News Ticker

December Story of the Month Nominations

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

December Story of the Month Nominations

How it works:

This thread is for you to nominate your favorite stories to be recognized as the HPFT Story of the Month.  Seconding isn't necessary as all stories will move on to the voting round.

Mid-month, a prefect will post a voting poll with the stories that received the most votes. Don't worry about having to rush. You'll have about 10 days to read the stories and vote for your favorite!

We will announce the winner on the first of the month. The winner will receive a cool prize!

Please post your nominations in this thread using the following format:

• Title:
  • Author:
  • Link to Story [+Rating if Mature]:
  • Warnings [if applicable]:
  • Why do you think this Story deserves to be Nominated?:

Rules for nomination:

1. All stories that have been nominated must have been updated sometime since July 2016.

2. Stories can be any genre, character type, fandom, or length.

3. No NC-17 rated stories.

4. Any story nominated must follow site guidelines.

5. Stories can be posted on HPFT, AO3, FF.net, or HPFF.

6. You may only nominate one story.

7. Stories do not have to be complete to be nominated. WIPs are acceptable.

8. While there are lots of lovely authors out there, we'd like to focus specifically on the ones who belong to HPFT, so try to double check that the person you nominate has an account here.

Nominations will close on November 14, 2017 at 11:59pm GMT

Previous Months' Winners:

September '16 - The Harder They Fall by Victoria_Anne

October '16 - How Hogwarts Scarred Me For Life (by Enid McElderry) by beyond the rain

December '16 - Gravel on the Ground: From the Ashes by 1917farmgirl

January '17 - Liar by Felpata Lupin

March '17- Periphery by firewhiskey_ginger

April '17 - Absolution by Rhaenyra

May '17- In This Darkness by Quill2Parchment

July '17-Voldemort and the Impromptu Holiday by dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap & Nights like These by Banshee

August '17-The Wild Princess by Victoria_Anne & Skewed Toward Truth by MuggleMaybe

September '17- Traitorous Heart by Penelope_Inkwell

October '17 - Beyond Repair by MuggleMaybe

November '17 - no SotM

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

Title: The Skull Beneath the Skin 
Author: esmeraude
Link(s) to story With Rating: here (M)
Warnings (if applicable): Hate Speech, Slavery, Violence
Why do you think this story deserves to be nominated?: I think this story is told in a really unique perspective that makes you very sympathetic for characters that I don't think you typically would care too terribly for otherwise. It exposes pureblood families and expectations in a realistic manner and you'll fall in with the characterization of everyone. I'm trying to tiptoe around it all without revealing any major spoilers, but I think it's one of the most well-written and attention grabbing stories around. :)
Edited by PaulaTheProkaryote
code was a solid no go. will investigate later

Guest Rumpelstiltskin
Title: Volatile 
Author: caomoyl
Link(s) to story With Rating: +click [Teen]
Warnings (if applicable): Violence
Why do you think this story deserves to be nominated?: This brief look into the Ariana, Albus, Aberforth dynamic is wonderfully unique and surprisingly chilling in such as short piece. I think the author did a wonderful job in revealing so much characterization in under 600 words. A fantastic new perspective of a sad tale. 

Title: Once Upon the Marauders (m)

Author: FlamingQuilltips

Link to StoryOnce Upon the Marauders  (m)

Warnings: Hate Speech, Sexual Content and Substance Abuse.

Nomination Reason: Ysh has worked so hard on this project and it's such a wonderful story, she knows everything about these characters. She has made their stories engaging through their Hogwarts lives so far and the characterisation is amazing. You just feel the love that she has for the characters as you're reading. I have to admit I haven't finished all the chapters that she has up yet! It would make a very deserving winner though! 

• Title: to the end of time
  • Author: clairevergreen
  • Link to Story [+Rating if Mature] (M)
  • Warnings [if applicable]: sexual content
  • Why do you think this Story deserves to be Nominated?: This story is a series of snapshots about Parvati and Lavender over time and the characters are portrayed so wonderfully - as individuals as well as their relationship to each other. And the story showcases Claire's incredible ability to say a lot in few words. It's just a really great story :thumbsup: 
  • Like 2

• Guest locked this topic