Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our February Bulletin is up - check it out for a quick HPFT orientation or refresher!
  • The FROGS reading list has been posted!
  • The Great Collab of 2018-19 is underway!
Stella Blue

Stella Blue's Reviews

Stella Blue

Greetings you talented writers, and welcome to my review thread! I always enjoy finding new stories to love, and everyone likes to get reviews! Whether you want just a general read-through for overall thoughts, or specific character and tone analysis and nitpicking, I'm happy to help with any of it.

Review style:

I include both praise and constructive criticism - I'll let you know what I loved about your story, as well as what I think can be improved and how. I'll look at details as well as the broad chapter as a whole. My reviews are generally pretty informal - sometimes I get on tangents, or will let you know all of the many thoughts that your writing makes me think about. (Naturally, the focus of the review will depend on how specific you are on the Areas of Concern.)

Rules:

This thread is always open and is not limited to a number of slots. Rather, I will read and review everything on a first come first serve basis.

One chapter per request.

Please link to HPFT, HPFF, or AO3, as those are where I have accounts. (Note: if you request your review on HPFF, my penname there is marauderfan.)

I should get to your review within a week. If I haven't, then feel free to send me a reminder!

Please respond to my reviews; I put a lot of time and thought into them.

I will read anything, but here are some things I particularly love to read:

• Hogwarts Era from other POV's
  • Experimental themes and/or writing styles
  • LGBTQIA+
  • POC main characters
  • Make me laugh
  • Make me cry
  • Everything!

When requesting a review, please use the standard form:

[b]Story and Author Name, including RATED link[/b]: 
[b]Warnings and Advisories[/b]: 
[b]Genre[/b]: 
[b]Length[/b]:  
[b]Ships[/b]:  
[b]Summary[/b]:  
[b]Areas of Concern[/b]:

And I think that covers it! Request away! :bliss:

Edited by TidalDragon

scooterbug8515

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Goodbye Love (T/15+) by M_C_Crocker

Warnings and Advisories: Major Character Death, Mild Violence, and Scenes of a mild sexual nature

Genre: Romance and Angst

Length: 1623 words

Ships: Helga Hufflepuff/Salazar Slytherin  & Helga Hufflepuff/Godric Gryffindor

Summary:  Emotion gripped him as it had not done before, as his hand graced up her nearly cold arm. She was supposed to react to his touch, but there wasn’t a movement. His grip tightened around her as he choked back a sob.

Areas of Concern:  This is a revamp.  I was told in the original that the ending was kind of sudden and abrupt.  I want to know if that is still the case or if I have finally smoothed it out.

dreamgazer220

Hi Kristin!!! So, you read the first chapter of this a while ago for the HPFF review-a-thon, and I thought I'd come back and see your opinions on chapter 2 :)

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Haunting Shadows, dreamgazer220. Rated M.

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, mild violence, scenes of a sexual nature, substance abuse, sensitive topic/issue/theme

Genre: mystery, romance, angst

Length: chapter 2 is 2680 words

Ships: Fred Weasley/OC

Summary: I can't afford to spiral into darkness.

After a tragic summer, Catherine Lawrence comes back to Hogwarts for her sixth year looking to move forward. Instead, she's haunted by ghosts and memories that won't leave her alone. As she descends further into darkness, she continues to isolate herself, but one person might be able to save her from her fortress - if only she let him.

Areas of Concern: Flow of suspense, general feedback, characterization, anything that you think might need work.

Thank you!  :)

scooterbug8515

Stella, I loved your last review so, I thought I'd hit you up for another! (Thought I'd give you another Slytherpuff romance fluff - not Salazar/Helga though.)

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Unexpected Attraction by M_C_Crocker (T/15+)

Warnings and Advisories: Mild scene of romance, maybe mild language (can't remember

Genre

Length: Fluff/Romance 2775 words

Ships: Blaise Zabini/Susan Bones

Summary:

Blaise cannot wait to get out of Hogwarts and wants nothing more than to just get through the school year. Yet, he finds himself intrigued by one person the last person anyone would expect - Susan Bones.

Areas of Concern: Another ending issue, some have said the kiss is too abrupt.

Stella Blue

All reviews have been completed!

StarFeather

Story and Author Name, including RATED link:Sygnus Black III and His Three Daughters Chapter 1by StarFeather(T/15+)

Warnings and Advisories:Contains profanity, Mild violence, Scenes of a mild sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme, Spoilers

Genre:Drama, Horror/Dark, Romance 

Length:3872

Ships:Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, OC/OC

Summary:Harry had a perplexed look on his face, “What do you mean, your war?”

“I still have nightmares of.. her. Bellatrix. In my dream, she tortures me," Hermione shuddered a little, said, “I have to overcome this.” There was a glint of enthusiasm in her eyes.

Areas of Concern:This was written for "COINED BY SHAKESPEARE CHALLENGE" / Combined with “The Romanticism Challenge”. I just want to know if you enjoy this kind of story. Thank you, Kristin! I'm glad to know that you come back to do this generous task.

firewhiskey

Hi there! Could I please have one of your reviews for my newest fic?

Title: Periphery

Author: my_voice_rising

Link: http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory2.php?chapterid=524543&i=1 (M)

Genre: Drama, AU, Romance, some angst of course...

Warnings: Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Sensitive topic/issue/theme

Length: 1776 words

Ships: Sirius/OC, Sirius/Marlene

Summary: “She was a patron saint of the peripheral.” — Jane Howard

Chloe never asked to become a member of the First Order. She didn't ask to join in the fight against Voldemort; to betray her mother's paralyzing fear of the magical world. She didn't ask to watch her friends die by their own hand. It only took standing in the wrong place, at the wrong time, to change history—and history still needed a martyr.

What I'm Curious About: Flow, whether or not the introduction effectively raises questions, or whether I'm being too vague about her mother's condition, and the MC's relationship with Sirius, etc. I'm also curious about how the summary is...

Thank you so much for offering to review! You are appreciated! :)

StarFeather

Hi, Kristin! Thank you for leaving awesome review the other day. If you could stop by chapter 2 of the same story, I'll be happy again. Thank you!

Story and Author Name, including RATED link:Sygnus Black III and His Three Daughters Chapter 2 by StarFeatherGryffindor(T/15+)

Warnings and Advisories:Contains profanity, Mild violence, Scenes of a mild sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme, Spoilers

Length:5089

Summary:The mystery why Charlus Potter was poisoned will be revealed  little by little while Kreacher tells a story about the Black sisters.

Areas of Concern: I'd like to know if you feel this story is interesting.

toomanycurls

Story and Author Name, including link: Beyond Grace by toomanycurls (beyond grace) - Mature

Warnings and Advisories: Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Profanity

Genre: Romance, Drama

Length: 5k words/3 chapters

Ships: Rose/Scorpius + others  8)

Summary: Rose Weasley is at the precipice of a successful post-Hogwarts career, or so her mother says. A series of bad choices may change all of that.

Areas of Concern: This story breaks with my writing universe and is a bit of a trashy romance. I want to know if it's interesting/feels compelling or if it's hard to get into Rose's motivations as she makes a few rather serious poor life choices.

firewhiskey

Hello! I'm baaack! Thank you so much for your last review; it was so helpful. I'd love to have you take a look at the first "actual chapter," if you please.  Dunno if the entire form is necessary for a re-request, but here ya go:

Oh, also, there is a somewhat violent/traumatic scene within this chapter, so if that's not your thing feel free to skip this! :)

Title: Periphery

Author: my_voice_rising

Link: http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory2.php?chapterid=524543&i=1 (M)

Genre: Drama, AU, Romance, some angst of course...

Warnings: Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a sexual nature, Sensitive topic/issue/theme

Length: Chapter 1 is 4286 words.

Ships: Sirius/OC, Sirius/Marlene

Summary: “She was a patron saint of the peripheral.” — Jane Howard

Chloe never asked to become a member of the First Order. She didn't ask to join in the fight against Voldemort; to betray her mother's paralyzing fear of the magical world. She didn't ask to watch her friends die by their own hand. It only took standing in the wrong place, at the wrong time, to change history—and history still needed a martyr.

What I'm Curious About: This chapter has many more characters, and more action, than the introduction. I had a hard time with continuing that quiet, somber narrative that I was going for in the first chapter.  Suggestions about voice and flow, in that sense, are particularly interesting to me!  Otherwise I'd love to hear your general thoughts on characterization, and whether or not the violent scene reads well (if you choose to take this request)!

Thank you so much!  Eeeeee!

toomanycurls

Story and Author Name, including link: Beyond Grace by toomanycurls (beyond grace) - Mature

Warnings and Advisories: Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Profanity

Genre: Romance, Drama

Length: 6.9k words/4 chapters

Ships: Rose/Scorpius + others  8)

Summary: Rose Weasley is at the precipice of a successful post-Hogwarts career, or so her mother says. A series of bad choices may change all of that.

Areas of Concern: Based on your comments from ch 1, I made some changes in ch 2 about trying to explain why Rose is on this path. Um, not sure i nailed it. she kind of jumps from one bad choice to another and I'm not sure there's a great explanation other than "reasons."

victoria_anne

Hihihihihihihi!

I wrote a little something a while back for a challenge, and it needs a little love.

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: The Ghostly Coup at Hogwarts (12+)

Warnings and Advisories: Contains profanity

Genre: Humor

Length: 1597 words

Ships: None

Summary: The ghosts of Hogwarts take matters into their own hands.

Areas of Concern: It's written entirely in dialogue (as per the challenge) but I don't know what anyone really thinks of it (except for Jill, of course) so if you could give it some lovely Kristin-affection, that would be super duper :D

RoxiMalfoy

Author Name: RoxiMalfoy

Story Title and link:  Love, Not War (Rated: Teen & Up Audiences/Mature)

Warnings and Advisories: Major Character Death, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Strong Violence, Contains profanity, Spoilers, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature

Genre: Horror/Dark, Romance, Angst, AU

Length: Novel (WIP; 16 chapters so far)

Summary: When Lucius Malfoy is forced to make a difficult decision, he gives his only son up to the Order of the Phoenix in hopes that they will protect him from Voldemort. With nowhere else to go, Draco is stuck living at the Burrow with the Weasley’s. But when a new witch from America moves in too, things start to get... interesting.

Ships: Draco/OC, Lucius/Narcissa, Arthur/Molly, Remus/Tonks, Bill/Fleur

Areas of Concern: Just looking for people's honest opinions of it, really. I am in the process of re-writing this Novel, and am currently in the middle of transferring everything over to AO3. So I have a fresh start with this piece now, and I just want some feedback. So feel free to point out anything that sticks out. Thank you so much!!

Stella Blue

Finished all the above :) Open for requests!

toomanycurls

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: A Movie Script Ending (m) by toomanycurls

Warnings and Advisories: Sexual content, profanity

Genre: romance, humor, wee bit of angst

Length: 5k words

Ships: OC/OC

Summary: Brandon follows his friend's advice and picks up the pieces of his broken heart after ending things with Albus. He doesn't expect to meet someone who will change his life forever.

Areas of Concern: I was going for a feel with this that Brandon would have liked Moira enough to be bothered that she dropped out of his life without explanation and make it feel like they could have been a good couple. I would also like your input as someone who has followed this universe, does this feel like a realistic extension of Brandon? Did you like the sexy scenes?  :-X

dreamgazer220

Snagging one of these!

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Two Birds, One Stone (M) by dreamgazer220

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, scenes of a sexual nature

Genre: general, romance, drama

Length: chapter 1 is 2557 words

Ships: James II/OC

Summary: Sometimes things go according to plan.

And sometimes, they don't.

As Hannah Thomas-Finnigan begins to navigate her summer in the light of heartbreak, her best friend since childhood, the infamous James Potter the Second, might just have the solution she's looking for.

But will their relationship be able to survive this ultimate test of loyalty, or will it threaten to tear them apart?

Areas of Concern: Characterization, mostly.  This is my first James II story and also my first attempt at something more light-hearted than I usually write, so general feel of the story? Ooh, also descriptions, especially of the characters; I'm trying to work on those.  Any other thoughts/feedback you'd like to give!

Thank youuu <3

Khaleesi

May I? If this story isn't your cup of tea, please feel free to ignore my request. :)

Story and Author Name, including link: <a href="http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=293132"> Seven Hills (M)</a> by celticbard

Warnings and Advisories: Strong Language, Strong Violence, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse

Genre/Era Drama/Romance/AU/Other Era

Length: Novella, 24021  words

Summary:

After World War II, the wizards and witches of Europe struggle to restore a ruined continent. From the desperate thousands three emerge to take power and claim the right to rule. Gellert Grindelwald, a lauded hero and politician who dreams of being an emperor. Portia Thurin, a military genius and unrivaled tactician. And Tom Riddle, who may very well destroy them all. Out of a world of dust rises an empire of marble.

Ships: Tom Riddle/OC, implied Moody/OC

Areas of Concern: Characterization. Plot.

Thank you for the kind offer!

StarFeather

Hi, Kristin! I'm back. If you have time to spare, please stop by. :)

Story and Author Name, including RATED link:Sygnus Black III and His Three Daughters Chapter 3 Hermione Granger by StarFeatherGryffindor(M)

Warnings and Advisories:Contains profanity, Strong violence, Scenes of a mild sexual nature, Substance abuse, Sensitive topic/issue/theme, Spoilers

Length:3035

Summary:Staring at her own scribble, she spotted the words, “Bellatrix Lestrange poisoned Charlous Potter.” She flinched at the thought that she might have been killed brutally by the mad woman if Dobby and her friends were too late. She tried to smile weakly, “I’m okay, Harry. Let’s visit Malfoy Manor, first.”

Areas of Concern: Any thoughts will be helpful for me. :)

victoria_anne

Hi hi hi hi hi hi

Dropping off chapter 3 of The Harder They Fall.

Also dropping off milk and cookies. No fun facts. Just choc chips.

Chapter 3! (M)

dreamgazer220

Coming back for chapter 2 of Two Birds, One Stone!

Story and Author Name, including link: Two Birds, One Stone (M) by dreamgazer220

Warnings and Advisories: Strong Language, Scenes of a Sexual Nature

Genre/Era: drama, romance, general/Next Generation

Length: chapter 2 is 4362 words

Summary: (New Summary!)

Sometimes things go according to plan - sometimes they don't. And sometimes, your best friend manages to talk you into a pretend relationship as some sort of convoluted way of getting revenge on your cheating ex-boyfriend when he's really just after another girl. And for some insane reason, I agreed to it.

Areas of Concern: The usual: characterization, consistency, descriptions, flow & humor. Anything else you might want to point out!