Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
just.a.willow.tree

just.a.willow.tree's reviews

FoxPatronus

Hey, Eva!

I enjoy your writing so much and have seen some of the lovely reviews you have left on other folks' pieces, so I thought I would request one on my Charlie Weasley/OC fic, if you have the time/energy/interest! It's 5 chapters exactly, but on the longer side, so feel free to read and review as much or as little as you'd like!

Story and Author Name, including link: Leather Wings and Scaly Things (T) by FoxPatronus
Warnings and Advisories: Spoilers, brief mention of depression, referenced canon character death
Genre: Fluff, Romance
Length: 5 chapters, 12,311 words total
Summary: Charlie Weasley had pretty much resigned himself to solitude. He was content with his life,  fulfilled by his work, and not particularly interested in seeking out a mate.

Besides, where was he going to find someone else who shared his passion for magical creatures and would want to talk about dragons for hours on end?

Right in the middle of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, as it turned out. 

Areas of concern: I will always welcome any general impressions and concrit! I would also specifically like to know if the pace of the main character's relationship progression is believable, what you think of my OC's initial character development (which will continue to evolve as I get further into the series), and whether the Weasley characters feel true to their canon personalities.

just.a.willow.tree

@magnolia_magic, @FoxPatronus - Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by my thread :wub: I promise I'll get to your reviews as soon as I can! There's just the Puff review game finishing up and I'm scrambling to catch up on those reviews haha :P 

• Like 1

FoxPatronus

No rush! I'll be pleased as punch for whatever you're up for, whenever you get around to it.

I didn't know we had a review game going! I need to do more exploring in the common room.

FoxPatronus

@just.a.willow.tree Thank you SOOOO much for the reviews and for chatting with me about archive woes. :hug:

• Like 1

Felpata_Lupin

I know, I'm a bad person... :couch:

Story and Author Name, including link: All the truth about Jimmy Portman (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: sexual content, violence

Genre: angst, AU, drama

Length: chapter 23 is 2570 words

Summary:  

Destiny is the result of people's choices. And any single choice can change it completely.

In this AU the Marauders are still alive and free (more or less...), Neville Longbottom is the guy with the scar, and Harry... Well, just read and find out!

Ships: James/Lily, Peter/Remus

Areas of Concern: As always, I would love to know what you think of the most recent chapter. I just love your reviews too much... :wub:

Rumpelstiltskin
Posted (edited)

^_^ I hope it's okay to stop by and steal some of your attention! 

Story and Author Name, including link: What We Become [Mature] by Rumpelstiltskin
Warnings and Advisories: Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Dark/Horror, Romance
Length: chapters 2-4 are 10,234 words in total
Summary:  Leaving Hogwarts to leap into the cesspool of adulthood is hard. Leaving Hogwarts to leap into the cesspool of adulthood in the wake of a life-altering war and falling in love with a Death Eater is even harder.
Pairings: Igor Karkaroff/OC, James/Lily, Sirius Black/OC, Unlisted Pairings
Areas of Concern: Much like in the first chapter, I'm mostly concerned about how easy the time-hops are to follow/if they're too confusing. Some chapters utilize the time-hops more frequently than others. I'm also looking for some general feedback on the plot arch so far as well as the progression of character development and relationships/friendships so far. 
:hug:If and when you can get to it. Thank you so much! Your feedback is always refreshing! 

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin
forgot to provide a link :P

toomanycurls

Story and Author Name, including link: True Romance by toomanycurls (M)

Warnings and Advisories: Mature, sexual content, violence, domestic abuse, hate speech 

Genre love, drama, life happens

Length: 20 chapters with 71k words

Summary:

Will Albus be able to pursue a true romance with the person he loves? He's found friendship with Scorpius while sparks fly whenever he meets with Brandon. Can he follow his heart before it's too late?

A story about life, love, making choices, and - most of all - growing up.

Ships: Branbus, Scorbus, Al/OC, Scoprius/OC, Rose/OC (not all the same OC)

Areas of Concern: I loved your review for chapter 1 and your optimism about life, lol. I'd really like to get your opinion on how I twist and pull at relationships in the first 5 chapters, especially considering your happiness measure for ships. I also want to get some popcorn and enjoy your read of the story. :popcorn:  

just.a.willow.tree

@Felpata_Lupin always come back for more with Jimmy! :wub::hug: I'm so bad at keeping up with chapter updates, but please know that I always, always want to read more of it <3

@Rumpelstiltskin I loved it! :wub: (but you already knew that haha.) let me know once it updates! <3

@toomanycurls I think with these next few chapters I have gotten progressively less optimistic about life haha xD done with your five! <3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Felpata_Lupin

Back again... :P

Story and Author Name, including link: All the truth about Jimmy Portman (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: sexual content, violence

Length: chapter 24 is 4729 words

Summary:  

Destiny is the result of people's choices. And any single choice can change it completely.

In this AU the Marauders are still alive and free (more or less...), Neville Longbottom is the guy with the scar, and Harry... Well, just read and find out!

Areas of Concern: as always, would just love to hear your thoughts! :$

• Like 1

Felpata_Lupin

Hi, darling! :wub:  You know I can't stay away from here for long... :P

Story and Author Name, including link: The Lark and the Nightingale (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: sexual content, violence, hate speech, suicide, domestic abuse

Genre: angst, drama, crossover, romance

Length: the whole story is 21 chapters and 44793 words

Summary:

A sixteen-year-old witch. Her best friend, who's been secretly wishing to be more for years. A school project which is going to change their relationship. An ancient curse which could doom their lives...

Ships: Remus/OC, James/Lily, mentioned Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern: since you read the first chapter and seemed to enjoy it, I'd love to know your thoughts about the rest. :$ Feel free to read as much or as little as you are comfortable with and take all the time you need. :wub: Thank you so much, hon! :hug:

• Like 1

RoxiMalfoy
Posted (edited)

*Gasp* Eva, I have found something on my AP that you haven't R&R'd yet, lol!!! :P 

Story & Author Name: Perfect [M] by RoxiMalfoy
Warnings & Advisories: Hate Speech 
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Length: One-Shot (6,534 Words)
Ships: Sirius Black/Original Female Character, James Potter I/Lily Evans
Summary: To others, this night might have been considered a disaster... But to us, it was perfect.
Areas of Concern: The switching back and forth between Sirius and Saleena's POV's in this has always been an area of concern of mine in terms of flow. Like, is it easy to understand who's talking in each section? (I wrote this for a "Firsts" challenge, and I had first kiss, lol.) It was also one of my first times writing in 1st person, so I'm pretty proud of it. ;) Feel free to point out anything that sticks out to you. Your reviews always brighten my day so much!!! <3 

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
It would probly help if I actually put the link to the story in, lol! XD

just.a.willow.tree

@Felpata_Lupin I'm finally done with the next five chapters! So sorry for the wait. 😭 I'll hopefully be getting to the next chapters soon (so no need to rerequest!), but since Chalices voting is coming up, I thought I'd focus on that first. 😋💛

@RoxiMalfoy Done! 🤗

• Thanks 2

sunshine_locks

hello! i have a new chapter up!! :^)

Story and Author Name, including link: Miracle (M) by sunshine_locks

Warnings and Advisories: nothing as bad as the last chapter lmao. there are mentions of what happened last chapter, and some swearing but nothing too bad. 

Genre: Romance, Humor

Length: 4,975

Summary: She was told it was a miracle, but it was more akin to a curse, if one looked at how much she lost. 

Or alternatively: What would happen if a wizard gave a muggle a blood transfusion?

Ships: Albus/OC, Scorpius/OC

Areas of Concern: I just want your thoughts on it is all!

ShadowRose

Hi Eva!! ❤️

Story and Author Name, including linkMagnolias in the Country by ShadowRose

Warnings and Advisories: Substance Abuse

Genre: Angst, mostly

Length: 1882 words

Summary: In all honesty, Albus would rather be literally anywhere else than the wedding between the love of his life and his cousin.

Areas of Concern: I'd just love your thoughts on it! It's been ages since I've written anything remotely angsty, so I feel a little rusty with it, lol.

Hobbit
Posted (edited)

Story and Author Name, including link: +With comfort. (M) Newt Scamander.
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Consent Issues (Severe), Hate Speech, Sexual Content
Genre Angst, AU, Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: 1315 words.
Summary: It was wrong, they both knew what was happening was wrong, and yet, somehow they couldn’t keep their gaze or their attraction away from one another. 
Ships: George/Hermione
Areas of Concern: Anything you can pick up on, it hasn't been beta'd yet, in the process of being beta'd though Thanks Eva. ~Karni.

Edited by Hobbit

Felpata_Lupin

I really, really shouldn't... but after our last swap I just can't resist... :$

Story and Author Name, including link: The Lark and the Nightingale (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: sexual content, violence, hate speech, suicide, domestic abuse

Genre: angst, drama, crossover, romance

Length: the whole story is 21 chapters and 44793 words

Summary:

Ships: Remus/OC, James/Lily, mentioned Sirius/Marlene

Areas of Concern: As usual, I would just love to hear what you think about the developing of the story. :wub:  I know you are pretty busy with the HC and everything, so take your time, there's no rush! :hug:Love you!

Pen2Paper

Hey there! Hope you don't mind me snagging the last spot here.

Story & Author Name: Heaven Can Wait(M) HP Universe/ Marauders
Warnings & Advisories: Hate Speech, Sexual Content and Substance Abuse (Prospective warning)
Genres: Drama/ Romance
Length: Multichapter fic WIP
Ships: James/Lily
Summary: An imagining of James and Lily's lives as they move forward from "Snape's Worst Memory" and the events that followed that led them to fall for each other. 
Areas of Concern:

The chapters are on the longer side because I tend to be descriptive, hope you don't mind. Please let me know if you as a reader feel too distracted or bored with the story. I'd love to hear about the plot and your opinion on it, moving forward, it's a little slow paced in the beginning and this is intentional,  but is it interesting enough to keep reading? How did you like my characterisations? do you have any recommendations?  I'd really love to hear anything!

Thank you so much! 

Felpata_Lupin

Hello, Eva, my dear! I know you are pretty busy right now, and I'm not even sure if I'm already taking up a slot and how many you have open... but I have a new chapter of Jimmy and I just really, really wanted to hear your thoughts... feel free to ignore this request if it isn't valid... (or feel free to ignore the one for TLATN, or feel free to ignore both, whatever works best for you)

Story and Author Name, including link: All the truth about Jimmy Portman (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Length: chapter 25 is 2673 words

Summary: 

Areas of Concern: None, just want to hear your thoughts. :wub: