Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
Alopex

Staff Review Thread

Alopex

Welcome to the Staff Review Thread!

This review thread will be run jointly by all current staff.  We'll take turns filling review requests that you post here.  Come on in and don't be shy! :D

• Story must be posted on the HPFT Archives.
  • Three slots open at a time.  We'll skip you if you post when we're full!
  • We'll read anything, though be warned we may not be familiar with all fandoms!
  • One chapter at a time, though if it's super-short like a drabble, you can request multiple chapters up to a total word count of 500 words.
  • Any story length is fine, but because this thread will be run by multiple people, it can be hard to jump into the middle of a story.  We'll do our best!
    • You may indicate a preference for a particular staffer to fulfill your request, but we can't guarantee that's who will review.

You can use this form to post your request.  At the very least, we will need the chapter link!

[b]Link to Chapter(s):[/b]
[b]Word Count:[/b]
[b]Summary:[/b]
[b]Advisories:[/b]
[b]Genre:[/b]
[b]Main Characters:[/b]
[b]Ships:[/b]
[b]Areas of Concern:[/b]
[b]Preferred Staffer (if applicable):[/b]

Recent Badges

MalfoysAngel

Yayay First to request! I'll be nice and give you what I hope is an easy one...if nothing else I can guarantee it is short :P

Link to Chapter(s): My Kryptonite
Word Count: 169
Summary: 

I wish I may, I wish I might, have the strength, to cut him out of my life.

Advisories: None
Genre: Original Fiction
Main Characters: Original Female Character
Ships: None
Areas of Concern: This was written for the Grand Opening Drabble challenge and I'd love to write more short pieces like this, I basically would like general thoughts and first impressions on the relatability of the piece. It was inspired by a personal experience that I went through so I want to know if people can relate to it and how believable the piece is.
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): No preference but Branwen reviewed this when it was first validated. 

• Like 1

TidalDragon

Here you go, Tasha! It's an excellent piece! Thanks for being the first to dive into our thread!

#first

Diogenissa

Link to Chapter(s):  Misconstrued (M)
Word Count:  3284
Summary:    

“I'm no lunatic man! I'm a sane man fighting for his soul!”  -- R.M. Renfield (Bram Stoker’s Dracula, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, 1992)

Frank Longbottom awakens to find himself on the inside looking out.

Advisories:  Spoilers, Violence
Genre:  Dark/Horror
Main Characters:  Longbottom Family, Bellatrix Lestrange
Ships:  Frank/Alice
Areas of Concern:  This is a story that I am very proud of and hasn't gotten a lot of love.  Aside from general thoughts, I'm looking for flow, characterization, and believability.
Preferred Staffer (if applicable):  n/a

(Thank you! :wub:)

MuggleMaybe

Link to Chapter(s): +Skewed Toward Truth (M)

Word Count: 2139

Summary: Three times Alicia kissed a boy, and one time she didn't.

Advisories: Substance Abuse

Genre: Fluff, Romance

Main Characters: Alicia Spinnet

Ships: Alicia Spinnet/Lee Jordan, Alicia Sinnet/Oliver Wood, Alicia Spinnet/Katie Bell

Areas of Concern: Mostly I'm just craving general feedback on this, since it's the first thing I've written in a long while. I am interested in revising this piece as needed, so CC is welcome.

Preferred Staffer (if applicable): anyone is fine!

This is such an awesome thread! Thank you for doing this! :wub:

Edited by MuggleMaybe

RoxiMalfoy

Completed Misconstrued by Diogenissa. Review can be found +Here. Thanks so much for the request Karen, I absolutely loved this one-shot!! :D

There are still 2 slots open, if anyone else wants to get their requests in too!!  xD

SLOTS:

1. Skewed Toward Truth (M) by MuggleMaybe

2. OPEN!!

3. OPEN!!!

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
Review for Diogenissa is now completed!
  • Thanks 1

LadyL8

Skewed Toward Truth is actually on my reading list, so I'm gonna take the opportunity to finally read it. Here+ you go Renee. Thank you so much for requesting. I really loved it! :)

And all three slots are now open :D

SLOTS:

1. OPEN!!

2. OPEN!!

3. OPEN!!!

Edited by LadyL8
  • Like 1

poppunkpadfoot

Link to Chapter(s): +silence. death. (M)
Word Count: 3698
Summary: The war ends, and Remus Lupin loses everything.
Advisories: sexual content, violence
Genre: angst
Main Characters: Remus Lupin, Original Male Character
Ships: Remus Lupin/OC
Areas of Concern: just general feedback, if that's alright?
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): anyone <3

Edited by poppunkpadfoot

dreamgazer220

Guys, this is such a great idea.  :wub:

Link to Chapter(s): Unsteady (T)
Word Count: 3154
Summary:  Clarke Griffin falls apart.
Advisories: substance abuse, violence, spoilers (through 3x7), sexual content
Genre: angst, fluff, romance
Main Characters: Clarke Griffin, Bellamy Blake
Ships: Bellamy/Clarke
Areas of Concern: characterization, pacing, general feel of the fic 
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): Preferably someone familiar with The 100 for character/relationship purposes, but if that's not available, that's fine :) 
Edited by dreamgazer220

PaulaTheProkaryote

SNAG! Oh, Jill. You know the way to my heart. your review

Recent Badges

NPE
Hello wonderful people. I haven't really been on HPFT much despite signing up over a year ago - life has been uber-busy- but I now have time to come on here a lot more and I can't wait. I have done some edits to a story that was on hpff back in the old days.

Link to chapter: http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=1101&chapter=1

Word count: 6652 

Summary: It is 1976. Aurora Jane Meadows, buccaneering curse-breaking witch, returns home from the South China sea after hearing news of the death of her brother. Finding her country under a cloud of fear, gripped in the chaos of an emerging dark wizard known only as "You-Know-Who", she takes on the Ministry to discover the truth. 

Advisories: Sexual Assault, Sexual Content, Slavery, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence

* I know that number of advisories makes it sound really grim but it is all the advisories for the whole story. The first chapter only really has violence as one of the advisories. 

General Feedback: It feels too long, even after an edit, and too bogged down in exposition, does it drag at all? If so -where? 

Genre: Dark Horror/Mystery

Preferred Staffer: I have no real preference as I respect and value all the staffers on here immensely. Though if possible someone who didn't read this story on HPFF before I made changes would be best.

1917farmgirl

I THINK there is a spot open, but if I'm reading things wrong, please just ignore me.  And for the record, this is the most amazing idea ever.

Gonna request for my Merlin story, but if no one on staff wants to jump in and read that, I'll be happy with a review on anything on my page.

Link to Chapter(s):http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=1233 (M)
Word Count:First chapter is 1658 words. Fic total is 2956.
Summary:Kidnapped by a mad king, Arthur and Merlin must rely on each other like never before.  While Arthur struggles with choices that put his heart and duty at odds, Merlin struggles just to stay alive after being stripped of his magic and freedom. With impossible choices and heavy secrets weighing them down, can they manage to escape before all is lost? (Lots of bromance.)
Advisories:Domestic Abuse, Slavery, Violence
Genre:Action/Adventture, Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Main Characters: Merlin, Arthur Ships: Arthur/Gwen
Areas of Concern: I really just want to know what people think of it.
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): I love you all.

Edited by LadyL8
messed up text

RoxiMalfoy
20 minutes ago, 1917farmgirl said:

I THINK there is a spot open, but if I'm reading things wrong, please just ignore me.  And for the record, this is the most amazing idea ever.

Yes, sorry, there are definitely slots open still! Thanks so much @1917farmgirl we're so glad you like it!! Someone will get to your review ASAP!! ;)

SLOTS:

1. Rise of the Phoenix (chapter 1) [M] by: NPE94

2. Silence Cuts the Loudest Through the Chaos [M] by: 1917farmgirl

3. OPEN!!!

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
FYI: I was just posting to clear up the slot confusion. Both of these requests are still up for grabs. Sadly, I do not have time to R&R tonight. =(

LunaStellaCat

Link to Chapter(s):[url=http://archive.hpfanfictalk.com/viewstory.php?sid=1430&chapter=1]Monster(M)[/url]

Word Count:5700 Words (One-Shot)

Summary:It is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the monster and the man.  Written for the Body Positive Challenge and Wizards Around the World Challenge:Season 2.

Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content,Language, and Hate Speech

Genre:Drama

Main Characters: Emmeline Vance, Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Fleur Delacour, OC 

Ships: Is there one?  Bill Weasley and Emmeline Vance

Areas of Concern: I’ve been told that I don't implement culture.  Are there plot holes?  Is it a moveable plot?  Realistic dialogue and characterization?  Is it enjoyable?  Anything, really.  It was going to be part of a chaptered fic but I wanted it to stand alone.  Any feedback.

Preferred Staffer (if applicable):No preference.

LadyL8

I love Merlin so I'm gonna do Silence Cuts the Loudest Through the Chaos. Here+ you go, Jill. Thank you for requesting. I absolutely loved it! :)

SLOTS:

1. Monster (M) by LunaStellaCat

2. OPEN!!!

3. OPEN!!!

Edited by LadyL8

Crimson Quill
[b]Link to Chapter(s):[/b] Parisian Scars (M)
[b]Word Count:[/b]2010 words
[b]Summary:[/b] She almost flinched as Parvati reached out for her hand; something about the warmth touched Lavender in a way she hadn’t felt in months
[b]Advisories:[/b] Hate Speech, Self Harm/Suicide
[b]Genre:[/b] Angst
[b]Main Characters:[/b] Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil
[b]Ships:[/b] Lavender Brown/Parvati Patil 
[b]Areas of Concern:[/b] just general comments/thoughts really 
[b]Preferred Staffer (if applicable):[/b] I don't mind. 

BellaLestrange87

I just reviewed Parisian Scars!

SLOTS:

1. OPEN!!!

2. OPEN!!!

3. OPEN!!!

poppunkpadfoot

is it too soon for me to request again? disregard if so :)

Link to Chapter(s): October 31st (M)

Word Count: 4141

Summary: James and Lily Potter didn't have to die.

Advisories: violence

Genre: action/adventure, angst, dark/horror

Main Characters: James Potter I, Lily Evans-Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew

Ships: Remus Lupin/Sirius Black, James Potter/Lily Evans

Areas of Concern: general feedback mostly, but i have slight concerns about pacing and the level of detail :)

Preferred Staffer (if applicable): anyone <3

Edited by LadyL8
Unrated mature link

forever_dreaming

Thanks a ton for doing this! 

Link to Chapter(s): War Stories: courage (M)

Word Count: 3,387

Summary: What keeps Neville Longbottom up at night? 

Advisories: violence and profanity

Genre: General/Angst

Main Characters: Neville Longbottom, Seamus Finnegan, Alice Longbottom, Frank Longbottom, Amycus Carrow, Original Female Character & Original Male Character 

Ships: implied Hannah/Neville, implied Dean/Seamus 

Areas of Concern: General comments--were my descriptions over the top, did I capture the emotion sufficiently? I'm also a little concerned about my characterization of Neville.

Preferred Staffer: Any of you wonderful people would be great! ❤️

Edited by LadyL8
Unrated mature link

Felpata_Lupin

Going to grab the last slot, if that's okay :couch:

Link to Chapter(s): Dear Emmeline (A)

Word Count: 901

Summary: A year and something after her death, Severus writes Emmeline a letter.

For the Inter-House Friendship Challenge

Companion piece to Seven Years Later / In Between

Advisories: none (except being very sad)

Genre: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Epistolar

Main Characters: Severus Snape and Emmeline Vance (with references to Lily Evans and Edgar Bones)

Ships: none

Areas of Concern: just curious about your general thoughts :$

Preferred Staffer (if applicable): whoever feels like it. Thank you so much in advance. :freeze::grouphug:

LunaStellaCat

Link to Chapter(s):A Moment (M) 

Word Count: 4829 Words (One-Shot) 

Summary:Rolf Scamander needs a day off.  Written for MNFF’s Nineteen Years Later Challenge 1 September 2017.  

Advisories: Self-Harm, Substance Abuse & Violence 

Genre:Drama/ Next Generation 

Main Characters:Luna Lovegood, Newt Scamander and Rolf Scamander 

Ships:Rolf Scamander & Luna Lovegood 

Areas of Concern: I want to know if the dialogue is realistic or if it fits into the plot.  Ant feedback would be helpful.  

Preferred Staffer (if applicable): No preference.  If it’s top early to re-request, ignore.