Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Our 'The Nifflers That Stole Christmas' event is open through January 1!
  • What did the golden snitch say when Harry Potter was itchy?
  • Quidditching!
adorably cute

adorably cute

Sleepingbagonthesofa
On 10/21/2018 at 12:11 AM, adorably cute said:

I am 0/10 prepared for NaNo or the month of November in general but in true Gryffindor spirit, I'm just diving right in and getting started.

YES! Doin' it the Gryffie way! 🦁❤️

Hey Twin, I'm here with some love for your nest and questions for you! 

1. Now that your nearly finished, is there anything you wish you could tell Past-Sarah when she was starting home? 

2. How has your writing developed or changed over the story? 

3. Has Carson ended up like you had always imagined? Was there anything about her character that changed form your first idea? 

4. Seriously, how did you come up with the Quidditch stats? I've got to know how that brain of yours works. 

5. YES JAMES II MOB BOSS! Will this be set in usual 'Next Gen' times or are we getting more of a godfather or 1920s feel for it? 

6. Not a question but you can totally hit 15k!! I belive in you 😋 

Recent Badges

adorably cute

@ShadowRose hii taylor!! thanks for the questions!

1. how does it feel to be so close to being done with home?

it's both amazing and terrifying? like here's this thing that i've put so much time and work and energy into over the last year-ish and now it's just suddenly...done? these characters i've put so much into and i love so much, i'm so sad to not be consistently writing them anymore! but at the same time, there's this huge sense of accomplishment and achievement, like i created this wonderful thing!

2. are there any characters or storylines in home that ended up being way more significant than you expected them to be?

oh my gosh, YES! pull up a chair because let me tell you.  quidditch stats was definitely the biggest storyline that grew way more significant than what i expected it to be, because in my original outline of the story, it didn't even exist! and obviously, that's now a huge part of the story and carson and james sooo... lou and maeve are another storyline that are more significant than i originally thought, but then i (and people reading) fell in love with them and they just grew and grew.

3. is the james you've written in home at all similar, characterization-wise, to the james in your mob boss story, or not at all?

ohhh they're pretty different i think? the james in mob boss (title tbd) is a little more calculating. i don't want to say he's less reckless because he's definitely a risk taker still but being responsible for an entire organization makes him a little more concerned about potential consequences. he's definitely not as open and easy-going as home james. 

4. will there be a jily storyline in your office au at some point?

YES! omg i'm SO EXCITED to get the to jily storyline. the next part i'm writing has some jily moments in it and i can't wait for them

5. what's your favorite coffee drink? #teamcoffee

ohh this is tough because i love coffee so much !! my usual go-to drink is a vanilla latte (with 1 pump of syrup), but when i'm looking for something comforting i'll get a cinnamon dolce latte from starbucks and around christmas, i'm very partial to a peppermint mocha.

@Sleepingbagonthesofa hi twin!! welcome to the nest and also thanks for the questions!

1. Now that your nearly finished, is there anything you wish you could tell Past-Sarah when she was starting home? 

buckle up this is going to be a much wilder ride than you thought😂

2. How has your writing developed or changed over the story? 

i definitely think it's changed, but i'm not sure i could give you a definitive answers as to how. i guess i just feel there's a better flow to it now than when i started it

3. Has Carson ended up like you had always imagined? Was there anything about her character that changed form your first idea? 

she's very similar to how i imagined her! at her core, she's the same; i think some little things have changed from my first idea. like she's much better with her siblings than she was originally (my first thoughts had her completely unsure how to approach anyone under the age of 11😂)

4. Seriously, how did you come up with the Quidditch stats? I've got to know how that brain of yours works. 

omg quidditch stats were a labor of love! this was a lot of time and effort and i owe a lot to baseball and hockey stats (of which i was vaguely familiar with and spent a lot of time reading more about to gather a better understanding of what works). but basing things off of them (hockey stats for chaser/keeper and baseball for beater), i kind of made things work for how i wanted them to for quidditch (though they definitely lack both validity and reliability to technically be accurate 😂)

5. YES JAMES II MOB BOSS! Will this be set in usual 'Next Gen' times or are we getting more of a godfather or 1920s feel for it? 

it's like a next gen meets godfather type of thing 😉

6. Not a question but you can totally hit 15k!! I belive in you 😋 

😘 thank youuu

Crimson Quill

:gryffindor: love!!

1. Is there anything special you will do to celebrate completing the end of Home?

2. you've created some OCs for your James' mob boss fic was your process them the same as your process for Carson?

3. Does mob boss fic have a title or a working title? if you haven't chosen, how do you normally choose?

4. Will mob boss fic be another novel length story for you?

5. how did the office AU come about? what attracted you to write an AU?

6. How will you balance between projects?

Pixileanin

Hi there!

Cheering you on for NaNo.  I don't want to throw any questions your way that are gonna distract you from writing, so I guess my only question is...

HOW MANY WORDS DID YOU WRITE TODAY???

(shakes pom poms, and is excited for the finish of Home!)

adorably cute

@Crimson Quill Abbi!! love the :gryffindor: love ❤️💛 thanks for the questions!

1. Is there anything special you will do to celebrate completing the end of Home?

Truly, I don't think I've thought that far ahead? I know I will be both sad and excited but who knows how I'll actually feel right then! Might be a day-of kind of decision!

2. you've created some OCs for your James' mob boss fic was your process them the same as your process for Carson?

it's been different, i'd say! in terms of carson, I had a lot of ideas of how I wanted her character to be and a basic plot, but then a lot of the details of the story came later. so i don't want to say she formed herself, but it was pretty easy to create her character. it's been kind of the opposite for this one, where I had the idea for the story and some plot things first and then kind of created the characters to fit into the story.

3. Does mob boss fic have a title or a working title? if you haven't chosen, how do you normally choose?

It has a working title! it's blood in the water. i'm not 100% set on it, but i'm definitely leaning toward it. honestly titles are some of the hardest thing for me and i really don't have a process of how i choose, i just kind of wait for inspiration to come to me and hope for the best

4. Will mob boss fic be another novel length story for you?

I don't think so? At least, I'm hoping it will be less than 50,000 words. I will be surprised if it is another novel, let's put it that way (though let me say right now that home was not supposed to be a novel, let alone 80,000+ words so...)

5. how did the office AU come about? what attracted you to write an AU?

i watch a lot of the office. like, a lot. i'd say too much, but there's no such thing as too much. and i was watching it on netflix one day and think it came from one of the pranks jim played on dwight? like haha a marauders au with james playing pranks on snape in the work place. and then the next day, i wrote this (rated m for safety since it's tumblr) bit on my tumblr page and really just couldn't get the idea out of my mind. i love writing an au! it's so fun using all these characters but pretty much being able to do what you want with them in a different world?

6. How will you balance between projects?

I don't really have plans to balance between them specifically! home is my primary focus, but i like have multiple projects that i'm working on at a time so that if i'm feeling stuck or just not feeling that fic at the moment, then i still have something else i can work on! i've kind of been working on plotting (and writing some random scenes) of mob fic for months now and that'll probably become my primary focus once i finish home. office au part ii is more for fun; it's nice and easy-going so it's just fun to work on when i want something light!

@Pixileanin hi friend!!!! so far I've written 108 words as part of a rat race and i think i managed about 100 earlier in day? so about 200, i guess, though i am planning on writing more when i get home later (though, that may technically be tomorrow). thanks for the cheerleading ♥️:hug:

adorably cute

I procrastinated real hard this afternoon and created this picspam for the tentatively titled blood in the water mob fic

1118356127_aesthetic1.thumb.jpeg.f6c684202706271e1423d2afe1483ddc.jpeg

also, i may be writing louis/maeve fic because why not?

• Like 1

galadriel

Hey Sarah! Here with some fun questions for you. :D 

1. Yay for completing Home! How does it feel? 

2. What are your favourite lines/ moments from Home? 

3. What are some headcanons you have for Lily II?

4. Do you have any writing goals for December? 

5. If you were a Hogwarts student, which electives would you choose in your third year? 

Happy holidays! 🎄

Recent Badges

adorably cute

@galadriel hi nim! thanks for the questions!!

1. Yay for completing Home! How does it feel? 

it feels good! now haha. the first few days after i finished it were both terrifying and amazing because, like on one hand i finished the thing, and on other hand i finished the thing and it was like 

2. What are your favourite lines/ moments from Home? 

i love anytime Carson and James talk about Quidditch stats; there's a scene in chapter 12 where they just give each other shit about them that was really fun to write. another favorite scene was the first time Carson brought James home to meet Oliver and Alicia as her boyfriend. surprisingly, the valentine's chapter came out as one of my favorite chapters, for a whole lot of reasons, and one of my favorite parts of dialogue from that chapter is this:

"What do you mean didn't ask her to go to Hogsmeade with you? How dumb can you be?" 

"I panicked! She's so pretty!"

"You're part veela!" Meg cries. "You're so pretty!"

3. What are some headcanons you have for Lily II?

ohhh she's a lot like Ginny but a little less confident with herself. she likes quidditch but she doesn't play--not because she can't, (she's actually pretty good and she will play at home with her family) but because she doesn't want the comparison.

4. Do you have any writing goals for December? 

ohhh my writing goals for december are to keep working on the mob fic i've plotted and started and to hopefully finish at least one of the one-shots i'm working on right now

5. If you were a Hogwarts student, which electives would you choose in your third year? 

arithmancy for sure! i like numbers haha. and then either care of magical creature or ancient runes, the second one would be a tougher choice. i like languages but i also like cute animals.

• Like 1