Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our January Bulletin is up - check it out for a quick HPFT orientation or refresher!
  • The Great Collab of 2018-19 is underway!
  • Our Magical Menagerie review event has officially begun!
WriteYourHeartOut

Draco Malfoy/Hermione Granger

WriteYourHeartOut

To be honest, I'm not a huge Dramione shipper, but there are those few that I gave a chance and really stuck with me!

Title: Seized

Author: HeyMrsPotter

Link(s): Here (M)

Length / Completed: Novel, 58k+, one chapter from being completed

Additional Pairing(s): Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Draco/Astoria

Genre(s): Mystery, Romance, Action/Adventure

Summary: Astoria Greengrass has been kidnapped. Draco is so desperate to find her that he enlists the help of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. With a growing list of suspects, and Draco keeping secrets, finding her seems an impossible task. And if they do find her, how will she react to the friendship that is blossoming between Draco and Hermione?

Reasons for recommending: Dee is such a talented writer, and this is one of my favorites of hers. I love how slow-building the relationship between Draco and Hermione is, how plausible HeyMrsPotter makes them seem, the layers of mystery and suspense, and really anything else you could think of to enjoy about a Dramione!

abhorsen.

Title: Rule Breaker

Author: DracoFerret11

Link(s): HPFF

Length / Completed: 128,368 words / Yes

Other Pairing(s): Draco Malfoy/Hermione Granger

Genre(s): Drama, Mystery, Romance

Summary: [disregards DH] With Death Eaters in Hogwarts and the wizarding world at war, a mysterious murder will only further Head Girl, Hermione Granger's confusion. Especially when the prime suspect, Draco Malfoy, swears his innocence. With Hermione befriending a possible killer and the time for hunting Horcruxes running out, seventh year may prove to be not just difficult, but deadly.

Title: Tread On My Dreams

Author: Helen Jay / Helen J Haslam

Link(s): FFnet | HPFF

Length / Completed: 137,391 words / Completed

Pairing(s): Draco Malfoy/Hermione Granger

Genre(s): Drama, Action/Adventure, AU

Summary: Draco is lost. Harry’s is the world in trouble now, but it’s Draco’s past that is catching up to them. Fast.

Reasons for recommending: This is technically the second fic of a trilogy, but I think you can probably pick it up without reading the first one (though I recommend reading the first as well, because it's amazing and Draco is great in that as well).

hecate

Title: Pirates

Author: singerhotti24

Link(s): +HPFF

Length / Completed: 175, 632 words / Yes

Other Pairing(s): Hermione/Ron, Harry/Hermione, Hermione/OC, Ron/OC

Genre(s): Action/Adventure, AU, Young Adult

Summary: Pirates and Nobles: this very game gives a new definition to every witch and wizard. Murder doesn't come with regret, fighting doesn't come without scars, and hate treads a fine line with lust, not love. This very game was invented for inner house unity. To be honest, the murdering and hanging doesn't really help.

Reasons for recommending: I don't usually read Dramione but this completely sucked me in. The whole plot and the characters and everything is wonderfully written and I must admit, I've read this more than once!

FireOpal

A word of warning: this story contains an ‘arranged marriage’ plotline, which I know some people feel uncomfortable about.

Title: A Muggle-born Magic

Author: Musyc

Link(s): AO3 (Mature)

Length / Completed: Completed at 50358 words

Pairing(s): Hermione/Draco

Genre(s): AU, Historical Fiction, (Regency) Romance,

Summary: Regency-era AU. Physician's daughter Hermione Granger finds herself in need of a way to pay off her father's debts after his death. Draco Malfoy, retired from the politics of the Isolationists, a group of pure-bloods bent on separating 'true' magic from lesser folk, finds himself in need of a tutor for his son, Scorpius, who appears to be incapable of magic and must learn to survive in a world without it. […]

Reasons for recommending: This is the only Dramione that I’ve ever truly loved. I can see the appeal of the ship theoretically, but with things the way they are in canon I can never see them working out in canon or canon-adjacent stories. (I ship Ginny/Draco, though, so lol hypocrite, haha.) This AU, though. <3 I love regency romances, and I love worldbuilding, and this story combines the two into the perfect match – just like Hermione and Draco turn out to be in the story, hehe.

BellaLestrange87

Title: Unrequited Snowfall

Author: wolfgirl17 / KittenWolf17

Link(s): HPFF (M) Ao3 (M)

Length / Completed: 8102 words / yes

Additional Pairings: Ron/Lavender

Genre(s): Romance

Summary: Draco Malfoy has a secret. An Infatuation. An obsession.

BellaLestrange87

Title: Contours

Author: GryffindorGirl153

Link: HPFF (Mature)

Length / Completed: 27 chapters / 161,660 words / yes

Additional Pairings: none

Genre(s): Drama, Romance

Summary: Hermione glanced at him, then back to the reporter. “Yes.” She finally said. “It is true.” Despite her words, she was glaring at Draco as she spoke. “I am engaged to Draco Malfoy.”

MadiMalfoy

This fic is based around a Marriage Law, which may bother some people, but it develops into a really lovely (and hot ;)) relationship and story! Plus it's extremely long, so HELLO days of reading! I highly recommend this for any fellow Dramione shippers :)

Title: The Alkahest

Author: shadukaim

Link(s): AO3 (M)

Length / Completed: 347k words, 75 chapters, WIP

Additional Pairing(s): Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley

Genre(s): Romance, Drama

Summary: The Marriage Law, once enacted, has the power to destroy Hermione's perfectly normal life. Luckily, she and Ron are already planning to obey the horrific law together as a team... Until a Malfoy-shaped wrench gets thrown into the works. Dramione.

Reasons for recommending: This story is really well done as it is first and foremost a Marriage Law fic, but the author doesn't make it terrible. It's used precisely and the relationship between Draco & Hermione is by no means rushed in any manner! This starts when they are all around 24 years old (7 years after the war, everything through canon is true here) and so it's very well done where they all have adult jobs and lives, but still like to get drunk with their friends. The setbacks and fights and romance between Draco and Hermione seem realistic but also just fantastical enough to make you want to keep reading through the next chapter.

lovegood27

Title: The Green Girl

Author: Colubrina

Link(s): FFnet (Rated T, which is 13+)

Length / Completed: Completed at 150,508 words

Additional Pairing(s): Other pairing

Genre(s): Romance, AU

Summary: Hermione is sorted into Slytherin; how will things play out differently when the brains of the Golden Trio has different friends? AU. Darkish Dramione.

Reasons for recommending: It's written so well; Hermione really seems to fit in with the Slytherins without straying too far from the character we know her as. The author also manages to weave in an intricate plot which shows that Slytherins aren't nearly as bad as we think they are. It's a great story, and definitely worth reading.

ShazaLupin

Title: Our First christmas without you

Author: MalfoysAngels

Link(s): Teen

Length / Completed: Complete, one shot, 376

Pairing(s): Draco/Hermione

Genre(s): Hurt/Comfort

Summary: Draco visits the grave of his beloved.

Reasons for recommending: Okay, so I'm not a Dramione fan but this fic I actually really liked. You can really feel Draco's pain and I actually felt really sorry for him, in so few words you can really feel the love Draco felt for Hermione and the pain he feels now that she's gone.

Recent Badges

forever_dreaming

Title: Destiny

Author: Annie Lockwood

Link(s): FFnet (T)

Length / Completed: 144,214 / Yes

Pairing(s): Draco/Hermioe

Genre(s): Drama, Romance

Summary: Hermione's wedding night is everything but perfect for the young witch. Her new husband and long-time friend, Ronald, is passed out drunk and she thinks upon her life leading up to that night. Hermione falls asleep, despondent and alone. When she wakes up the following morning, she is still in bed with her husband. But it isn't Ronald Weasley.

Reasons for recommending: Ahhh where do I even start?? This story is my go-to if anyone asks for a Dramione recommendation. What I love about it most is Hermione's character development especially. She develops independently of her relationship with Draco and definitely a lot with her children too (who are super adorable), but she's still kept in character. I love the strength of Draco and Hermione's relationship, which isn't based on sexual attraction, really, but rather an understanding of one another's pain. It's really a fantastic fic!

MadiMalfoy

Title: House Guest 
Author: BBHP
Link(s): clicky+
Length / Completed: 2 chapters, 5200 words / No
Additional Pairing(s): None
Genre(s): Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Summary: When Hermione signed herself up to provide a home for a ward of the Ministry, this was not what she had in mind.
Reasons for recommending: BBHP opens with a 4 years post-War scene where Hermione attempts to break up a beating and discovers her schoolyard enemy is out of Azkaban after his trial after the war. This is shaping up so far to be a moving piece with some romance thrown in and a solid brother/sister relationship between Harry & Hermione while they work at the Ministry of Magic and Draco Malfoy is also dealing with Hermione in a new way that he hasn't had to before.