Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our January Bulletin is up - check it out for a quick HPFT orientation or refresher!
  • The Great Collab of 2018-19 is underway!
  • Our Magical Menagerie review event has officially begun!
WriteYourHeartOut

Helga Hufflepuff/Godric Gryffindor

WriteYourHeartOut

When I first joined Pottermore and was sorted into Hufflepuff, it came with this quote as part of its welcome message:

However, it’s true that Hufflepuff is a bit lacking in one area. We’ve produced the fewest Dark wizards of any house in this school. Of course, you’d expect Slytherin to churn out evil-doers, seeing as they’ve never heard of fair play and prefer cheating over hard work any day, but even Gryffindor (the house we get on best with) has produced a few dodgy characters.

Disregarding the rather harsh view on Slytherins (Sorry, Snakes! Love you all! <3), the mention of Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors getting along best just struck me as so cute. And it makes me think that back when Hogwarts was first being founded, Helga and Godric probably got along well, too. I think that though there are obviously some base differences between what makes a Hufflepuff and what makes a Gryffindor, I do believe we actually value very similar things. So with Helga and Godric, I just think it's so sweet to imagine that through a close friendship, they later grew to love each other. Even though I don't think it lasted (because of lineage facts that seem to not quite add up with this pair), I think they were probably adorably together for a time.

What do you think about these two?

scooterbug8515

Okay, so while I am a hardcore Helga/Salazar shipper, I also sort of ship this too! I always thought that there was sort of a triangle thing with Salazar/Helga/Godric thing where both men loved and adored her.  I mean come on, how is it possible not to adore an absolutely cute Puff?  (Okay so I'm a bit biased *snuggles the puffs*)

Anyway I do think that there were affections between Godric and Helga.  As you pointed out Tanya there are certain lineage things that indicate that things were not lasting between Helga and Godric.  Maybe it is because she went with Salazar?  I know there are potential lineage things with him too but at the same time I have unique thoughts on how things could have and couldn't have worked. 

Shadowkat678

Personally, I've always thought of it like an older brother little sister relationship, but I could see it being cute.