Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
Alopex

Staff Review Thread

starbuck
Posted (edited)

okay lets make our lovely staffers review some more instead of just us members for the quodpot matches :P:bighug:

Link to Chapter(s): No Mercy. (M)

Word Count: 1930

Summary:

I said what I wanted when I soaked the muddy grass of the island with the blood of my enemies.

Advisories: Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crime/Mystery, Dark/Horror

Main Characters: original character

Ships: OC/OC

Areas of Concern: general thoughts? is it too hard to follow with code names (call signs)? does the action read well?

Preferred Staffer (if applicable): anyone :)

Edited by starbuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

MadiMalfoy
23 hours ago, starbuck said:

okay lets make our lovely staffers review some more instead of just us members for the quodpot matches :P:bighug:

Yes I agree :P 

Stopping in with my The 100 fic :ninjavanish:

Link to Chapter(s): Radioactive (M)  by MadiMalfoy 
Word Count: 13k words, 3 chapters (just the first is 4690 words)
Summary: Bellamy and Clarke constantly butted heads as they tried to lead the 100 under the watchful eye of Abby and Kane until they take things into their own hands in Mount Weather. What happens after Clarke leaves Camp Jaha and Bellamy is left alone to help govern their people and deal with the repercussions of the actions they took together?
*Season 3 speculation fic*
Advisories: eating disorders, self-harm, substance abuse, violence
Genre: action/adventure, drama, angst
Main Characters: Bellamy Blake, Clarke Griffin, Abby Griffin, Lexa, Lincoln, Marcus Kane, Octavia Blake, Raven Reyes
Ships: Bellamy Blake/Clarke Griffin, Lexa/Clarke Griffin, Octavia Blake/Lincoln, Raven Reyes/OC
Areas of Concern (if any): I wrote this way back in 2015 after the season 2 finale as a season 3 speculation fic. I also wrote it very quickly, so feedback on characterization, plot flow, and any other comments would be great. 
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): anyone familiar with The 100 would be great but not a huge deal  ^_^ 

• Haha 1

Renacerá

LSC, your review is complete! Kristina, I'm writing yours now! :) 

1. Radioactive (M) by MadiMalfoy
  2. OPEN!
  3. OPEN!

Alopex

I completed the review for MadiMalfoy. All slots are open!

1. Open
  2. Open
  3. Open

Recent Badges

juls

I love staff reviews! Being new here, I don't have too much up yet, but they're all one-shots. (I must be the one shot wonder,:wandinair:)

Link to Chapter(s):Cat's in the Cradle (All Audiences)

Word Count: 2475

Summary: The story of Argus Filch's (and Mrs Norris'!) early life before they ended up in Hogwarts.

Advisories: none

Genre: Angst, fluff, song fic

Main Characters: Argus Filch

Thanks in advance 🐍

potionspartner

Link to Chapter(s): The Eccentric Education of the Knight Bus (Either chapter 3 or 4)

Word Count: chapter 3-3854 words, chapter 4-5626 words. Each chapter is a stand-alone, so you can jump in whereever you would like.

Summary: Stan Shunpike's more interesting days as a conductor in the Knight Bus. 

Advisories: derogatory language, substance abuse

Genre: General, Humor

Main Characters: Stan Shunpike, Ernie Prang

Thank you!

Recent Badges

Chelts-rhj

Link to Chapter(s): True Accounts 

Word Count: 3,849

Summary:  Edward Remus Lupin. Teddy. Son of Nymphadora a.k.a Tonks and Remus Lupin. Godson to Harry Potter, The Chosen One. Metamorphmagus. Hufflepuff. Writer. Bartender... Convicted Murderer.

Advisories: Domestic Abuse, Violence

Genre: Crime/Mystery

Main Characters: Teddy Lupin, ‘Interviewer’

This one makes me nervous because it’s all dialogue. Tried to add description, but it messed up the mood so I left it alone. 

Recent Badges

Chelts-rhj

😅 True Accounts 

Guess that’s what I get for doing it on my phone at work. 

Recent Badges

Aphoride

Link to Chapter(s): six segments of a satsuma (t)
Word Count: 5131
Summary: 

Sunshine on white-blond hair,

Banks of tall, pointed pine,

A long walk once,

And your hand in mine. 

Advisories: None
Genre: Hurt/Comfort, Fluff, Romance
Main Characters: Scorpius Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, Astoria Greengrass, Louis Weasley, Albus Potter
Ships: Scorpius Malfoy/Louis Weasley
Areas of Concern: Anything you want to say - it's super out of my comfort zone so anything's good! ^_^ 
Preferred Staffer (if applicable): Nah whoever ^_^ 

Finefrenzy__

Don't mind if I do 😛

Story and Author Name, including link:  Golden Girl [M] by Finefrenzy__

Fandom/Era: Next Gen

Warnings and Advisories: Severe Content Issues, Substance Abuse, Derogatory Language, Violence, Eating Disorders, Hate Speech and Sexual Content

Genre: Drama, Angst, Romance, Fluff

Length: 5 chapters (including Prologue) [WIP]

Summary: We are a generation defined by the expectations upon us

Ships: Albus/OC

Areas of Concern: I'd appreciate feedback on the overall flow to the story. Does it read well? And just your general impression of the story.

Sleepingbagonthesofa

Snagging this spot 😋

Link to Chapter(s): Revival (M) 

Word Count: Novel, 7026 words. It's only two chapters so far so review whichever you'd like 😊

Summary:

"There are three sides to this story: Yours, mine and the one they'll print in The Prophet."

A drama-free Seventh Year would have been nice, I guess I'm not that lucky.

Advisories: Derogatory Language, Eating Disorders, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse

Genre: Romance, Drama, Humour 

Main Characters: Original Female Character, Louis Weasley, James Sirius Potter, Fred Weasley II, Lucy Weasley

Ships: Louis/OC

Areas of Concern: As I'm just starting out with this one I'd love any opinions on the character so far, what your first thoughts are on the situation she's in at the start of the novel and just any general feedback ^_^

Recent Badges

Alopex

I did chelts-rhj's review.

Recent Badges

potionspartner
Link to Chapter: I Hate Multicolored Days: http://hpfanfictalk.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2413
Word Count: 2282
Summary: When I was in Kindergarten, the teacher read us a story called My Many Colored Days. I hate many colored days. They always end in red. I hate red.
Advisories: Self-Harm, Violence
Genre: Angst, Drama
Areas of Concern: Nothing specific

Thank you for reading and reviewing!

Recent Badges