Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Good luck to all the NaNoWriMo participants! Don't forget to stop by the Cafe.
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
facingthenorthwind

Hogwarts Mystery

Veritaserum27
23 minutes ago, facingthenorthwind said:

Perhaps this is not at all the problem you're having, but I find you have to wait until the little demonstration sparkle has done the full circuit before you start tracing the pattern.

Oh!  I never even considered that.  Thanks so much!

Dojh167

I ship Tonks/Tulip

• Like 1

facingthenorthwind
On 6/30/2018 at 3:43 AM, Dojh167 said:

I ship Tonks/Tulip

I did not understand but then....that one bit in uh...oh man, it was in the library and I remember being like "yes this is why tonks/tulip is good and true" and now I can't remember, grr.

Also, is anyone else sad that you can't change the Look™ of your pet? Give me a cute black cat, game. 😧

In unrelated things, Rakepick is so.....beautiful and intimidating...................oh no. 😍

(Was anyone else sad that they changed the Hideous Jumper to a Slightly Less Hideous Jumper in that first shield task? It sure was a Look and I was looking forward to wearing something iconic and also terrible.)

• Like 1

facingthenorthwind

Does anyone know how to duel successfully? I only got four wins before I ran out of tickets :(

Dojh167

Try to predict what your opponent will do next. If they just took a big hit, they are likely to try a defensive move, in which case you want to do something sneaky. If you're playing against a more clever opponent (/less predictable), know they will try to use this logic against you, and so you should try to do the unexpected. Like if you just took a big hit, instead of making a defensive move to heal yourself, go aggressive to try to beat their sneaky. Selectively doing the same type if attack twice in a row can be successful the second time, as they'll expect you to pick something new.

I've had frequent success in matches where I open with a successful aggressive move, to follow it up with two sneaky attacks in a row.

Also pay attention to your opponent's patterns. Some players heavily favor certain types of attacks, which can cue you how to beat them.

• Like 2

facingthenorthwind

So idk if anyone else is still playing this but Tonks says "Filch says that he and my aunt didn't see eye to eye when she was at Hogwarts" (or something to that effect) -- who is her aunt? Bellatrix? Narcissa? I'm not sure why either of them earned the ire of Filch. 

Also, a very vague Year 4 theory (I'm on chapter 12):

Spoiler

I think Madam Rakepick is a villain. I was undecided until she called Filch a squib as an epithet -- and I mean, I hate Filch, but that's so unnecessarily cruel. I just can't work out what she wants, what she knows, who she's working for. hmmmmm.

• Like 1

Ineke

@facingthenorthwind i'm putting this under a spoiler  just in case bc I'm further than you:

Spoiler

she's talking about Bellatrix. She elaborates on said aunt later on :3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1