!! SO here for her leading!!

Okay so yeah that's my thoughts...

• Like 1

dreamgazer220

Okay so I have a lot of feelings, but rather than go through all of them again, I'm just going to say that so far season 5 is the best season since season 2, and that's with my intense love of season 4. 

Just some minor things I'm going to squeal about, so spoilers through 5x4 [beware]:  

Spoiler
  • RAVEN AND MURPHY. That is all. I'm so happy they're finally exploring this friendship and I am so here if they give us this ship. I didn't really start shipping them until season 4, about midway through, but I'm definitely on board.
  • Bellamy and Clarke's reunion. Everything about it was so soft and intimate and perfect and just, my heart exploded, okay? :wub: :bliss:  But I forgot, these two are definitely Platonic. :eyeroll:
  • The bad guys are super super interesting, and I'm really eager to learn more about everyone, but especially Shaw. 
  • I love Octavia, but are you going to tell me that she hasn't matured in the last six years? Seriously? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

• Like 1

MadiMalfoy

I agree with all of the things you’ve said!! I really hope they give Octavia more of a chance to flesh out her character arc and show that she has changed in the 6 years since entering the bunker. 

More thoughts I had:

Spoiler

THE GENTLE HUG AND LATER SHOULDER TOUCH between Bellarke ugh just RIP me 

I’m very curious to see how these differing factions within the eligius group will be developed and if that nice lieutenant guy will end up switching sides

I’m also happy that everyone is out of the bunker now so it’s just split between two locations

• Like 1

clevernotbrilliant

So here are my very composed and sophisticated thoughts on 5x04:

Spoiler

MURVEN

MURVEN

MURVEN 

• MURVEN

MURVEN

1. MURVEN

MURVEN

Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MadiMalfoy

Hey so now that we've got another break this week (ugh CW wth are y'all doing???) what did you think of 5x05 & 5x06???

Spoiler
  • I'm LIVING for Octavia's character development!!!
  • I'm LIVID for Bellamy & Echo just not giving Clarke a gosh darn break from having to see them make out (5x06)
  • Madi growing into her own self is sooooo good and I am so excited to see how her training goes with Octavia and what her being a true Nightblood means for Wonkru
  • I want to see Raven again plz I miss my girl and I hope she's okay
  • I also really want to see if Clarke & Bellamy will get their crap together and figure this new regime under Octavia out so they can be besties again
  • Emori and Murphy!>!>!
  • Explosions are fun....especially when you get a hostage out of it!!!

I'm honestly kind of upset with all of these interruptions and I just want the rest of the season now, okay?!

dreamgazer220
On 6/12/2018 at 1:13 AM, MadiMalfoy said:

I'm honestly kind of upset with all of these interruptions and I just want the rest of the season now, okay?!

SAME. We've honestly waited long enough, and I haven't even been waiting as long as others have because I watched all 4 seasons on Netflix. 

My thoughts for 5x5-5x6 [I'll leave 5x7 out, in case you haven't seen it yet]

Spoiler
  • The head and the heart conversation in the tent. MY HEART EXPLODED. Also proof that Bellamy clearly had time to tell Clarke about Echo and just conveniently forgot all the times they were alone and never told her.
  • It's also interesting that Bellamy is still very much "my family, my responsibility" a la Spacekru, and Clarke links right back into it as soon as they're together. He doesn't ask her to come along, she just goes right there with him because that's what they do. 
  • I'm still living for how many times they showed Clarke's reaction to Becho - now that we know how she feels about it, it can go away. Shame that Bellamy seems to really love her. Boy loves deep.
  • I love Octavia so much, but am honestly a little tired of Bloodrania. 
  • 1000% here for Madi. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about her, but she's sassy and smart and so very clearly Clarke's daughter. I love their dynamic. 
  • The only plot that made sense to me in 5x6 was Emori and Murphy. Also, Raven would've been so proud of that explosion, you guys.
  • Bellarke as Protective Parents over Madi is my aesthetic.
  • really want to trust Octavia with Madi but... I can't help but not? 
  • So here for cool Aunt Gaia, though. I'm enjoying her this season.
  • Whatever happened to Ethan? 

On a related note, what I love so much about this show is the character development. You can hate someone in season 1 (Kane, Murphy) and then by season 5 absolutely adore them. And you can go into season 5 expecting Diyoza to be the total villain, but actually kind of rooting for her? It's wild, and I love it so much.

And I hate all this Bellarke dysfunction in season 5 from a fan aspect, but from a writer's aspect, it's amazing, and hopefully the payoff will be worth it. 

• Like 1

dreamgazer220

Okay sorry for the double post, but I am still reeling from 5x8 and the last five minutes. The episode was amazing - Bob, Lindsey, Chris, and Marie deserve all the freaking awards. I don't know how they do it, and Monty almost made me cry, like, three times.

And. AND AND.

Spoiler

WHO YOU LOVE.  WHO YOU LOVE. WHO YOU LOVE.

If anyone wants to come yell in PMs with me, I'm more than happy to oblige. I am not over this. 😂😍

• Like 2

MadiMalfoy

Girl I know me too!!!

i literally squealed out loud at that scene and everything that happened in it!!.!.!

i’m so pumped for the next episode because I just feel like shit is going to hit the fan not only with diyoza but also with Wonkru and spacekru! 

MadiMalfoy

ALRIGHTY Y'ALL BUCKLE UP BECAUSE I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE SEASON 5 FINALE AND I AM NOT. OKAY. 

HUGE SPOILERS UNDER THE CUT

Spoiler

I literally alternated between crying and cheering/going wtf for the entire 2-part season finale and just aghchghcg. 

So Commander Madi -- HELL YEAH + Clarke no longer helicopter parenting is also good

Octavia wanting a warrior's death but never getting it -- how is she going to handle everything that happened in the last six years up to now after they all wake up from cryosleep?

ALSO CRYOSLEEP FOR 125 YEARS!!!!!

I'm super excited though for season 6 because everyone's going to wake up feeling the exact same way they did before going to sleep, but now they're going to have to work through all of that on a new planet. AND WITHOUT MONTY AND HARPER 😢 😢 😢 

I really want to know how Bellamy and Clarke are going to not only break that news to everyone, but also that they have a son too. Also, Bellamy and Clarke need to talk about their Feelings towards each other before everyone wakes up to prevent stupid discourse from happening!!

Guys, 

I literally had tears STREAMING down my face for the entire LAST 10 MINUTES OF THE FINALE 😭😭😭😭😭😭 Just having to watch Harper and Monty age was the most heartbreaking thing I've seen on television in a long ass time and it gives me all of the feels. Seeing Jordan though, man is he a perfect mixture of Harper and Monty, down to the voice inflections and speaking mannerisms. I'm sure everyone was crying their eyes out while filming all of those vignettes and especially when they were all put together for Bellamy and Clarke to watch. 

IN CONCLUSION: I AM A MESS 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. 

• Like 1

MadiMalfoy

Heyo season 5 is now available on Netflix! :yay:

Guess who's going to cry once again a lot of times as she (eventually) starts a rewatch all the way from the beginning of season 1? (this girl) 🖐️

Also just your lovely reminder that 

Spoiler

Monty and Harper are gone forever 😭

• Sad 2