Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our January Bulletin is up - check it out for a quick HPFT orientation or refresher!
  • The Great Collab of 2018-19 is underway!
  • Our Magical Menagerie review event has officially begun!
Stella Blue

Stella Blue's Reviews

Shadowkat678

Hey, Stella!!! :D

[b]Story and Author Name, including RATED link[/b]: Founders Four: Pillars of the Ages (M) by shadowkat678
Advisories: Violence

Genre[/b]: Adventure/action, Angst, Drama, General

Length: 2915 words

Summary:

History speaks to us of four friends, a school they together founded, and a division that still echoes through the stone halls of Hogwarts today. Yet, that great castle was never truly the beginning, and most certainly wasn't the end. Maybe, it's time to find out what the history books didn't tell you.

Ships: Eventually Salazar/Helga, but nothing yet.

Areas of Concern: I'm starting this back up and I'm trying to revise and add to the existing chapters while writing the next ones. I remember when I first posted this three years ago a few people mentioned they had trouble separating the characters, and there were also lots of suggested edits. I want to make sure I have all of that fixed up. Also, just any general constructive criticism you could think of.

crestwood

With how much I've always loved your reviews, I thought I'd stop by here :yes:

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Things Change [m], crestwood

Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Substance Abuse, Suicide, Violence

Genre: Drama, Humor, Romance

Length: one chapter, about four thousand words.

Ships: Scorpius Malfoy/OC, but not yet.

Summary: Scorpius Malfoy was a hedonistic misfit with friends to match. They put a lot of time and effort into preserving their reputation as Hogwarts' most unruly bunch.

Little do they know there is actually a lesson to be learned from it all.

Areas of Concern: Basically just, whether this grabs your attention or not! It’s the first chapter of a novel so my main concern is getting people in on the ground floor right now. Anything else you can think to mention would be much appreciated as well :) Thank you!! 

Chemical_Pixie

Ready for another feminist fic? This time, it involves Marlene, Emmeline, and Arabella! :) It's also a companion piece to A Woman's Place.

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Actual Magic (m), Chemical_Pixie

Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure

Length: one shot, 4,434 words.

Ships: None.

Summary: Arabella takes a stand. Emmeline becomes a target. Marlene misses the Hogwarts Express.

Areas of Concern: Your general thoughts. The effectiveness of the inclusion of the essay and the shifting POVs. The characterization of the three women. Stuff like that. Thank you!!!

Stella Blue

Joey and Abby - Finished your reviews!

Shadowkat678
Posted (edited)

*slides back in* Hey, can you guess what just updated??? :P

[b]Story and Author Name, including RATED link[/b]: Founders Four: Pillars of the Ages (M) by shadowkat678 chapter two.

Advisories: Violence

Genre[/b]: Adventure/action, Angst, Drama, General

Length: 3135 words

Summary:

History speaks to us of four friends, a school they together founded, and a division that still echoes through the stone halls of Hogwarts today. Yet, that great castle was never truly the beginning, and most certainly wasn't the end. Maybe, it's time to find out what the history books didn't tell you.

Ships: Eventually Salazar/Helga, but nothing yet.

Areas of Concern: Same as last time. 

Edited by Shadowkat678

Felpata_Lupin

Hi, Kristin, my love! :wub:

Yes, I know you would get there eventually, but I couldn't resist... :couch:

Story and Author Name, including link: All the truth about Jimmy Portman (M) by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence

Genre: angst, AU, drama

Length: chapter 35 is 3893 words

Summary: 

Destiny is the result of people's choices. And any single choice can change it completely.

In this AU the Marauders are still alive and free (more or less...), Neville Longbottom is the guy with the scar, and Harry... Well, just read and find out!

Ships: James/Lily, Peter/Remus

Areas of Concern: As always, I'd just love to know your thoughts. :wub:

Stella Blue

Finished both of the above :)

• Thanks 1

ShadowRose

hi kristin! i'm popping in for another one of your lovely reviews :P

Story and Author Name: There Will Be History [m] by ShadowRose
Warnings and Advisories: none, the m rating exists solely because of my propensity for swear words
Genre: romance, humour
Length: 2,350 words
Ships: teddy/victoire
Summary:

The paper trail between Teddy Lupin and Victoire Weasley (and occasionally Dom) from 9 July to 2 September 2017.

Areas of Concern: would just love your thoughts! i've never written a fic exclusively in letters before, so i'm curious how that's panned out 

MrsDarcy

Hi! I'd really love to get a review from you, is that possible? :$

Story and Author Name: The Anne Clarke Chronicle (M) by MrsDarcy

Warnings and Advisories: profanity, sexual content, discrimination, violence 

Genre: general, humor, romance 

Words: 2783 

Ships: Remus/OC

Summary: well, it's Hogwarts Era from another POV ^_^

Areas of Concern: It would be great if you reviewed chapter 3, although the first chapter is also fine 

lovegood27

I remembered how lovely your reviews are, and couldn’t resist popping in for one :P 

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Black Ties (m)

Warnings and Advisories: Domestic abuse

Genre: general, fluff 

Length: 3080 words

Ships: none 

Summary: 

So the thing is...I’m gay. Just thought I ought to tell you.

Well, that’s what Sirius imagined he would say when he finally came out to someone anyway.

Areas of Concern: Flow (dialogue and just generally), characterisation, the ending (because I’m worried it’s too abrupt)/storyline overall. But to be honest, any feedback you have would be appreciated :) 

you-make-me-wander

Hi Stella! Can I grab a slot? ^_^

Story & Author Name: The joys of you [M] | you-make-me-wander | (Chapter One)
Fandom / Era: Harry Potter / Next-Gen
Warnings & Advisories:  Mature, Sexual content, Spoilers
Genres:  AU, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Friendship, Family
Length: Multi-chaptered novel, on-going. Requested chapter (Chapter One) is 3064 words long
Ships: Scorpius/Rose , Draco/Astoria, Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, Albus/OC, Lily/Lysander, Hugo/OC & James/O C
Inclusivity: Gay, Anxiety, Depression, Dying/grieving
Summary: Scorpius comes back home after being four years away studying wandlore. Finding Astoria already affected by the curse that'll most likely kill her, Scorpius must learn how to deal with the inevitable loss and grief it'll bring, reconnecting with old friends and family, and with making sure that Rose knows that he's never stopped loving her.
Areas of Concern: Overall flow and opinion of the story and its plot.

Thank you :wub:

Recent Badges

Stella Blue

Finished both of the above!

• Thanks 1

Shadowkat678

Hi again, Stella!

Story and Author Name, including RATED link: Sirius Black: Escape from Azkaban (T) by Shadowkat678

Warnings and Advisories: Spoilers

Genre: Action/Adventure and Angst

Length:  4031

Ships: None

Summary:  Sirius Black escaped the inescapable, and is experiencing emotions he hasn't gotten the chance to feel in a very long time. Yet, with Aurors on his tail, there isn't much time to waste. 

Areas of Concern: This is my oldest oneshot and I revamped it a bit. Just kinda want general feedback and to see if I missed any errors.

Edited by Shadowkat678