News Ticker

Stella Blue's Reviews

Stella Blue

May I slide back in with a request for the next chapter? (At your leisure!)

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Simple Minds [M] (chapter 2) by RonsGirlFriday
Warnings and Advisories:  Fic is tagged with the "slurs" advisory. General content warnings include bullying, sexual harassment, implied abuse/neglect, LGBTQ+ harassment/discrimination.
Genre: AU, drama, general
Length:  Completed at 4 chapters -- chapter 2 is 6092 words
Ships:  Minor/implied Ron/Hermione

Summary:  

Six wrongdoers. Six social spheres. Six stories.
One horrible vice principal (hem hem!)
Eight hours stuck in a room together.

Ladies and gentlemen, detention is now in session.

(A Breakfast Club-inspired modern AU.)

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! It's very character-driven, so characterizations and character dynamics in particular. But also anything that grabs you!
Current Review Request Count: 2/5

Hey, Kristin, my love! May I? :wub: 

Story and Author Name, including link: The snake within by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Mature (Self-Harm, Sexual Content, Slavery, Substance Abuse, Violence)

Genre:  Angst, AU, Drama

Length: Novel - 9 chapters and 25852 words so far - chapter 5 is 3518 words

Summary: 

A new school year at Hogwarts is starting for the Golden Quartet, and it doesn't look good.

As the Marauders try to pick up the pieces of a damaged friendship and Harry struggles to get used to a new family and a new identity, Neville has to deal with his resentment for a role in the wizarding world that wasn't supposed to be his and discovers that maybe there's a reason if he belongs in Slytherin.

Meanwhile something obscure is crawling, menacing the safety of the students inside the castle...

Second installment in the Jimmy Portman's AU

Ships: James/Lily, Peter/Remus, Sirius/Emmeline, possibly others

Areas of Concern: your thoughts! :hug:

[2/5 open requests in the last two weeks]

You know it's me, just creeping back in here with the next chapter! 💛

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Simple Minds [M] (chapter 3) by RonsGirlFriday
Warnings and Advisories:  Fic is tagged with the "slurs" advisory. General content warnings include bullying, sexual harassment, implied abuse/neglect, LGBTQ+ harassment/discrimination.
Genre: AU, drama, general
Length:  Completed at 4 chapters -- chapter 3 is 7425 words
Ships:  Minor/implied Ron/Hermione

Summary:  

Six wrongdoers. Six social spheres. Six stories.
One horrible vice principal (hem hem!)
Eight hours stuck in a room together.

Ladies and gentlemen, detention is now in session.

(A Breakfast Club-inspired modern AU.)

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts! It's very character-driven, so characterizations and character dynamics in particular. But also anything that grabs you!
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kristin, if this isn't your speed, feel free to skip this one! Chatfic style

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: literal chaos fire (m) by maraudertimes
Warnings and Advisories: Sexual Content, Slurs
Genre: AU, Humor, Romance
Length: Novellette, currently at 9 chapters - Chapter 1 (1413 words)
Ships: Lily Luna Potter/OC, Molly Weasley (II)/OC, Teddy Lupin/Victoire Weasley, Victoire Weasley/OC
Summary:

Victoire Weasley is a masters student in infectious diseases handling a devastating break up with her girlfriend of two years.
Lily Potter is a first year law student navigating a figurative minefield that is the star quarterback's unrequited affection.
Molly Weasley is pursuing her bachelors in engineering while pining over her best friend - who doesn't seem to realize it.

Three women, three vastly different lives, all coming together with group chats, family dinners, and a whole lot of chaos.

Areas of Concern: Just looking for critique and areas to work on/areas that might need a bit more work
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

Edited by maraudertimes

• 1 month later...

Thanks for y'all's patience as I moved and started a new job and dropped off the face of HPFT! Anyway, the above reviews are done! :)

• Like 1

Kristin!!! You're back!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Do you mind if I profit with a little request? :rose:

Warnings and Advisories: Mature (Self-Harm, Sexual Content, Slavery, Substance Abuse, Violence)

Length: Novel - 10 chapters and 28934 words so far - chapter 7 is 2099 words

Summary: 

A new school year at Hogwarts is starting for the Golden Quartet, and it doesn't look good.

As the Marauders try to pick up the pieces of a damaged friendship and Harry struggles to get used to a new family and a new identity, Neville has to deal with his resentment for a role in the wizarding world that wasn't supposed to be his and discovers that maybe there's a reason if he belongs in Slytherin.

Meanwhile something obscure is crawling, menacing the safety of the students inside the castle...

Areas of Concern: just your lovely thoughts! :wub:

[1/5 open requests in the last two weeks]

• 1 year later...

*blows away dust*

So I kinda vanished for like a couple of years? I have no idea what all is happening here nowadays, but what better way to get back into it than reactivating my review thread. got any requests, things you'd like to be read and loved? throw 'em at me, folks

• Like 2

Kristin!! OMG, yes please 🤩

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: No Wands, Please - We're Muggles(M)

Warnings and Advisories: Rated M, Consent Issues, Sexual Content, Slurs, Substance Abuse

Genre: Romance, Drama

Length: Novel (114921 words). The prologue is 2757 words

Ships: Albus Potter/OC

Summary: Albus Potter, budding Healer, spends a year studying Medicine at a muggle University

Areas of Concern: Anything that jumps out at you!

Thank you ❤️ It's so good to have you back here!

• Like 1

Well... you know I couldn't resist, right? :P  (Thank you so much for the surprise review you left me yesterday, btw! :wub:)

Length: Novel - 18 chapters and 54043 words so far - chapter 12 is 2863 words

Summary: 

Areas of Concern: your thoughts :hug:

Request 1/3

• Like 1

Hi, Kristin! It's so good to see you back after a time away. I'm always happy to know that people don't stay gone forever. :)  And thank you for opening this review thread again.   I have a poetry group that I'd like you to comment on.  It's formal in style, open and accessible, not angsty or obscure.  A labor of love.

Story and Author Name: The Cycle of the Year: Seasons at the Castle by Oregonian

Rating: All Audiences

Warnings and Advisories: None

Genre: General

Length: 1209 words

Ships: None

Summary:  In the far north, the changes in the seasons are dramatic as we cycle through the years.  Four different worlds, four distinct ways of living, ephemeral but predictable, inexorable, rooting us firmly in the rhythm of time.  Hogwarts Castle and its inhabitants have lived through this cycle a thousand times.  Our friends who dwell closer to the equator have no idea...

Areas of Concern:  Your general thoughts.  (Poetry is always a harder sell...)

🥰

• 5 months later...

Hi Kristin, my love! :wub:

First of all, sorry for your toe, and I hope you get better soon! :hug:

Since you are around and looking for something to read... maybe you'd like to come back for some more TSW? :rose:

Length: Novel - 21 chapters and 61874 words so far - chapter 13 is 2693 words

Summary: 

Areas of Concern: your thoughts! :D 

[1/3 open requests]