Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Make sure you stop by your common room to nominate for your house's yearly awards!
  • Check out the FROGS awards
  • which have (finally) been posted in the staff blog!
  • This is the last month of the collab - get those stories in!
WriteYourHeartOut

Earworm

Lacey Black

Grow as we go by Ben Platt

grumpy cat

billie eilish - when the party's over (sadly this one is definitely TAOBN related)

TidalDragon

maybe, i'm afraid by lovelytheband

grumpy cat

i've been waiting for someone to post so i wouldn't totally take over this topic 😂

billie eilish - when you see me in a crown

something wicked

@starbuck I’m blaming you for this one 😂

billie eilish - bad guy 

• Haha 1

belgian quaffle

this feeling- the chainsmokers ft kelsea ballerini

down-in-flames

surprisingly, not taylor swift's new song (although it's been stuck in there for a while) :P

out of my hands - shy martin, because honest to god everything she writes is perfect for working on complex 

something wicked

Yes I know I posted in here this morning but I’ve had Russian Roulette by Rihanna in my head for the last three hours and it’s now definitely going to be involved in the new fic somehow 🙈

Simplicius

I Found A Reason by Cat Power

Noelle Zingarella

She Moved through the Fair: Irish Folk Song collected/reconstructed by Padraic Colum and Herbert Hughes. I've got the version Sinaed O'Conner sings stuck in my head...although she changes the pronoun to he in her version...way too much information Noelle...

Recent Badges

down-in-flames

backstory: earlier today, i was trying to pour frozen french fries out of a bag and accidentally poured way too many, then proceeded to say aloud to myself, 'well, this is more than i bargained for,' which somehow morphed into a full acapella rendition of 'sugar we're going down' by fall out boy. this is why it's so good i don't have roommates

all that being said, that song has now been stuck in my head for hours.

something wicked

I have no idea why, it's just become the song of the day. 

No Scrubs - TLC

grumpy cat

back when i still watched GoT (i stopped after season 3 because...it became too different to the books and i got frustrated and when that passed i didn't want to spoil the books for myself so.) i was obsessed with this song and now that i'm writing the new drastoria / seven devils, i'm once again obsessed (because this is another episode of kris can't listen to songs unrelated to her writing apparently.)

ms mr - bones

(and lowkey seven devils by florence + the machine because yeah it's also fitting for this fic. obviously.)

(i probably didn't need to write all this backstory but i did.) :ninjavanish:

galadriel

death by cellar darling, from their new album The Spell (which i'm basically listening to on repeat at the moment). they have such a wonderfully dark mood throughout this album and anna's vocals are amazing, j'adore. 

Recent Badges

sibilant

Make Me Feel by Janelle Monáe has been stuck in my head for several days now and I’m 100% okay with that.

down-in-flames

nightmare by halsey is truly a whole effing mood.

• Like 1

grumpy cat

lord huron - the night we met

/aka another one of the sad TAOBN songsTM

Edited by grumpy cat