News Ticker

The Divination Room

RoxiMalfoy

Hello students, and welcome, one and all to the beautiful art of Divination!!! It is time to open your minds (as well as your mobile devices) and let us begin predicting the future together!! :wandinair:

tumblr_ln2fj2wuDN1qcxtm5o1_500.gif

This game is simple enough. Using your mobile device, you begin by typing out a sentence from the list of examples provided below. Then, using the Predictive Text feature on your mobile device, you continue by pressing whatever predicted words appear until the remainder of the sentence is formed. This game is typically played using the automatically generated words that appear in the CENTER of the predictive text window, but you may also use the left or right options as well. But please just try to stick with the same path once you've selected your first word. (Trust me, the sentences will all come out far more random/funny that way!!) xD 

We have provided a list of HPFT and HP themed starter sentences to get the game going!! (See Spoiler Tag) Feel free to pick and chose from as many of these as you wish. (Or feel free to do them ALL if you'd like, because they're absolutely hysterical!!) :P And if you have more ideas for any other HP quotes that we may have missed, or quotes/sentence ideas to use from other popular fandoms that you would like to add into the game, please feel free to insert those IN BOLD at the end of your post as well!! (NOTE: Bolding them will make it easier for people to spot the new additions!!) :thumbsup:

Now go forth into the digital world and let the mystical powers of mobile technology predict what the future shall be!!! :computer:

tumblr_n1of9apBNw1qgx2ojo2_500.gif

NOTE: You can't just copy+paste the sentences in on your phone. In order to get good predictions, it works better if you actually type out the first half of the sentence and then hit the auto-word generator. ;) 

Spoiler

HPFanficTalk Themed Sentences: 

• HPFT is...
  • I love HPFT because...
  • I found HPFT by...
  • I write Harry Potter Fan Fiction because...
  • The real reason I read fanfiction is... 
  • I can't live without [insert favorite fandom here] because...

Harry Potter themed sentences: 

• Harry Potter always...
  • Harry Potter likes...
  • I can't live without Harry Potter because...
  • [insert favorite HP character's name] is/was/are...
  • Harry Potter and the...
  • The boy who...
  • Welcome, welcome to another year...
  • I solemnly swear that... 
  • Don't let the Muggles get...
  • Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four Privet Drive were proud to say that they were...
  • You're a wizard...
  • My patronus is...
  • Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only... 
  • It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget...
  • The ones that loves us never really leave us. You can always find them...
  • I expect you're tired of hearing this, but you look an awful lot like...
  • You have your mother's...
  • My father will hear about...
  • Not my daughter, you... 
  • Enemies of the heir...
  • We could all have been killed - or worse, ...
  • I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In...
  • Something wicked this way comes...
  • Soon we must all fact the choice between what is right, and what is...
  • I'm sorry professor, but I must not tell...
  • Raise your wands for...
  • Wit beyond measure is...
  • You've got the emotional range of...
  • Together, we shall cast ourselves into...
  • The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord...
  • Master has presented Dobby with...
  • Now Dobby is free to...
  • It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than...
  • After all, to the well organized mind, death is...
  • Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean...
  • All was well...
  • You might belong in Hufflepuff...
  • You might belong in Gryffindor...
  • You might belong in Ravenclaw...
  • You might belong in Slytherin...
  • Slytherins are...
  • Ravenclaws are...
  • Gryffindors are
  • Hufflepuffs are...

I am so excited to see everyone's crazy predictions, loI!!! :yay: I will start us off with a few examples of some of my personal favorites form the list!!!

• Harry Potter always had a great time with Maggie lately but he didn't see the messages about your mom. xD 
  • Harry Potter was the one that Maggie posted on Twitter about her oversharing in a review. 
    • Apparently my phone really loves to associate @Levana with all things related to Harry Potter, lol!!! 
  • Harry Potter and the Birthdays from the forums. 
    • I could not have even made this one up if I had tried, haha!!! :roflol: 
  • The boy who loved the music and the world.
  • I solemnly swear that I am a professional and I have a great idea.
  • You might belong in Slytherin first and then you can get a new phone.  :slytherin: 
  • Slytherins are in agreement that the president has been a very similar problem for the last few months.
  • My patronus is so GORGEOUS!
    • Yes, my phone really DID capitalize that last word all on it's own like that, lol!! 
  • After all, to the well organized mind, death is the best thing you ever did. :darkmark: 
  • The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them on Twitter or Instagram and facebook and Snapchat if you'd be discussing the necessity to your featured story on the internet.

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Like 1

Guest Rumpelstiltskin
  • I love HPFT because... I have to go to the store.
  • Not my daughter, you already have a few.
  • You might belong in Slytherin robes and I will get back to you.
  • Slytherins are you going to be home tonight?
  • Together, we shall cast ourselves intoxicated.

Ahahaha! I'm coming back later for more!

HPFT is a good day.

I love HPFT because I don't want to shell out that kind of negativity in your life.

I found HPFT by the way to the gym.

I write Harry Potter fan fiction because I don't know anymore.

The real reason I read fanfiction is a good night baby I love you.

I can't live without Harry Potter because I don't know how to use my phone.

Harry Potter always be there for you.

Harry Potter likes to be a Slytherin with occasional Gryffindor moments.

Draco Malfoy is the only thing stopping me from the other one. 

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley were proud to say that they were all so much for putting up with me and my drama.

Slytherins are my true love and support.

My predictive text needs work lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

- I love HPFT because of how happy to go for food after the battle of Hogwarts (does this mean I'm basically an Avenger? :P)

- You might belong in Gryffindor colours for them to come back 

- Raise your wands for the last night so much to do that on a cloud services are your travels 

- I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In the meantime if anyone has other ideas we can look at that.

- I'm sorry professor, but I must not tell you have to be careful not to go back to the pub 

My predictive text is boring ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Deana, I am here. :P 

• Hpft is a great way to get up and eat and drink and drink plenty of water.
    • I definitely need assistance with that.
  • I love hpft because I have a lot of birds and I love you too much for the first time in my life.
  • I found hpft by the way home that I had to go to bed and I was like a little line next to the second last vowel.
  • The real reason I read fanfic is because I am not sure what to do with the idea of a competent AI.
    • HOW DOES MY PHONE KNOW MY SECRET
  • I can't live without Harry Potter because I am a massive hypocrite and I am not sure what he is doing in the future just for me to fall completely in my head this week and I am not sure if I will be able to hold down the whole house.

• We could all have been killed - or worse, but I don't know how to feel about it.
    • ....surprisingly accurate.
  • After all, to the well organised mind, death is the worst thing I ever ever had to do with my life and I was like a little girl who was recently transformed into a human being in the life of a child who didn't like the idea of a competent AI.
  • My father will hear about the abolition of the kapu system and the other might have sold them all out to Voldemort and I will be around in the afternoon. 
  • The ones that love us never really leave us. They can always be found in the same way that I have to leave the house in the morning.
  • Enemies of the heir and the other might have sold them all out to Voldemort
    • somewhat counterproductive, I feel?
  • Not my daughter, you know how I anointed you as king of the house and pretend that you are not being squished against the law.
  • Now Dobby is free to use your personal information to be a well meaning person in the world.
    • This is very accurate. Also, did Dobby comply with GDPR?
  • The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord with his eyes open and I shall see him in a little line next to the second last minute.

27 minutes ago, nott theodore said:

- I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In the meantime if anyone has other ideas we can look at that.

ohhh my god this is my favourite so far. what a gem.

Edited by facingthenorthwind
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I love HPFT because y’all have been so happy and that is the only thing.

The real reason I read fan fiction is to be in the same room with a little more wine. (I mean... accurate?)

All was well done and then we had a little time with him to get back to the gym.

You’ve got the emotional range of my last night of my grad school graduation.

My father will hear about that last scene and he is not a good father to me.  (so this one has me convinced that my phone listens to my conversations because one of friends is constantly making weird dad jokes like this)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I found HPFT by the way I was thinking of you and I hope you are doing well 

You're a wizard and I am so glad you are able to come today 

Slytherins are you going to be able to help me out with this I'd like to have a new addition to the team 

All was well and I was a bit surprised 

I solemnly swear that I was laid in the first place and I was a little bit about hpfanfictalk.com 

You've got the emotional range of the site and I are going to see if I can get a good idea 

The boy who is in the car 

It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to make sure that you are my referral to you and your family 

I'm sorry professor but I must not tell you that I am pretty sure he'd rise from the dead at his own funeral to correct me 

Now Dobby is free to chat at 1 pm Thursday night 

Welcome, welcome to another year of great family vacation 

• Haha 3

I love HPFT because I don't know what I am.

The real reason I read fanfiction is a good thing to do with the idea.

Harry Potter and the other side of the road.

I solemnly swear that I was a bit of a good idea but I think the only way to get the money to the store is a good thing.

that's it for now but this is fun (my predictive things are repetitive lol)

• Haha 3

HPFT is a giant of the time.

I love HPFT because I'll be able to sleep.

I found HPFT by the way again.

I write Harry Potter Fan Fiction because I'll only eat it if i suddenly have the link.

The real reason I read fanfiction is to be in london.

I can t live without B99 because of the end of the story of large dogs. 

Ill do the rest later but i had to cheat a little bc my predictive text is both english and dutch

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ineke said:

The real reason I read fanfiction is to be in london.

I mean, is this not fact :P you are constantly in London

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, facingthenorthwind said:

I mean, is this not fact :P you are constantly in London

Eh. I'm there a lot, yes. Im there again next weekend (like not upcoming, but 15th-17th) but in September I'll be in NYC for a change :'D

• Haha 1

I love HPFT because I have to agree. 

My father will hear about your business. 

I write fanfiction because I have to agree. 

The boy who was taking over the castle. 

I found HPFT by the way that he must have loved her, it was possible that he hadn’t accientally either. 

You're a wizard,working for the Royals? 

My patronus is a virus. 

Oh dear!  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mine start out pretty pure and wholesome and gradually get weirder. I'm not sure why it uses the word "y'all" a lot, because I barely use that word. I guess I use it more than I thought...?

I love HPFT because y'all have a lot to say to me.

I found HPFT by a friend who was a very nice guy.

I can't live without Harry Potter because y'all have been so happy.

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only the best place in life that you can bring in the next semester.

My father will hear about the next year.

I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In my room and then I'll come back in a few hours.

Raise your wands for a little while to see if y'all want me a lot more than you guys.

Now Dobby is free to join the free version and have fun at a time with the other team in a while.

Not my daughter, you know I don't want you guys going on the weekend and then I'll go get back with y'all.

You've got the emotional range of a few days ago when I got the first one and then I went back.

You might belong in Hufflepuff this is a great game for you.

Hufflepuffs are you guys want me a lot more to come over and do it next year.

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on Earth should that mean I am going on the way home?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

You might belong in Hufflepuff if y'all want me too much.

(I mean, don't deny it, you guys.)

I write fanfiction because it's a good game for kids.

(Please do not read my fics to your kids! I cannot be held responsible for what happens if you do.)

• Haha 2

HPFT is there anyway so I'll be back tomorrow

I love HPFT because I was just trying to be a bad girl and a girl who is a bit of a cutie 

I found HPFT by the time we got back from her childhood 

I write Harry Potter Fan Fiction because it was her first choice in English

The real reason I read fanfiction is to be a bad person

I can't live without DC Comics because they want me to be with you forever 

... Soooooo my autocorrect is very mushy xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• HPFT is the first person in a series of events who has ever been killed (uhhhh okay?) ?
  • I love HPFT because they have a good time and I can always be the best 
  • I found HPFT by a couple of crows and then I grabbed a drink from the house (look I have a crow themed staff set on a video game I play ?) 
  • my patronus is a good night 
  • you have your mother’s birthday present 
  • not my daughter, you gotta know that I am not sure what you mean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

HPFT is the only black panther fan that I can watch 

I write Harry Potter fan fiction because he has no sense to me think about that

I can't live without Black Sails because I have no sense to have the time 

I can't live without Harry Potter because she was the first to unscramble a fan

Harry Potter and the only one I know that is not a good idea 

Don't let the muggles get the best deal 

My patronus is a fan art 

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of places, if only one person can do that 

It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to be the only black sails fan 

Wit beyond measure is a very different than the last one of those things spoilers 

All was well known for a very different story about how many times it is possible that they would be the same thing

Ravenclaws are a fan art for the art art of the art art world 

Hufflepuffs are also apparently an excellent source for an excellent way of art 

• Haha 6

I love HPFT because you're so hot.
The real reason I read fanfiction is to be okay.
I solemnly swear that you don't know me and you never had a chance and I know you're so good.
The boy who knows what you want and what you're saying and what he's saying about it is what you want.
Now Dobby is free to play dumb things like this app.
Hufflepuffs are the way to the one who swipes right.
My patronus is so adorable omg.
My father will hear about me and I don't know how.
I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In my mind!

Dying. :')

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Harry Potter always comes in love.

• true

The boy who had been used for years and was a good thing.

• dang predictive text is getting dark but only is telling the truth

Not my daughter you can be my dad. 

• what.

Now Dobby is free to play the same game and then go back home.

• what??????
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This was very funny. 

I write Harry Potter fan fiction because it was the best way to get to the point.

The real reason I read fan fiction is that I cannot make my life better than this

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only you can make a great life of your children with your family or your own students who have been in love with you. --- This is bizarrely specific. 

We could all be killed - or worse than that they were going on a Saturday morning.

The boy who was in a bachelor party ? 

Harry Potter and the time I was going to go to pick up my car. (The alternate title to CoS) 

Edited by UnnamedMinorCharacter
  • Haha 2

On 6/7/2018 at 10:55 AM, toomanycurls said:

I'm sorry professor but I must not tell you that I am pretty sure he'd rise from the dead at his own funeral to correct me 

This is by far the funniest thing I've read all day, lmao!!! I damn near fell out my chair at work the first time I read this. I so was not ready!!! :roflol:

On 6/7/2018 at 11:21 AM, Ineke said:

I love HPFT because I'll be able to sleep.

Ummm, Ineke, I'm pretty sure your phone is lying to you there, haha!!! Cuz, like, you never sleep when you're in the queue. :P

23 hours ago, PaulaTheProkaryote said:

I love HPFT because they have a good time and I can always be the best 

Wow Paula, what a very Slytherin thing for your phone to say!! xD Also, I'm pretty sure that I'm the best, lol!! (jk.)

On 6/7/2018 at 9:20 AM, facingthenorthwind said:
  • Not my daughter, you know how I anointed you as king of the house and pretend that you are not being squished against the law.
  • Now Dobby is free to use your personal information to be a well meaning person in the world

HAAA!!! Also, wow Emma. Your phone seems to be really obsessed with the idea of getting a competent AI, lol!!! :D

OMG, some of these responses have come out WAY better than I ever imagined, lol!!! xD  I'm back to do some more, so...

• HPFT is not the same thing as the next chapter of my life right now.
  • I love HPFT because I'm trying so hard to get myself out there and I have to be able to make it there ASAP.
  • I found HPFT by a fellow Morbid Slytherin who had been banned for simply being the most popular person on reddit.
  • I write Harry Potter fanfiction because I'm not a fan of those people who have excuses for their stories.
  • The real reason I read fanfiction is because I have to do that with my friends.
  • I can't live without the Harry Potter fandom because it is the only thing that we have in the world.
  • Draco Malfoy was a thing that I loved every minute of the day. (I mean, #Truth tho, lol!!)
  • Welcome, welcome to another year in the united kingdom of our new little home.
  • Don't let the muggles get you on board for either of the things we don't want to do.
  • You're a wizard and you are not the same person who has been in the world for the last few months now.
  • My father will hear about this issue and I think that he is being soo bad at all the things.
  • Not my daughter, you are still in denial about the fact that I have a few more left over from the beginning when the funding ran out.
  • You have your mother's face and personally I think you should be a good girl.
  • Enemies of the heir are representatives who have excuses for their actions.
  • Master has presented Dobby with a lot more than a little extra money.
  • Now Dobby is free to ask you something about the new members of the house.
  • We could all have been killed - or worse, but we were both a bit more complicated than we thought.
  • I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In a statement released wednesday on a daily news conference in Washington state.
  • Something wicked this way comes to the end of next season of American idol.
  • Happiness can be found even when he is risen and the other one says you have to go with him.
  • Of course it's happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that you are a little more comfortable asking for me to be the most important person in your life.
  • Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number 4 Privet Drive were proud to say that they were not affiliated with the other children and had to go through a few more hours of sleep in their homes to help with their lives in that area. (...wut???)
  • Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is going to be the best thing to happen for the rest of the country if we want them to be able to get to know each other.
  • I'm sorry professor, but I must not tell you what was happening to you and your stories of the people who were talking about HPFF being closed now. (HAAA!!!)
  • It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our own upcoming awards and stuff for the best thing you ever did with your life. (I clearly use my phone for site thing way too often, lolol!!!) 
  • I expect you're tired of hearing this, but you look an awful lot like the one who was running everything on that list of patients from the hospital today.

:roflol:

Edited by RoxiMalfoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

My patronus is the most important thing in the morning.

(Apparently my patronus is coffee.)

Harry Potter likes to be a little can of worms.

Enemies of the heir will be there at noon.

All was well worth the money.

It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget about the panda's lack of communication.

(Phew, I thought that one was going to head into some wayward Hufflepuff conversations...)

I did my waiting! 12 years of it! In the middle of the basement!

Wit beyond measure is the most important part of the reason I am regretting eating the chicken.

OMGosh, these are all sooo good. The temptation is too much, lol!! xD @Levana I'm totally going to add in some of those LotR ones like we talked about!!! ;)

@Rumpelstiltskin and @starbuck, I know you guys are going to love these, haha!!! ^_^

Lord of the Rings/Hobbit Themed Sentences:

• In a hole in the ground there lived a…
    • Nine companions. So be it. You shall be known as the fellowship of the...
    • One ring to rule them…
    • The Lord of the…
    • One does not simply...
    • They're taking the Hobbits to…
    • The return of the...
    • Even the smallest person can change the course of the…
    • I will take it. I will take the ring to...
    • And you shall have my…
    • All we have to decide is what to do with…
    • A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when…
    • May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights…
    • I thought up an ending for my book: “And he lived…
    • There can only be one Lord of the Rings, only one who can…
    • the ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only their can it be…
    • Anyways, you need people of Intelligence on this sort of…
    • I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. “Don't you leave…
    • My precious will be ours once the hobittses are…
    • It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over…

Here are my results for these. Some of them are quite hysterical, lol!!! :D

• In a hole in the ground there lived a few things that people weren't freaking out trying to get to know.
  • Nine companions. So be it. You shall be known as the fellowship of the people who were on Twitter for a few days before they could just kidnap the victim of their username.
  • One ring to rule them out of the house Cup tournament since they were not participating in any way.  (Talk about a crossover, lol!!)
  • The Lord of the earth was not on top with me and my father.
  • One does not simply do it if it was the first time.
  • They're taking the hobbits to get a chance of being noticed by people who have used their power to make sure that they are more than just a little bit of light reading.
  • The return of the people in the middle class has helped us realize that I can do this job.
  • Even the smallest person can change the course of time for another day or two as long as the end is not the same as the next stop.
  • I will take it. I will take the ring to the party in the morning.
  • And you shall have my first ever shiny pokemon.
  • May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights come out of your eyes and the world is not a big deal forever.
  • All we have to decide is what to do with the new Galaxy s9 plus that I was just gonna have enough time and opportunity to grow in my pocket.  (umm… okay??)
  • A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when the forums are set up, and I think he will be able to get the new members to make a post on Twitter about the situation as well. ?
  • There can only be one Lord of the Rings. Only one who can be in a position to be the most awesome thing I will ever replace with my friends.
  • I thought up an ending for my book: “And he lived with his wife to the end, and then the whole entire family had gone through it again for another reason, and I had a lot more sense than I thought.”  (The End???)
  • The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be too much of an impact on the archives to be the most popular part of my Novel.  (Apparently my phone wants that LotR fanfic I have to be written just as much as Maggie and Rumpel do, haha!!) xD
  • Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of podfic that you have been doing all the time.  (#SpoilerAlert, OMG phone!!!)
  • I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. “Don't you leave off the internet for some time now.” (And trust me y’all, I don't mean to, lmao!!) :P
  • My precious will be ours once the hobbitses are in agreement with whatever tf they are typically on about. (That's it. I'm dying now!!!) :roflol:
  • It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over the last time that we were able to get the best of your own business with your drunken shenanigans right away.
  • Like 2